S2 Clive's Quest and Perfect Game Attempt [Spoilers !!!]

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
veeshadow

S2 Clive's Quest and Perfect Game Attempt [Spoilers !!!]

Post by veeshadow »

Some warning first:
- Spoilers everywhere, I assume you're finished with the game at least if you want bother this topic.
- Keep your respect. I don't want useless discussions for is this possible? what's the purpose? Why you bother this thing? That's why the topic created. To see how my attempt and how's that possible.
- Don't expect a fast play. I don't wanna be called "I have no life except for this game". FF IX excalibur 2 discussion has been there for years, even the guide still fixed or refined at this 2012. Call this a long term playing.
- This is not complete walkthrough or guide. But rather also cool finds or few unique, impressions, and explanation in term of challenge. When I'm trying earlier sections I'm just thought "whoa, that's really possible !!!" seeing I can troll Mist Shade the 1st boss with everyone underleveled makes me happy haha... If I ever want to make a guide for this, it will take long time...

So, call me bored, want a challenge, or else. If you wandering on gamefaqs (different name but same signature), you will notice about my frequently on FF IX boards then participating on one challenge exist on the game. Excalibur 2 + perfect game challenge, you have to pick it on last dungeon in the game before the clock reach 12 hours while at same time you pick any possible missable things, minigames, items, events, and more...Now notice what similarity for Suikoden 2? Yes, Clive's quest. 20 hours limitation then you still want to clear anything possible mainly missable ones.

Why I want to bother this challenge? First, same as excalibur 2 if you only care for Clive's quest alone speed run the game is not hard. You just need to familiarize the game. You can reach it even before half time the requirement need. But then you missed your missable things and more, so why not we do it on the timer as well? Second, gamefaqs and suikosource actually have nice guides in term of this. But sadly, Johnathan's guide just focus for walkthrough and Scarlet's guide on gamefaqs only focus to get all missable items and fastest time but no missable/optional scenes and leftovers. On major battles, how you win them faster? There is no clear strategy or tips regarding one small section. The guide is well made, just seems incomplete to me. Third, I've completed the game around 3-4 times and I completed 2 times with Clive's ending viewed (less than 20 hours, true ending unlocked) but that's just blind play and not getting perfect things, so this time will be the get all things !!

So think this as my attempt to do that, some goals maybe weird but I state it anyway.
- View all Clive's event (obviously)
- Get criteria for best ending (that means get all 108 SoD, forgiver sign, and blah blah included)
- Get missable items. Why not all items? see arguable things.
- Get missable/optional scenes. Yeah I bother to get this one. However, few scenes will be skipped since too much time needed (like 108 battles, facing Rowd on Kyaro)
- Clear major battles without any important units lose. No death, not even wounded or removed on battle. This excluded a state army that no SoD leader inside (few battles has a normal state soldier unit). So guaranteed for get all SoD alive beside Kiba.
- Now for crazy things: between the timer you need to do Richmond's secret, Hai Yo's cook-off, recruiting squirrel, save Ridley on Radat, liberate Greenhill on Yuber's path, and more. Sounds impossible? All Hai Yo's cook-off has high chance to not cleared all 12 rounds but you can do few of them. Plus you can have Nanami and Kiba as your judges since they have point to removed on story (plus Ridley maybe if you choose Boris)

So then what's the topic used for? Discussion, ask, answer, impression, rage, happy, my feelings when attempt to do will going on here. Maybe a show-off too but also the most extreme way to replaying the game...

My progress so far:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... m-card.jpg

Well that's with Matilda glitch obviously but I swear this is hardest part to me thanks to Black Urn. But also fun in other way,
especially Harpy boss. Who wants to defeat this boss without getting trouble, I just wanna scream out when Revenge Earth and Canopy Defense make the boss become joke !!! Good news and bad news. Good is I've recorded this for more show off on my youtube channel. Bad is I'll hold off the upload for a while...

Arguable things
- Level 99 issue, first if you don't have Fortune Rune there are many members that won't instant lv 99 with lv 99 trick. While with
Fortune I can count how many people that can't instant lv 99. Second that means all people will have to stay at lv 49 maximum for those who can use Fortune and 39 to those can't. Sadly there are few people that still can't fulfill both criteria >__< Now for Riou and Nanami's case. Nanami must be lv 99 before her sacrifice. Riou, either you keep him dead once he touch lv 49 or get him lv 99 at same point as Nanami. Jowy also share unique condition, he can get lv 99 glitch but also if you use Matilda glitch you can level leap him to lv 70-80 using same trick for 60k exp. This also make few parts easier, but easier said than done...
- Guardian deity rewards. Related to lv 99 issue and getting all items.
- Party members, this game has endless combinations in term of party selections. So I can't force you to pick a member beside required ones. The only certain thing is lightning rune. This rune can broke the game for some boss battles. So as long you bring members that can use that rune and have at least 1 free slot the strategies can similar even with D or E affinities.
- Kasumi vs Valeria, Siegfried vs Abizboah, Ridley vs Boris. Not much said from me at this moment. You should know what this means. Long story short, you can still complete the game regardless your route just will take differences. On my game attempt, I pick Kasumi, Siegfried, and Ridley. These are my own reasons:
* kasumi will have Mondo and Sasuke immediately and they are best ones to pick on Luca Blight battles so shorter time for grinding before that battle.
* Abizboah stands as one of possible member that can't instant lv 99 since he can't use Fortune Rune (can someone confirm his initial level? if more than 39 then that is)
* I love Ridley on any way !! Plus the major battles after Boris joins actually will force you to full assault rather than defense. so critical > evade any day.
- All items, mainly bath items. You only have 30 inventories, 60 storage, 5 items per person (assume everyone can't use shield), 6
antiques, 2 paint.. There's no way you can store them all..
- Matilda glitch. I take this for time advantage. I won't say it's impossible to do these things without Matilda glitch. It will just make your time is longer and postpone your later optional things like Richmond's secret and Hai Yo's cook-off. So there will be few things dumped out due to your time. Also money issue for earlier game (don't ever think you'll get Fury Rune until end game)
- Secret room on Radat and Mole minigames, These are two things in the game that make me rage quit them lol... Since they're not missable, just rule them out... If anyone can figure how RNG works behind this (like that one discovered for Squirrel recruitment making this now a joke), that will be something new lol... Before someone ask, yes dude I clear Karen's dance for all levels. I just don't know how to make good tips for this except show you video rather than words (It's on my playlist)
Last edited by veeshadow on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
veeshadow

Re: S2 Clive's Quest and Perfect Game Attempt [Spoilers !!!]

Post by veeshadow »

I guess I'm starting with these: Suikoden 1 file :

- Name your Suikoden I Hero started my “M” letter so he’ll be called “McDohl” in Suikoden II
- Get all 108 SoD and alive. Pahn is alive and Gremio also revived.
- McDohl has Silver Hat and Master Garb equipped on him.
- McDohl has max level weapon (16). Self explanatory
- Humphrey has Windspun Armor equipped on him
- There is also a level bonus. But to me it’s not that matter much since it just make a returning SoD or McDohl in Suikoden II join you with higher level.

Fast Mist Shade (first boss strategy)
Riou : use all Flaming Arrows
Jowy: use all Angry Blow
Bolgan: use Fire Breath Rune then defend
Rina: use all Flaming Arrows via Fire Rune
Eilie: use Fire Wall then Flaming Arrows.

Result: Mist Shade battle end in 2 turns, everyone on red HP but guaranteed win. Just a matter that the boss can kill someone. I win the battle with everyone survived.

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Did you get the Black Sword Rune and Bright Shield Rune before entering to Matilda? Because Jowy will unlock his 4th spell if he is over level 30,and Mt.Rakutei's boss will be much easier.
Matilda trick will come in handy,onwards,because random enemies will be weaker up to the point in Two River area or so,i'm not sure,so you can let them go.

Anyway in order to get the perfect ending (recruit all 108 stars before the recapture of Rockaxe),and finish Clive's quest,is still possible,but it's impossible to have a perfect game,meaning getting all sound sets,all recipes,all old-books,etc.

You can get all the 108 stars,under some conditions.

1) You should start recruiting most of them,after recruiting Viki,and getting Blinking Mirror.
2) You should get all the characters from a certain area by once. For example in South Window (exept Clive) there are many characters who will be recruitable after a certain point of the game. Like Adlai who will be recruitable just after getting your HQ,and Gantetsu who will be recruitable after defeating Neclord. So the best option is to get them all after defeating Neclord.
3) Have Stallion always in your party

Now about Kasumi/Valeria,Ridley/Boris,Sigfried/Abizboah...i think the best option is Kasumi,Ridley,Abizboah
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'd rather go for Valeria, since it makes Anitas recruitment faster and you'll get to Rokkaku eventually even without Kasumi and can ecruit the two ninjas.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

@Sasarai10 But wouldn't recruiting in South Window all in one shot disable Clive's Quest unless you cheat or bank in 10 hours or less after beating Neclord?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:I'd rather go for Valeria, since it makes Anitas recruitment faster and you'll get to Rokkaku eventually even without Kasumi and can ecruit the two ninjas.
Yes you can recruit Sasuke and Mondo without Kasumi,but you can only if you have HQ at level 4.

ninjaluc79 wrote:@Sasarai10 But wouldn't recruiting in South Window all in one shot disable Clive's Quest unless you cheat or bank in 10 hours or less after beating Neclord?

I don't think so...i reffered South Window as an example.

But it's better to recruit all characters in one shot,because it will save time.
And of course make sure to do the Matilda Glitch early in the game,so you'll go at circa 34-35 level,and you won't have to fight further random enemies,for some period of the game (probably up to the point where you made an alliance with Two River)
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

And here I am, trying to recruit all 108 SoDs and Clive's Quest at the same time without the Matilda Glitch and yet fail miserably at it. I don't want to use the glitch if I can help it because it's that broken.

I usually bank in 16-18 hours before defeating Neclord, by which I usually give up trying to complete Clive's Quest because there's not enough time to make it to Highland before the 20-hour time limit.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

For my other progress:
- Got 4x Double Beat Rune
- Make sure Nanami and Mukumuku join party after Flik and Viktor rescue Riou.
- After escape from Kyaro and back to Mercenary Fortress (MF). Kick out Mukumuku and pick Gengen. Go to Ryube forest to help the bird (Shiro and Kinnison trigger), then go back to recruit Rikimaru and Zamza. Don't worry the time still count.
- Battle against Bonaparte:
equipments
Gengen: Leather Hat, Leather Coat, Wooden Shield, Leather Cape, Boots x2
Zamza: Feathered Hat, Guard Robe, Boots, Gloves, Gauntlet
Millie: Medicine, Gloves, Flaming Arrow
Nanami: Blue Ribbon, Medicine, Gloves
Riou and Jowy doesn't matter except they must equip medicine. Zamza, Nanami, and Gengen must be on front row.

have Zamza use Fire Dragon then Gengen and Jowy attack normally for all turns (except noted below). Use Flaming Arrows from Millie on first turn. Now the action for rest members are depend on Nanami’s condition.
o When Nanami is balanced (can use commands) : use Family ATK, Millie use medicine to Gengen/Zamza (depend on which one attacked by Bonaparte). If somehow both Gengen/Zamza need heal, have Jowy use medicine on the other one. (example if Millie heal Gengen, have Jowy heal Zamza)
o When Nanami is unbalanced (can only use items) : Nanami use medicine to Gengen/Zamza, Riou attack normally, Millie attack normally or use medicine to other one when both Gengen/Zamza need heal (look the example above for Jowy)

guaranteed win even underleveled...

- After win this battle, Shiro and Kinnison should be there and recruited. I kick Zamza and Millie for them.
- Pilika event should be there now. After agree her request, save game and I'm gonna do Matilda glitch for first time but not meet Futch and Humphrey. Okay I already said Matilda glitch is arguable, every opinions have pros and cons.. At least this is not cheat dude...

Of course I'll recruit Futch+Humphrey after Riou and Jowy's true rune, I also have secret plan about that. Here is the hint I told on first post: You can level leap Jowy to lv 70-80 using same trick that lv 39 -> 99 for 60k exp.

Well I'll try to keep recruits minimum until Toran arc.. Not only faster recruitment but also for my extra cook-off for Nanami and Kiba as judges. Treat this as missable judges.. Lesser your SoD, higher chance for them to appear (less resets)
Antimatzist wrote:I'd rather go for Valeria, since it makes Anitas recruitment faster and you'll get to Rokkaku eventually even without Kasumi and can ecruit the two ninjas.
Anita's recruit only took 5 minutes without Valeria o__o if you choose Kasumi, it's recommended to recruit her on Muse.
Sasarai10 wrote:

Anyway in order to get the perfect ending (recruit all 108 stars before the recapture of Rockaxe),and finish Clive's quest,is still possible,but it's impossible to have a perfect game,meaning getting all sound sets,all recipes,all old-books,etc.

Now about Kasumi/Valeria,Ridley/Boris,Sigfried/Abizboah...i think the best option is Kasumi,Ridley,Abizboah
That's why I'll try to get those castle stuffs to make it possible XD I'm doing some researchs now and I found some effective ways to make battles faster (including world map/major battle). My only problem with Abizboah is if he join more than lv 39, can't instant lv 99 o__o
ninjaluc79 wrote:And here I am, trying to recruit all 108 SoDs and Clive's Quest at the same time without the Matilda Glitch and yet fail miserably at it. I don't want to use the glitch if I can help it because it's that broken.

I usually bank in 16-18 hours before defeating Neclord, by which I usually give up trying to complete Clive's Quest because there's not enough time to make it to Highland before the 20-hour time limit.
Well, if you can tell what things that make your time slower I think I can help. My friend says major battle and equipments stuff that make him slow and I can solve it personally although that means you must always reset when RNG doesn't on your side...

For non-matilda glitch path, I have some ideas:
- Sindar ruins arc, the boss is weak against fire, so Zamza or Millie should help. You really need resets when MF is attacked to get either one.
- Don't bother getting Fury Rune even if you can buy it (except if you use Matilda glitch, because that glitch can give you 60k+ potch). It's possible to get some money but you really need that money for other arc instead (north window/two river for example).
- Try use party member that has high magic growth and MP (Luc for example). In arcs between two river until Kiba's battle I realize those magic runes are so OP, making it's less time consuming to clear story.. Especially when using Matilda Glitch you can spam Fire/Lightning Runes for the joke since you can bring 6 people with 70+ magic (have at least 1 MP on lv 3 spells).
- Instead grinding on Rockaxe world map for Matilda glitchers, grind your level on the monsters that also have chance to drop items needed for story. For example, Ragged One that drop Chick and Turtle Plans (missable) or Flyers that similar with Mukumuku drops Celadon Urn. We need this to recruit Lebrante and any extra Urn you get will be sold on Gordon so high profit alongside with Ancient Text !!!

Remember that all must be done quickly. Excalibur 2 challenge on FF IX requires you to resets when you're unlucky. Same rule applies for this game...

These are also few things that you can take advantage for faster time:
- wall-diagonally run : yeah except for psp version that you can run diagonally by default, you can run diagonally on some walls or tree or any things that act as fence of the road...
- skipping dialogues: mashing X and triangle on fast message settings will make the dialogue really run fast

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Mh I always thought that Anita is taking a lot more time. Is it random or is the time frame in which you must talk to her just very narrow?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Mh I always thought that Anita is taking a lot more time. Is it random or is the time frame in which you must talk to her just very narrow?

I don't know,if she is recruitable in Muse. I think she can only be recruited,in Banner Village. I spoke to her over 30 times in Muse,but she didn't join....but on the other hand in Banner Village i spoke to her once (without Valeria),and she joined.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hey,here is a character recruitment order,if you wish to save time in order to complete Clive's quest and get the good ending.

-Get Mukumuku early in Kyaro and save Nanami(3 recs)
-Get Rikimaru,Millie,Kinnison and Shiro in Ryube,and Zamza in Toto (9 recs)
-Get Hanna in Toto,after the village is burned (11 recs)
-Once you get Bright Shield and Black Sword,and relocated in Muse,get Humphrey and Futch via Matilda's glitch (14 recs)
-Get Gilbert in the War Battle in Muse (15 recs)
-Go to Kuskus to get Oulan,and Tai Ho & Yam Koo,for the boat to get in Lakewest (30 recs)
- Once you get to Lakewest recruit Taki (31 recs)
- Recruit Hans in Two River once you'll be there,and don't forget to buy Fried Tacos from items shop in Kobold district. (32 recs)
- When you have made an alliance with Two River and you are going back to your HQ use Fried Tacos to get Tetsu (36 recs)
-Go back to South Window to get Clive,Alex & Hilda,and Adlai (make sure to have Freed in your party,because he is equipped with that Shield which Adlai demands) (40 recs)
- Now you'll have a castle at level 2,so Hai Yo will appear in your HQ. Go talk to him (41 recs)
- Add Chaco and Gengen in your party,along with Clive,whilst you are in HQ. Now go to Lakewest to recruit Shilo,and speak to the guy at the inn,who will give you info about Elza (42 recs)
- Go to Two River to get Sid and Gabocha (44 recs)
- Go to Forest Village to find the fake Elza,and get Wakaba and Tony (46 recs)
- After making an alliance with Greenhill (make sure you recruited Emilia),and you are going back to your HQ,go to Greenhill-Muse check to pick up Meg and Gadget and in Two River to get Jeane (53 recs)
- Recruit Viki on your way to Matilda (54 recs)
- After defeating Kiba,and you are going to Gregminster to meet Lepant,you will have Freed in your party,so recruit Yoshino,Stalion,Amada and Richmond (62 recs)
- Purchase a Rose Brooch from Banner,and two Celadon Urns from Gordon. Recruit Valeria instead of Kasumi,and speak to Anita in Banner (65 recs)
- Now you'll have level 3 castle,and the Blinking Mirror. Once you get in your HQ,go back to Merc. Fort to recruit Templton,Matilda Path to recruit Badeux,in Forest Village to get Ayda & Feather,and Connell,in Ryube to get Tomo,in Lakewest to get Hix and Tengaar,and complete their quest,and Yuzu in Kobold's Village (74 recs)
- After defeating Luca,go to Kuskus to get Karen,and in Radat to get Hoi,Lebrante and Simone (78 recs)
- During your stay in Tinto get Raura,visit Crom to get Long Chan-chan and Tenkou,and Tinto Mines to get Abizboah (82 recs) (Note: Don't escape from Tinto,so you'll save time.)
-After making an alliance with Tinto,make sure to accept Jess' apologize. Now go back to the Mountain Path to get Georg,visit Two River to get Bob and visit South Window to get Max,Anallee,Gantetsu and Killey (96 recs)
-Now after liberating Greenhill get Pico,Jude,Tessai,and Alberto (100 recs)
-Your castle now is level 4. Go recruit Pesmerga,Mazus,Vincent and Genshu. Then go back to Banner village,enter Rokkaku to get Sasuke and Mondo,and then go to Gregminster to get Lorelai and Gordon (make sure to trade the Ancient Texts in Kobold Village to Forest Village firstly,and have the one Celadon Urn from before,to give it back to him. Its price will be increased) (108 recs)

Hope you found it helpful....if you disagree on some points,please add your own ideas. :)
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:Mh I always thought that Anita is taking a lot more time. Is it random or is the time frame in which you must talk to her just very narrow?

I don't know,if she is recruitable in Muse. I think she can only be recruited,in Banner Village. I spoke to her over 30 times in Muse,but she didn't join....but on the other hand in Banner Village i spoke to her once (without Valeria),and she joined.
Well, you need to leave the city first to reset her request. This website state this... The only cons if you recruit her in Muse is her initial level will be low and IIRC Anita can suffer lv 99 glitch if you recruit her on Banner...

And for recruitments, I can look this for testing first so thanks anyway ^_^

here is my own details for recruits so far:

Kyaro: Mukumuku and Nanami (3/108)
After escape Kyaro to MF assault: everyone (11/108)
Matilda glitch: Futch and Humphrey (13/108)
Muse: Tuta, Anita, Gilbert (16/108)
Now for Matilda glitch exploit, after Jowy's betrayal but before you meet circus trio you can use Matilda glitch for going to Two River abnormally causing you can recruit 5 characters before their actual time: Hans, Taki, Tetsu, Oulan, Templton (21/108)
Everyone on south window arc (27/108)
Everyone when you got your castle (33/108)
Before going to Two River: Tai ho, Yam koo, Clive, Adlai (37/108)

Then I guess I'll hold recruits for a while...

Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

veeshadow wrote:
Well, you need to leave the city first to reset her request. This website state this... The only cons if you recruit her in Muse is her initial level will be low and IIRC Anita can suffer lv 99 glitch if you recruit her on Banner...

And for recruitments, I can look this for testing first so thanks anyway ^_^

here is my own details for recruits so far:

Kyaro: Mukumuku and Nanami (3/108)
After escape Kyaro to MF assault: everyone (11/108)
Matilda glitch: Futch and Humphrey (13/108)
Muse: Tuta, Anita, Gilbert (16/108)
Now for Matilda glitch exploit, after Jowy's betrayal but before you meet circus trio you can use Matilda glitch for going to Two River abnormally causing you can recruit 5 characters before their actual time: Hans, Taki, Tetsu, Oulan, Templton (21/108)
Everyone on south window arc (27/108)
Everyone when you got your castle (33/108)
Before going to Two River: Tai ho, Yam koo, Clive, Adlai (37/108)

Then I guess I'll hold recruits for a while...

Pretty good. How much time did you spend up to this point?

Actually you can go to Matilda once you returned from Kyaro,but it would be very difficult to beat Harpy.

Templton can be recruited under normal circumstances whilst you are staying in Muse.Btw,i read in the guide,that Long Chan Chan can be recruited via Matilda Glitch,whilst he is in Matilda,but in order to recruit Wakaba your HQ must be level 2. During the time that you can use Matilda Glitch you have no HQ...so how he could be recruited?
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

You can't recruit L.C.Chan until Luca Blight battle, even on normal gameplay if you're going to Rockaxe on Camus and Miklotov recruitment mission L.C.Chan is there but if you bring Wakaba he's gone... The only glitched recruitment for him is when Jowy invite you to Muse for fake peace conference..

my time is 5.21 on two river arc, Clive's recruitment. Personally I think this is way really improved time. My playlist that's not on Clive's quest is on 6 hours before and while I rush the game I can view Clive's ending+Forgiver Sign+True ending on 19.50. So if I can do everything fast this really possible to do leftovers like Squirrels and McDohl mission. Things that I missed on previous playthrough are dropped items and incomplete castle stuffs (old book, seed, etc)..

one of hell-ish moment for Rakutei Mountain is Jowy's level leap. If you don't know you can encounter 6 enemies in this area, defeat them with only Jowy alive on lv 18-20 he will leap to lv 78-80. But really it's really hard to do, I wasted so many resets until it's done. But this hard section will paid for Harpy and items hunting for Turtle Plans and Black Urn. Jowy has 3 MP for Hungry Friend and Buddy ATK one shot Spiker (monster that drop Black Urn). Harpy will guaranteed to defeated for 4 turns with certain strategy, unless you're unlucky when Riou use Battle Oath, no one get berserk.

I can't tell the strategy for now, since I need to write what runes/equips used. The basic idea is Revenge Earth and Canopy Defense FTW...

veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Continued from here: Pilika event should be there now. After agree her request, save game and I'm gonna do Matilda glitch for first time but not meet Futch and Humphrey. Okay I already said Matilda glitch is arguable, every opinions have pros and cons.. At least this is not cheat dude...

- Make a save on Highway Village, but don't talk to Humphrey yet.
- Get all treasures on Matilda region (Dragon Armor, Guard Ring, Violence Rune on Rockaxe, Mega Medicine)
- On Matilda forest, You need to get a battle with ONLY Hollyboy group inside (without Papaholly). This enemy group will give you high exp and easy to beat. When you get them, use Buddy ATK and Loyal Dog ATK then anyone else attack normally. Win this battle and you get huge level up (my party going from lv 7 to 13, yeah).
- Exit south to Greenhill region, pick treasures on Greenhill and Forest Village (Recipe #20, Old Book vol. 5 and 6).
- Attach Runes at Greenhill. Believe it or not, it's free (0 potch)
- Back to Coronet and pick Recipe #5.
- This detour may seems waste time, but my purpose is when you walk on world maps you can encounter Sickle that can drop Gale rune. So instead you fight repeatedly and bored fights, add this detour to make it less boring although you still need to reset if takes too much time (at this point, my time is 1.17)
- After this detour finished, time to buy gift for Pilika and continue story.