About Lazlo and Queendom of Falena

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
RevKoden

About Lazlo and Queendom of Falena

Post by RevKoden »

Lazlo: It seems like everyone in Island nations just forget everything about lazlo, i wonder why, too bad that suikoden v didnt give a loading of the perfect game of suikoden iv/suikoden tactics, so we can wonder why lazlo seems to have forgotten during Falenan civil war. Because IIRC, the rune of punishment has entered it's forgiveness phase and thus didnt drain lazlo life away, in a sense it already became a true rune, and a true rune bearer is immortal...

ABout queendom of falena: Is the queendom of falena like destroyed? I mean considering that if VIki travel from S3 ->S4 that means during year 475, The falena queendom might have fallen, if you considers Viki's talking about it during her first meeting with the prince....it still bugging me...
Antimatzist

Re: About Lazlo and Queendom of Falena

Post by Antimatzist »

1. It is somewhat implied that he might be successor of Lino (they have a chat in Tactics and Lino says something along these lines) as king of obel and maybe president of the federation. He is not forgotten, I think Bernadette refers to him in Suikoden V. There are ~140 years between Suioden Tactics and V so it is clear that he isn't talked about so much - he is history.

2. You don't know to which time she compares the present. Maybe she has seen Falena 200 years in the future and it doesn't exist there. I think it still exists during the time of Suikoden II and we don't know about the time after that. Viki is often talking in mysteries, iirc she makes a similar statement in the first Suikoden.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I really wished that SV would have had something extra carried over from SIV. It would have been cool to find Lazlo still alive after 140 years wander the seas, or even a reference of some sort, but we got nothing. The only excuse I can come up with is that the Island Liberation War was so long ago by the time SV happens, no one talks about him or even really remembers his name, other than scholars. As for his whereabouts in the SV time period, who knows.

As for Falena being destroyed, I don't think so. At the end of SV, we Lymsleia as a young queen and the nation entering a new era of prosperity. It's safe to assume that Falena would experience several years or decades of peace following the ending of SV. Of course, that just my speculation. They could have easily been thrown into another war with New Armes or some other nation during timelines of the other games.
PSN: FreshMetal80
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

In Cathari's ending it states that 'The northern states would not meddle with Falena for decades to come.' So i guess it is still there. I wonder what happened when Harmonia did decide to meddle with Falena...?
RevKoden

Post by RevKoden »

killerslime wrote:In Cathari's ending it states that 'The northern states would not meddle with Falena for decades to come.' So i guess it is still there. I wonder what happened when Harmonia did decide to meddle with Falena...?
Hmm...that makes me wonder too if during suikoden 3 after/before, Harmonia meddle or attack falena...i mean falena has a true rune you know...and AFAIK Harmonia's purpose is to gather every true rune...who knows Lazlo might be attacked by Harmonia and lost his RoP, that's why he is forgotten....Harmonia likes to meddle with other country especially those with a trune rune, it's like this ou know let's see:
FOr example, Falena is a country that has many golds in it....Of course we all know golds right?So it self-explainable....Harmonia wants the gold but didnt have it from his own land....so he always having a gold trading with falena, but of course to harmonia it isnt enough they WANT MORE, so they decided to attack falena for all the gold they have....
There is ONE better analogy for this but it's rude and i might getting banned here...
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You have to remember that Harmonia is a the other end of the world so they can't just openly attack Falena. Harmonia has lost a lot of its influence by the time of Suikoden III and we still dont know what Harmonias real goals are.

A Lazlo in SV would have been cool, like the Tir sidequest and you can always pick him up at Nirva.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

His equivalent of McDohl's sidequest already happened in Rhapsodia though.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

patapi wrote:His equivalent of McDohl's sidequest already happened in Rhapsodia though.
Which wasn't half as cool as McDohls quest though, mo
Belle

Post by Belle »

Antimatzist wrote: Which wasn't half as cool as McDohls quest though, mo
To be honest, I wasn't exactly turned on by McDohl's sidequest. The so-called reunion scenes were a bit of a joke, Kasumi got burned, and McDohl still being the silent hero seemed unnecessary (especially when he had dialogue at other times). Oddly, I did like the one-sided exchange between McDohl and President Lepant. And I suppose it was worth doing just to see Gremio (and Pahn) again.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I could have totally seen Lazlo just chilling in the back of the Lino en Kuldes boat when it pulled into port. However, having the Dawn, Twilight, Star, AND Rune of Punishment in one team seems like overkill
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Don't really see what's so special with the Dawn and Twilight rune, was expecting more from those two.
JanusThePaladin

Really? Why? They're not true Runes, just balancers. Ever lift weights? I see them as the little things you put on the end of the weight to keep it from falling off and hurting you while you're lifting. Useful, necessary, but not heavy. The Dawn And Twilight are the same, useful and necessary, but not super impressive. Honestly, I think the only really POWERFUL rune we ever see in use is the Soul Eater.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

And RoP in Tactics. I mean this rune is total overkill in this game.

And superweak in IV.
JanusThePaladin

Was the RoP really that much weaker? I thought it was just the almost complete inaccuracy and change in gameplay mechanics that made it a pain. Still liked using Lazlo in tactics tho...
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Really? Why? They're not true Runes, just balancers. Ever lift weights? I see them as the little things you put on the end of the weight to keep it from falling off and hurting you while you're lifting. Useful, necessary, but not heavy. The Dawn And Twilight are the same, useful and necessary, but not super impressive. Honestly, I think the only really POWERFUL rune we ever see in use is the Soul Eater.
That depends, the Sun rune seems rather powerful, all that stuff that's done to Lordlake, Ferid etc etc. Then we have the stories of the True Fire rune, whilst we don't stand witness to it's effects ourselves, we do hear the stories.

I was just expecting more in terms of power, effectiveness from the pair, I personally found Suikoden V rather weak in the whole usable runes aspect.