Hugo's Father

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Jimba666

Re: Hugo's Father

Post by Jimba666 »

I believe Lucia and Jowy Atreidis had an affair while she was working for him during the Dunan Conflict

They have the same face and EYES! seriously look at the two.
JOWY IS HUGO's FATHER!!!

either jowy or that giant turtle Genoh from S5.. those are the only two answers i will consider. shh! let me dream...
avenger

Post by avenger »

hugo's dad was a great Karayan ruler no? so it is impossible for Beechum to be his dad.
Beechum was probably in that suikoden 2 army unit as a local friend to Lucia.

joey was not a karayan ruler so he ain't hugo's dad.
solon jhee no way. he didn't have anything to do with karaya. again no way dad to hugo.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Nope Hugo's dad was a common solider.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

i wonder why solon jhee should be killed..he's so cool lol

out of topic hahaha
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

avenger wrote:hugo's dad was a great Karayan ruler no? so it is impossible for Beechum to be his dad.
Beechum was probably in that suikoden 2 army unit as a local friend to Lucia.

joey was not a karayan ruler so he ain't hugo's dad.
solon jhee no way. he didn't have anything to do with karaya. again no way dad to hugo.
Hugo's dad isn't even Karayan. Unless Konami have gone back on this, they stated he's someone we'd already met. Bearing in mind we'd met no Karayans other than Lucia and nameless soldiers (and Beechum is mentioned but never introduced) prior to Suikoden 3 this would make it impossible for Hugo's dad to even be Karayan.
avenger

Post by avenger »

but didn't Lucia say to hugo, your father was the chief of karaya? and may you follow in his footsteps? correct me if i'm wrong.
Vermillion.Haze

Post by Vermillion.Haze »

It's either Shin or Viktor given the evidence. Georg Prime would be neat but it's baseless. Viktor seems like a solid pick since he's vulnerable due to Anabelles death and Lucia could have seduced him to escape. Plus Viktor is a big hulking warrior type with a beserker fighting style. Which is what I imagine Lucia's dream-guy to be like. Someone who can beat her in a fight. Also after her "Escape" you can talk to Viktor in the war room. He says "That was close last night...but that woman" possibly a hint that he was attracted to her.
Last edited by Vermillion.Haze on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vermillion.Haze

Post by Vermillion.Haze »

avenger wrote:but didn't Lucia say to hugo, your father was the chief of karaya? and may you follow in his footsteps? correct me if i'm wrong.
Hugo's grandfather Kianu was the chief that was murdered by Teresa's father. After that Lucia became the chief, allied with highland and got pregnant and had Hugo after the war.
Kobebrant

Post by Kobebrant »

Nope Hugo's dad was a common solider.
True Griever

Post by True Griever »

It could even be culgan.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Hugo looks more like Seed to me but you could be on to something.
RevKoden

Post by RevKoden »

I think hugo's daddy might be luca blight, because Hugo's hair colot has a black markings...but..im not sure, about eye color...what is lUca blight's eye color again, and lucia's eye color?
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Lucia's eyes are blue unlike Hugo's green eyes, Luca's eyes just look black to me in every picture i can find. I'd say Leon has a better chance of being Hugo's dad than Luca considering Lucia and the Karaya clan don't appear until after Luca is killed if my memory serves me correctly.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Lucia tells Hugo that she hopes he groes up to be a "great man" like his father. I doubt she would call Luca Blight a great man. And I thought I remembered reading an interview with Murayama that said the dark tips of Hugo's hair come from his father. The only named Highland warriors we know about are Luca (not a chance Lucia would sleep with him ... and he was dead before she shows up), Agares (who is als odead when Lucia appears), Leon Silverberg, and (my personal choice for Hugo's father) Han Cunningham. Culgan, Seed, and Jowy all have the wrong hair color, Solon Jhee did as well but he was also dead when Lucia came around. Kiba and Klaus has defected before Lucia appears. Yuber is right out. I doubt it's anyone on Riou's side. So that leaves Sasarai as another option, but that's also pretty far fetched since he was 16 at the time and Grasslanders like Lucia have little love for Harmonians. And besides, Luc blew him away before she arrives anyway. I still think it's Han.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

There's nothing stating that the man was from Highland, or allied with Highland. As suggested by others, even members of Riou's army are possible. I don't think Hugo's blue-green eyes were intended as a clue, but it was mentioned that the black part of his hair was from his father.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE