NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Punkaiser

Re: NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by Punkaiser »

hah, sorry, didn't realize that. Could you move the posts where things begin to go wrong to the appropriate topic? Then we could still go on with this off the beaten track.
kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 »

just saw the intro of the game and it looks neat, again i dont like that the character talk.

How much time konami plans to deprive us of this game.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Considering how this game has been out for nearly two months with no foreign release date, don't expect it to come out over here and if it does, not any time soon. Tierkreis had English screenshots out before the game came out in Japan, while this game has almost exclusively been promoted and discussed by Konami in Japan.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I won't give up hope for this game to come to the West until Konami officially says "no". Both Inazuma Eleven 1 and II came to Europe 3 years after their initial Japan release. Ok, it's a different publisher etc, but I don't see why Konami shouldn't invest some money for an English localization and release it via PSN at least. It really makes little sense.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Antimatzist wrote:I won't give up hope for this game to come to the West until Konami officially says "no". Both Inazuma Eleven 1 and II came to Europe 3 years after their initial Japan release. Ok, it's a different publisher etc, but I don't see why Konami shouldn't invest some money for an English localization and release it via PSN at least. It really makes little sense.
Totaly. Konami really seems to have little faith at all in the Suikoden series as a brand over seas. And with the series seemingly branching off in ''new directions'' it seems they have little faith in the brand as a whole. I can only hope we see some positive developments in the coming future. I will still strive to see this happen.
kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 »

the game can still come as long we the fans continue talking about the game, there isnt a official konami forum where we can ask Konami to bring this game?
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I admire your optimisim.There are many of us who have banded together in order to let Konami hear our collective voice. Many emails, facebooks/twitter posts and even some letters have been sent to Konami throughout this process.

You may want to read things here:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 36&t=12219

I know its a lengthly read but you dont exactly need to read it all in one sitting. Also, these threads may be of interest :)

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 36&t=12383

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 36&t=12812
kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 »

With kickstarters seemengly to fare well (Except the Class of Heroes 2 from Victor Ireland), why dont someone suggest to Konami to make a Suikoden psp kickstarter, i think suikoden is known enough to warrant a succes and if not we can invade forums shaking awareness of this awesome series.

And i that im playing 5, consider this series a great one, thats magic..
radynaraya

Post by radynaraya »

Today, i would like to share something interesting regarding my play of Suikoden Tsumuji. Its fun when i played it. Full voices acting and these makes every character have a personality, i can imagine, if every 108 (well, not exactly 108 because there are some dead SOD) have these, it just WOW. By the way i love how seiyuu voices every Tsumuji character here. And what? Thats why the gameplay is only that. No war and no world exploring and no town exporing, its because all the capabilty is totally used on making every character alive! The 3D style games on the limited hardware capability too, contributed to why the games is only these. I love these style of games but I hope that Konami can make a vast world and vast gameplay again like Suikoden 5 or 2 . ^^ I Love Osamu who bring Gensou Suikoden Series a chance to alive in Konami.
Luke

Post by Luke »

wrong thread, my apologies
Author

Post by Author »

I came back here for some business but then I saw this thread had 999, and was like OMG I NEED TO BE THE 1,000th so here I am.

To be of actual contribution and prevent deletion for accusation of spam (which had been my sole intention), I don't like the art style of the game :c It's beautiful and all, seems all fancy-like but it reminds me so much of Tales. It looks flatter than the depth it had in the previous games. I'm no expert at judging art but it looks like the quality is run of the mill. Maybe it's the animation...
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

lol I would 'like' your comment if I could :P