[Dead] Suikoden Game for RMXP

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Jack of All Trades

Re: [Dead] Suikoden Game for RMXP

Post by Jack of All Trades »

We're going to play this one close to the chest for awhile. We'll see what happens.
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

so it's been months and no one has made a move with this project. if anyone did any work for this that they think could be used in future projects please send me a pm. i would like to see what we have as a community that could be put towards future projects. i may start a new project or revive one of my old projects this summer when i have free time. i've been itching to program something fun and suikoden related.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I sent the word round a little bit for you guys but I guess nothing came of it yet
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

I say we face the facts. Even if 1 or 2 people stick with the project like I tried to do, it just doesn't work unless eveyone is in it for the long haul. Which, just does not happen. I think if anyone wants this project done they're gnna have to do it all by themself.
Sorry to be the crusher of hopes haha. But I don't think this project is going anywhere until people are getting paid to do it so they dont feel like quitting.
Long live Suikoden!
Dragoramzi

Post by Dragoramzi »

Haha, sorry for the inactivity here. I've had to take over writing story and based on what we have so far we will be following a different protagonist. Never realized how much side story a suikoden game really has, without getting into different character arcs the main plot is massive :/

Anywho, we are making slow forward progress, we are just trying to get this biggest beast out of the way right now: The Story. From there we will make final decisions on what exact we are going to use to make the game, RMXP is still looking like the best... But we have some other tools up our sleeves. I myself have been distracted and doing research trying to get all of the information to try to not step on peoples memories of specific characters or story aspects.

Cheers!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think if you focus on just a small segment using all the game elements like dialogue, maps, party system, castle system, and battle systems and work on refining that small section, it will become smooth sailing for the rest!
Dragoramzi

Post by Dragoramzi »

That is what I am currently smashing out, working on a story as time goes by don't hold your breath on a release soon but I am working on a general plot and party system right now. Co
Dragoramzi

Post by Dragoramzi »

Suikoden games are massive in scale and quite an epic task for now since life has been hectic I'll be piecing it together as I go. So really don't hold your breath on something soon but I will eventually get this project off the ground like the dead river fish that it is.
Dragoramzi

Post by Dragoramzi »

Was curious if any of the project members were still lurking around here?
Jack of All Trades

I lurk on occasion
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

Yeah I still get notifications for this thread sometimes.
Long live Suikoden!
Jack of All Trades

I'm not sure if you are interested or not but here goes. As it stands currently we have a well developed plot outline and all of the major characters have been created. The project is closer to a Suikoden VI than anything else at this point as it takes place in Harmonia and follows Suikoden III by 10 years I believe. What the project needs to move forward is sprite work, script work, and either an interested programmer, or someone who can write scripts for one of the rpg maker games. I would write the script but my daughter was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and my son appears to have it as well. So, they take up most of my time.
grimathemad

Post by grimathemad »

I recently got a license for RMVX ace and RGSS seems to have come a ways since RMXP, I think I still have some of the old resources on an external hdd somewhere. Sorry I disappeared before, I had some serious personal stuff come up.
Jack of All Trades

Who is this exactly? What resources do you have? Do we know you by a different name?