NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Xelinis

Re: NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by Xelinis »

kratoscar2008 wrote:The outfit he uses after fleeing from the Sun castle looks awesome in him, kind of seem like a Martial artist and given his abilities with the nunchuck it suits him well.
Uuuuhhhhhhhh, have you by any chance played the other Suikoden games, or just V?
kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 »

Xelinis wrote:
kratoscar2008 wrote:The outfit he uses after fleeing from the Sun castle looks awesome in him, kind of seem like a Martial artist and given his abilities with the nunchuck it suits him well.
Uuuuhhhhhhhh, have you by any chance played the other Suikoden games, or just V?
Just 5 im new in Suikoden in General, i heard of the series for around 3 years and after seeing some good things here in the forums i decided to give it a Go, little did i know that was both Hard to find and one of the best in the series.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

kratoscar2008 wrote:
Xelinis wrote:
Just 5 im new in Suikoden in General, i heard of the series for around 3 years and after seeing some good things here in the forums i decided to give it a Go, little did i know that was both Hard to find and one of the best in the series.
V is good, but I personally consider it one of the lesser games in the series. The first game is on PSN, give it a go. That outfit the Prince is wearing when he flees the castle is actually an homage to the first game's hero, Tir McDohl.

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

They're all really, really good. My personal favorite is III, but I enjoyed all the games, especially those in the main series.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

2 is widely considered to be the best game in the series and 4 the worst(of the main 5) but i agree with rachael, they are all good games. i think part of what makes 2 great is how it builds off of the original so i think it's important to play them in order. i actually like 3 the least because of some of the sweeping changes in gameplay and mechanics that it adopted and the direction it took the storyline. it just didn't feel like a smooth advancement of the series in my mind. i know that a lot of people consider 3 to be a great game as a standalone though, and maybe that's why so many people prefer it over some of the others.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Which is why this new Suikoden should have been closer to the first three, not further away.
kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 »

So in order of quality, what games are better?
damican

Post by damican »

5 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 4
kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 »

damican wrote:5 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 4
good 5 is one of the best so it was a good buy in the end.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

You can't really ask someone else what game they find to be best, because they might not have the same opinion as you.

But, if you're asking what seems to be the most popular one, I'd guess the ranking would go like Suikoden II>I>III>V>IV
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

II > I = III > V > IV

Despite that ranking, III is the one that I keep coming back to the most. Despite it's minor flaws, the final product was still a fantastic game and I really feel like it represented the general direction Suikoden should have gone in.

And of course, Suikoden I is just a classic that every RPG fan owes to themselves to play.
damican

Post by damican »

The more I play Suiko 1 the less I like it. 1 rune slot, not a very good translation, enjoyed the evolved mechanics of the other games in the series faaaar more.

5 and 2 are almost a tie for me, but 5 pulls ahead due to it being like 30 hours longer and having a bit more to do lol.

I will say I replay 3 and 5 a lot. Used to replay 2 a ton but after my tenth playthrough I just cant do it anymore. Still really enjoy playing through 3, I love the story in it. 5 just has so much character to it that I love it too.

4 has elenor and snow! Let me just off myself now.
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

community consensus is that 2 is the best and 4 is the worst. there is some debate about the ordering of the next three. if you could eliminate nostalgia from the equation i would bet that the order would be 2 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 4 but that's purely speculation. although it's a fun little exercise to try to rank the games, they are all incredible games (i have more fun replaying 4 than some of the others), and very worthy of an ordered playthrough.

edit: just to show my lack of bias, my personal ordering would probably be 2>1>4>5>3 (yes despite the many issues with 4) but i probably change the order every time i think about it.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Depends on which aspect we were expecting from the games so our judgements could be different since we were giving different coefficients to a certain domain. Speak for myself, since i love games with good character builds, so gameplay is way too important to me, much more than story plot or anything else, then i'd rate S3 at top then S5 as second while S1, S4 would be at bottom. But of course I could understand why the others usually call S2 the best for its decent gameplay but great story.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Suddenly this is not even about Tsumuji anymore? Please do not go off-topic.