108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
patapi
Forum Moderator

108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Post by patapi »

Finally, Google found me a complete collection of images of Tsumuji's 108 Stars in one single view. Hopefully you will find these useful.

Since publishing the whole list requires including recruitment spoilers, this topic will be separate from the general Characters one. So, if you are anti-spoilers of any extent, consider yourselves warned.

Also, these screenshots are how the Stars appear when you view them on the Stone Tablet. As mentioned in the other topic, those without photos are actually deceased recruits who pass on their skills to your army without meeting you personally, hence they get no character artwork.

36 Heavenly Stars

72 Earthly Stars

(Credits to Jack_frost)
shaolin_swordsman

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Post by shaolin_swordsman »

Awesome thanks. Can you confirm which ones are actually playable then? Is it all of the stars of heaven who have a portrait?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The [18] characters available for the party are:
patapi wrote:Image
Everyone is playable here, except for the leftmost Scale Horde guy on the second row. And the lady on the bottom right.
The latter two run the armoury.
[10]
First row: first and second from the left
Second row: second and fourth from the left
Final row: the rightmost guy (Janssen, Bard)
[5]
First and second row: second from the left
Final row: the leftmost Feather Tribe girl (Meamei, Bard)
[3]

The others are meant for your HQ facilities.
radynaraya

Post by radynaraya »

haha. this :lol: screenshoot is from my country forum and of course, i am the one who asked it to my friend to take the screenshot. :lol: Its like OMG! when you create this thread. :lol:
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Is the first one on the top left dressed in blue, is his name really MCDOHL? or?
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You mean the Tenkai Star, the hero that you get to name yourself?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
bonbon

Post by bonbon »

do you know which characters took over Millie, Meg and Viki's stars? (chiku, chikei and chitatsu)

and...
only 18 playable characters?!?!?!
Silfan

Post by Silfan »

I compile into excel how to recruit the characters chronologically:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xhd6ufzw1bc8bm4

Since my Japanese is not really good, several names might be incorrect. My kanji is very limited -> I don't really know if character skills have any side effect (lower def, lower atk, etc.), so I just list them as damage to all or single target. Will update the list as I play the game.
Note: Highlighted characters are those who can be in your battle party

ETA: At last I finish recruiting all characters .... The last character is definitely a pain to recruit.
I would probably do some editing of names, update some skill I haven't found translation yet, etc.
ETA2: Finished my "editing". I hope not too many translation error. Still missing translation of skills for some smiths and cooks. Not really important I guess, so this will be my final version :)
Last edited by Silfan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

bonbon wrote:only 18 playable characters?!?!?!
Yes. And this is my number-one complaint in this game. Actually, I didn't even know the total number was that small--I never bothered to calculate it.

Trying out different teams was my favorite part of the Suikoden series, and such a limited number of playable characters takes a huge chunk out of its replay value. Heck, even Tactics had more playable characters than this.

It wasn't like I expected a masterpiece, but I guess now I know how fans of the main series felt when they played Tierkreis.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
bonbon

Post by bonbon »

I know right! its so fun to experiment with different characters.

yeah tactics has more playable characters though there is a very very big empty space in tactics (no Viki)

but this new Suikoden has neither Viki nor Jeane which makes me really really sad.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

tha's funny, in S4 and tierkreis we have 70+ combat characters and they just allow us to form a party of 4, this new game got 18 playable chars and we have 6 slots in battle?
ricy22

Post by ricy22 »

anyone have a guild or walktrough this game..??
im really2 confuse with char in this game...is so hard to get it..
coz i read a silfan guild "how to get char" but if we dont know a original name(at japan word) is so confused...hahaha
tq...
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Can you post scans or something? If the characters aren't too small or blurry, I can probably figure it out.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I'm sure those who ragged on Suikoden for having too many playable characters would enjoy the major cut? It's an unfortunate loss otherwise, but even at such a low number by Suikoden standards, it's still higher than the common average total recruits for roleplaying titles in general?
bonbon wrote:do you know which characters took over Millie, Meg and Viki's stars? (chiku, chikei and chitatsu)

If you are wondering about star assignments, you can cross-reference with an English listing (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/108_Stars_ ... uikoden%29), as the ordering of these screenshots are from left to right, then top to bottom. For example, from the top:
- Tenkai is the main character (named MCDOHL here, no comment)
- Tengou is to his right. The Scale Horde leader, Jagwan
- Next is Tenki, Regius
- And the row ends with Tenkan, Zephon
- So on and so forth

On Chiku/Chikei/Chitatsu, as they are all Chi/Earthly stars, they are not playable in Tsumuji.

Chiku is チャムジン. Top row, third from left. Teaches medicine recipe

Chikei is ルージン. Bottom row, leftmost. Teaches ring recipe

Viki's star is taken up by a deceased character, カウリヤ.
Like the rest of the deceased recruits, there's no artwork. Teaches hexer skill
ricy22

Post by ricy22 »

maybe i just want walktrough anyone have??
maybe can share with me..^^