[FAQ] Treasure Hunting Locations: random in specific island

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
mpieco

[FAQ] Treasure Hunting Locations: random in specific island

Post by mpieco »

Hello all,

I've been looking around for a very specific type of guide, and I do not think it is in existence, and would very much appreciate people's help in putting it together.

I have seen a guide that gives you a rough idea of where each treasure map is (island name, for example), but it does not give you a SPECIFIC location on that island. Does anyone know if a guide like that exists? If so, where? If not, who wants to start putting one together?

I think Suikoden 4 is the game that gets the least written about it, just because not as many people like it. There are tons of guides for 1/2, and there is so much customization possible in 5 that it has a lot of guides. And with the trinity system and so much variety in 3, there are a lot of guides.

But 4 is relatively guideless. Help?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Treasure Hunting Locations?

Post by KFCrispy »

the reason no guide exists is because for every playthrough, the specific location is RANDOM. it should have been mentioned in any guide listing the general location....
mpieco

Re: [FAQ] Treasure Hunting Locations: random in specific isl

Post by mpieco »

Ah, well that's good to know. Haha. No wonder nobody ever made a guide like that one I'm asking about! Oops.

Is that location really THAT random, or is there like a cycle it goes through (much like the arrangements of chests/digs in the Elemental Chambers in Tactics)?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It is not completely random. Each treasure map has 1-5 possible locations for the treasure to show up. There are five locations in total, which are:
  • Donut Island
  • Limestone Shelf Island
  • Mordo Island
  • Mountain Mass Island - Beach
  • Mountain Mass Island - Mountains
For example, the Flowing Orb, given by the Treasure Map #4 can be found on Donut Island, Limestone Shelf Island or Mountain Mass Island on the beach. But it will never ever appear on Mordo Island or within the mountains of Mountain Mass Island. The Rage Orb, given by Treasure Map #1, on the other hand will always be on Donut Island.

The specific location is random as well. Most certainly there is a pool of possible locations. But I do not know how they are distrubuted among the maps.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

that's the fun in treasure hunting, why would you want to create a guide about it?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

http://www.gamestracker.com/cheats-6109 ... ations.htm

This is a list,where you can find in which place each treasure map is....be careful of treasure maps #12 & #23,because they are missable. :)