Half-humans

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
DoReMi_Vampire

Half-humans

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Some time ago, in the Unjustified Theories forum, Vermillion.Twilight suggested a theory which stated that Kyril could be Pesmerga. The theory was mostly based upon some of the similarities between the two characters. This theory was quickly put down since most people thought it was too far-fetched and nothing but wishful thinking.
However, I think this theory might hold some potential to explain certain other questions. Bear in mind, the following will discuss possibilities, I'm not trying to establish anything as a fact. So please be gentle with me.

Let's ignore the whole Kyril=Pesmerga part. There's no evidence that connects Kyril with Pesmerga nor Yuber, so let's just look at what we actually do know and compare the facts.

1. Yuber and Pesmerga have some connections to the World of Emptiness.
2. They're both ageless.
3. They're not human yet they walk around the suiko-world in human form.

1. Kyril's mother was a native from the World of Emptiness.
2. He's ageless.
3. He's half-human, therefor he can survive in both the suiko-world and the World of Emptiness while in human form.

While Kyril probably doesn't have any personal connection to our favorite black knights, could these three at least have similar, if not exactly the same origins?
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
DoReMi_Vampire

Re: Half-humans

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

A forth and final argument I'd like to bring up are the eye-colors. For the most part Suikoden's human characters all have realistic eye- and hair-colors. Kyril on the other hand has yellow eyes, much like his mother Yohn. The only other one with yellow eyes that I know, or rather one yellow eye, is Yuber.

So what do you guys think? If a future Suikoden-title revealed that Yuber and Pesmerga are descendants of the goat-people would that sound plausible to you?

EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Yuber doesn't have a yellow eye. One is red, the other a bluish silver.

Interesting theory, but I don't agree with what most people believe about Yuber. I'm sure I've posted a rant about this somewhere here so I won't go into much detail. I just don't see any tangible evidence pointing to Yuber being anything other than a human who has had his Rune for centuries, causing him to "lose his humanity" and give off a powerful aura. Pesmerga would be the same, just having fought in Tenkais' armies opposite Yuber has given him a "good guy" label instead.

Although if their origins were actually revealed in a future installment and shot my theory to hell, I would much rather they be goat people than demons. That would be far more interesting than what's commonly assumed. And who knows? Maybe goat people don't just have yellow eyes lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

EstrangedIX wrote:I just don't see any tangible evidence pointing to Yuber being anything other than a human who has had his Rune for centuries
The official site said "Whatever he is, it isn't human".
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Thanks, I never knew there was an official statement about that, as it was never brought up in an actual game (aside from things said by characters not unlike how they spoke of Luca Blight).

But considering that Konami seems to think of the main series as an aspect of the Infinity crap I can't say that official statements mean much to me. No offense intended, but because of this I only stick with what has been shown in the games already. I can just see Yuber showing up in an Infinity title with Konami going "see, we told you the worlds were connected!"

Needless to say, I'm not as optimistic as some over the new announcement, but I don't want to go on about that here.

As per topic... If Yuber is indeed other than human (as Konami apparently stated outside of the games), I see no problem with him and Pesmerga being goat people.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

EstrangedIX wrote:Yuber doesn't have a yellow eye. One is red, the other a bluish silver.
I've rechecked to see what his eye-colors are. The picture I based my argument on clearly shows him with a red and yellow eye. The art that can be found on most other sites shows him with a red and blue eye, these are as far as I can see just fan-art though. Then I checked a Let's play of SIII and it looks like he's got one yellow and one blue eye this time.

I'm getting confused :?
Can anyone tell me, 100%, without the shadow of a doubt, which colors his eyes are?

EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this, real world has been keeping me too busy to get in much game time. I looked around for screen shots but none were clear enough, so I popped in the game to just give it a closer look. At least on my TV, his eyes are reddish orange and pale blue grey. I tried taking pictures but the colors didn't match what was on screen. His hair almost looked orange lol and his bluish eye looked just grey (I don't use my camera much, not sure which light setting is best for taking pics of TV). Hope this helps.
Juan

Post by Juan »

How about Jeane and Simeon? Are they both from the World of Emptiness like Kyril because they both ageless too.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

The possibility exists, that's much is for certain. The only way to know for sure is by pushing them into the World of Emptiness and see if they turn into fish or not.

Heptade

Post by Heptade »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
EstrangedIX wrote:I just don't see any tangible evidence pointing to Yuber being anything other than a human who has had his Rune for centuries
The official site said "Whatever he is, it isn't human".
He isn't now. Doesn't mean he never was. Neclord is referred to as "not human", but he was human before becoming a vampire. So Yuber having once been human doesn't seem impossible to me.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Maybe he once was a peace-loving dude living in a forest, but now he likes to fight and destroy. So if you ask elves they’d say the rune made him human, a normal typical human. And if you ask humans, they don’t want to identify with him of course. So what’s the next race more cruel than humans? Seemingly none, so… he’s a demon!
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Heptade

Post by Heptade »

Well, maybe we'll know the truth 50 years from now, when some excentric game designer digs up relics of the series in the ruins of what once was Konami's HQ, and decides to resurrect the franchise, spending millions to buy the rights and finally creating Suikoden VI, using occult methods to summon the ghosts of the original team for assistance.