Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Rachael wrote:
It would be great if someone could post a Japanese translation for something along the lines of "Please make sure the new Suikoden title is released in the USA!" or something.
水滸伝の新作はアメリカ版が出るようにしてください!

Great work! Although ....it may be better to say 'worldwide' instead of 'USA'. Otherweise, if it gets released In America and not Europe (like SIII, for example) then we might just have to campaign all over again :wink:
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Yeah, it would be better to have this released globally. EU and Australia already missed out on SIII, as KC_MCDOHL stated, which was painful enough. We don't want to miss out on another game, now do we? :P
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

tiki wrote:I seriously wouldn't mind a few Tactics-like games exploring areas of the world we know have already happened, but haven't fully seen

Barbossa's war with the generals would be great to play as a Tactics game

as would the Flame Champion's war and Genkaku/Han's war

we already knew that Georg Prime killed the Queen of Falena and made it out alive thanks to Suikoden 2 and that didn't make Suikoden 5 any less meaningful

save the games with 108 characters for the main numbered games to reduce production costs dramatically and release side-story Tactics games for portable releases

what Suikoden fan wouldn't squeal at the thought of playing as Riou, Nanami, Jowy, Mukumuku (doesn't he follow them everywhere? he's even in the Tinto bad ending screen watching over you) and whoever else they might encounter on their journeys through the world of Suikoden in a Tactics game
These are fine, but I'd really like to see the series pick up where S3 left off.

Siliconera says it's a Tierkreis game. They are a reliable site. They have no reason to lie.

Simply saying it isn't and refusing to read the site doesn't mean you are right.

Also, this thread on Gaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445338

is informed by Duckroll, who has been mentioned by this site before.

His quotes: "Oh dear. Oh oh dear Konami. This is not what Suikoden fans want. Lol. This is going further and further into the ballsack of Suikoden Tactics, Suikoden 4 and Suikoden DS. The trailer going "A brand new million worlds story" is such a horrible sign. Classic Suikoden is truly dead. Lolz."

"I'm sure you will be very satisfied with the game no matter what it is. Don't let any of us put a damper on that! Nevermind that the game is specifically a million worlds story spanning the course of a hundred years. Nevermind that all the alternate world stories in Suikoden were horrible. Nevermind that Konami is aggressively shifting the series more and more towards a worldview that the original creator never intended. It's okay, it has Suikoden in the name, LET'S GET HYPE!" :D

Why would he lie? I trust his translations. It's a Tierkreis game.
NichtWahr

Post by NichtWahr »

Duckroll knows no more than we do.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

I actually heard about the news from GAF and from Duckroll, it doesn't change the fact he is basing their views on the "Million Worlds" concept. Just read some of the replies and you'll see.

Either which way it doesn't change these points:

1. There is no info aside from the details contained in this 45 second anime trailer.

2. People here and everywhere else jumped to conclusions about the phrase "Million Worlds" and the art style resembling Tierkreis only made it up in their minds.

3. It has been proved conclusively that "Million Worlds" does not point to Tierkreis. Most people, including Tiki, have accepted this. JiggleBiscuits hasn't. He's a troll.

EDIT: On another note, seeing how Duckroll admits himself that Million Worlds has always existed in Suikoverse, his comments indicate he is upset at the drift in quality in recent installments. He even references Suikoden installments outside Tierkreis! My my. Sounds like he's simply stating his opinion (albeit arrogantly)

There is no evidence there. None. Go away.
Last edited by Darkbeat on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

As far as I know, the only thing anybody really knows about the new Suikoden is what was revealed in the trailer. Which, whilst not confirming either way whether it's a Suikoden Proper or a Tierkreis 2, does put the fear in some people due to the "Million Worlds" reference. The logic, presumably, is the "Million Worlds" aspect of the game has to be relatively important to be mentioned in the trailer.

Of course, "Million Worlds" could equally be a message to new fans brought in because of Tierkreis.
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Darkbeat wrote: 3. It has been proved conclusively that "Million Worlds" does not point to Tierkreis.
Where? It has in no way been proved at all.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

By the fact both Suikoden III and Suikoden IV reference the "Million Worlds", is this not proof enough?
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
Exophase

Post by Exophase »

Where has SiliconEra called this a new Tierkreis game?
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Darkbeat wrote:By the fact both Suikoden III and Suikoden IV reference the "Million Worlds", is this not proof enough?
Everyone here has acknowledged that "Million Worlds" was not intended to be a new, separate series of non-canon games.

That also in no way proves this new game isn't a Tierkreis game.

Edit - How do you like your crow prepared? You're going to have a lot of it to eat. Hope you're hungry.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

Here's the Siliconera article;

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/17/ne ... d-for-psp/

Konami have announced a new Suikoden game for the PSP. It doesn’t appear to be related to the main series as it doesn’t have a number on it. The game is titled Genso Suikoden: The Woven Web of a Century. The game is “a new story about a hundred worlds, a hundred years later”. Here’s a trailer:

The Woven Web of a Century was announced while Konami discussed Frontier Gate at Tokyo Game Show. Last we heard, Konami hired Tri-Ace to develop that game because their Suikoden team had disbanded. Osamu Komuta, director of Suikoden Tierkreis, is the director of Frontier Gate, but we don’t know if Tri-Ace are developing both games.

I see Tierkreis is mentioned but uh...

(Seriously, JiggleBiscuits is a troll. Nobody knows anything outside the anime trailer and any mention of multiple worlds is as much Suikoden as true runes. I'm really surprised he's allowed to stifle actual debate with his same arguments)
- R' Nachman
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I believe Siliconera said it didn't look like it was part of the main series, because it didn't have a number. They might have suggested it was a Tierkreis game, but in the end, they know as much as we do.

Edit: Darkbeat clarified it
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Darkbeat wrote:(Seriously, JiggleBiscuits is a troll. Nobody knows anything outside the anime trailer and any mention of multiple worlds is as much Suikoden as true runes.
Your opinion doesn't equal fact.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:
Darkbeat wrote: 3. It has been proved conclusively that "Million Worlds" does not point to Tierkreis.
Where? It has in no way been proved at all.
Darkbeat forgot a word. Read his point 3 as "It has been proved conclusively that "Million Worlds" does not necessarily point to Tierkreis".

There's no proof this game won't be Tierkreis 2. However there is equally no proof this game will be Tierkreis 2.

Simple.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:
Darkbeat wrote:By the fact both Suikoden III and Suikoden IV reference the "Million Worlds", is this not proof enough?
Everyone here has acknowledged that "Million Worlds" was not intended to be a new, separate series of non-canon games.

That also in no way proves this new game isn't a Tierkreis game.

Edit - How do you like your crow prepared? You're going to have a lot of it to eat. Hope you're hungry.
I didn't say it wasn't a Tierkreis game, I did say it's not evidence that it is. As per above, it COULD be a Tierkreis game, but it's as likely that it is a mainline game or indeed neither.

Here's the facts:

1. We have a 45 second anime trailer.

2. It mentions that it is "Another story in the Million Worlds".

3. Suikoden has multiple worlds.

EDIT: I should point out that Duckroll's conclusions run contrary to what we already know here, vis "Konami moving aggressively away from the main Suikoden World", which is actually not the case at all. He bases it of course on Tierkreis, but I fail to see how a single game that was at some point in it's development not intended to be a Suikoden is any basis for a trend. Also KC has reported that the inside from Konami is they are seeking to be very respectful of the lore and history. This is all just recycled vitriol and knee-jerking reactionism to the trailer from over a week ago.
Last edited by Darkbeat on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
- R' Nachman