Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
JiggleBiscuits

Re: Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Darkbeat wrote:Your articles were dealt with. Million worlds doesn't point to Tierkreis. It's over. You lost.
They were not.

It's Tierkreis.

Get your head out of the sand.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

lol yeah, I wrote down a list of the end credits of all the Suikodens years ago. I should have refered to that list, come to think of it.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:
Darkbeat wrote:Your articles were dealt with. Million worlds doesn't point to Tierkreis. It's over. You lost.
They were not.

It's Tierkreis.

Get your head out of the sand.
Why are you still here? In a matter of days you've managed to turn the entire forum against you. You have posted no articles, other than your own post with your own arguments that are based on rumours produced by yourself. You have no factual information. You're irritating everybody else whilst trying to force your opinion, rant at them for disagreeing your flawed logic and insult people's intelligence. It is laughable what you're posting. Practically every active member that is currently posting has disagreed with you and still you keep on going.

Oh wait, it is because we're all wrong and you are correct. Let me just explain something to you, because thus far, you have yet to properly read a post from anybody else. What most of us, if not all of us have been saying to wait for any further announcements from Konami and/or given alternatives, such as the possibility that this might be a Suikogaiden game. However, every time somebody addresses you and points this out, you tell them they're "wrong" and say that this is a Suikoden Tierkreis 2 game and that you have proof. Fact of the matter is; you don't.

Considering you like to use the phrase: "get your head out of the sand", which I have seen you use plenty of times, which is, of course a reference to the false belief that ostriches do such a thing to hide from danger, I must point out that nobody is doing such a thing. As I said earlier, you're not reading posts. Maybe your eyes go red and foam comes out of your mouth when somebody disagrees with you, which in turn takes away your ability to make a coherent response, but I can tell you one thing; we're not hiding.

Do yourself and, mostly us a favour and read replies before venting in anger about the fact that we disagree with you.

Now, you say you have proof. I have asked you a few times now, show us that proof. You talk about links, but I have yet to see any. I'm, of course, referring to links containing factual information, not "we pretend to know" information, gossip/rumours and what have you. Direct quotes from the people working on the game. Do us a favour and show us your inside knowledge.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Konami have always moved quickly to fix issues with the series in the past.
is that why the Zodiac Sword is still the Star Dragon Sword after three Suikoden installments

and the Godspeed Rune is still the True Holy Rune after four Suikoden installments

I would think those both pretty important considering that one is a True Rune and the other isn't a True Rune but is being portrayed as one
Piisuke wrote:There's no point in arguing with these two individuals. They don't read replies, they repeat the same thing over and over. They're refusing to change attitude, I'm surprised nobody has pointed out that they might be the same person, or sit next to each other. All they do is moan, complain, rant, vent, irritate, harass and insult other members. It is shocking behaviour and definitely a bane to the Suikoden fans. They're like those Final Fantasy fanboys who refuse to accept any other game, berate any other game if it is not Final Fantasy. Don't even talk about Cloud and Sephiroth to those kind of fans, it is impossible.
can you do something besides bitch and moan endlessly about people on an internet forum

all your tears are starting to get everyone's shoes wet

if anyone here is guilty of harassment it's you with your inability to stop throwing a tantrum over people on the internet
Exophase

Post by Exophase »

tiki wrote:is that why the Zodiac Sword is still the Star Dragon Sword after three Suikoden installments

and the Godspeed Rune is still the True Holy Rune after four Suikoden installments

I would think those both pretty important considering that one is a True Rune and the other isn't a True Rune but is being portrayed as one
He was talking about addressing gameplay issues, which is pretty separate from translation errors..

With translation I would argue that consistency is more important than correctness. Especially in the first case, if they all of a sudden started calling it Zodiac Sword people would be confused as to why its name changed and some would question if it were even the same sword in Suikoden 3.. Fixing "True Holy" would have probably been better, admittedly.
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Piisuke wrote:Now, you say you have proof. I have asked you a few times now, show us that proof. You talk about links, but I have yet to see any. I'm, of course, referring to links containing factual information, not "we pretend to know" information, gossip/rumours and what have you. Direct quotes from the people working on the game. Do us a favour and show us your inside knowledge.
I've posted them three different times. You're welcome to go find them.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:I've posted them three different times. You're welcome to go find them.
I'm not one to apply the T-word but I'm feeling it pretty strong right now

just toss them the links to your posts
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/searc ... r_id=10026

here's a link of all of his posts in the week he's been registered. there are a few links in a few of his posts, but none that reveal any credible details beyond what we all already know. either his anger has confused him or he's trolling. either way we all need to move on.

the ironic part is that this discussion is taking place in a topic about a man directing the game, which is also just speculation at this point.

wtb discussion about what could possibly make this game worth having the suikoden title and playing.
NichtWahr

Post by NichtWahr »

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a... (sniggering) magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder!
On-topic, I'm keeping a wait-and-see attitude. Tierkreis was a good game, but just not up to Suikoden's standards, IMHO. This PSP game will probably be more of the same, but who's to say? I'm going to wait until there's more information than a trailer before I share my opinion.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

It would be great if someone could post a Japanese translation for something along the lines of "Please make sure the new Suikoden title is released in the USA!" or something.
水滸伝の新作はアメリカ版が出るようにしてください!
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Well, at the very least, the PSP's capabilities will make the game a bit more easy to swallow than Tierkreis.

While I'd prefer to see them build upon existing series lore, I'm not totally against exploring the concept of Tierkreis as long as the game itself is top notch. Tierkreis was merely solid: the combination of a lack of new ideas, annoyances likely due to the platform (hyper voice acting to make up for low space available), and the absence of series continuity all worked against it. If they fix the first two, I wouldn't mind it so much.

However, I really don't buy Komuta's argument that series continuity held the series back; you don't have to go to Suikoden V levels of fanservice to build upon the existing world. Pick some place mentioned a couple of times (Nameless Lands, Zelant, etc) and explore the hell out of it! Suikoden III was chock-full of new ideas and had no problem integrating them into series lore.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

I seriously wouldn't mind a few Tactics-like games exploring areas of the world we know have already happened, but haven't fully seen

Barbossa's war with the generals would be great to play as a Tactics game

as would the Flame Champion's war and Genkaku/Han's war

we already knew that Georg Prime killed the Queen of Falena and made it out alive thanks to Suikoden 2 and that didn't make Suikoden 5 any less meaningful

save the games with 108 characters for the main numbered games to reduce production costs dramatically and release side-story Tactics games for portable releases

what Suikoden fan wouldn't squeal at the thought of playing as Riou, Nanami, Jowy, Mukumuku (doesn't he follow them everywhere? he's even in the Tinto bad ending screen watching over you) and whoever else they might encounter on their journeys through the world of Suikoden in a Tactics game
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

tiki wrote:can you do something besides bitch and moan endlessly about people on an internet forum
And this is coming from you? I seriously laughed. Look, lots of people disagreed with you. Deal with it. If the majority decided not to listen to you/ disagree with your opinion, than that's the end of it. There's nothing else you can do about it. I already stated you're entitled to your opinion, but so are we. All you've been doing is repeating yourself in practically every post. This will be the last time I will address this, because no matter what people say to you, you simply don't stop. It is like that horny dog that doesn't stop humping somebody's leg, no matter how many times you tell it to stop.
Flufflez wrote:http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/searc ... r_id=10026

here's a link of all of his posts in the week he's been registered. there are a few links in a few of his posts, but none that reveal any credible details beyond what we all already know. either his anger has confused him or he's trolling. either way we all need to move on.

the ironic part is that this discussion is taking place in a topic about a man directing the game, which is also just speculation at this point.

wtb discussion about what could possibly make this game worth having the suikoden title and playing.
Funny that. He claims to have proof and we need to search for it. However, I figured he didn't have any credible proof. Thanks for taking the effort though.

I'd love to say I have any further details/information, but at the moment, this is all we have. It is all just speculation at the moment, until Konami decides to talk to the press and reveals some more information.

Considering it is on the PSP, as opposed to the DS, I personally don't think this is Tierkreis 2. It could very well be another planet we'd be on, but that falls under the speculation of what this game will be about. I'd love to know who's going to direct the game though, as well as who's going to do the music.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Piisuke wrote:And this is coming from you? I seriously laughed. Look, lots of people disagreed with you. Deal with it. If the majority decided not to listen to you/ disagree with your opinion, than that's the end of it. There's nothing else you can do about it. I already stated you're entitled to your opinion, but so are we. All you've been doing is repeating yourself in practically every post. This will be the last time I will address this, because no matter what people say to you, you simply don't stop. It is like that horny dog that doesn't stop humping somebody's leg, no matter how many times you tell it to stop.
okay now you're just clearly trolling and flaming and making very offensive sexual remarks at that

you should stop
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Hahahaha, read the last two sentences again, you know, the ones you even quoted.