Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Feldoon

Re: Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

Post by Feldoon »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:I am also in touch with Osamu Komuta, and others, quite reguarly. If you want to make any kind of united point towards any of them, I strongly suggest you do it through me. Although, of course, you are free to choose whatever methods you see fit. But I have a relationship with them and it can be used to all of our advantage.
Can we do this? I feel like doing this would be cool.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I didnt think he directed it but the internet does say otherwise. We thought he did the planning and programming of Tactics:

http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... &start=180

Whatever the case may be, I thought he done a reasonably decent job. I would say he even done well with Tierkries also ...if it wasnt a Suikoden game. Reagrdless, we need to show Konami that we are concerned about the future of our series. We have done enough over the past 10 months to ensure they do not give up on the fan base and let the series die. Now we need to make sure the series has the future that we all want.

EDIT
Feldoon wrote: Can we do this? I feel like doing this would be cool.
Yeah, if anyone is willing to translate, I can send him a lenghtly email regarding all our hopes, concerns and fears. Also, as I have suggested previously, we can make a thread dedicated to what we want to say to Komuta and I can send him the link.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:Whatever the case may be, I thought he done a reasonably decent job. I would say he even done well with Tierkries also ...if it wasnt a Suikoden game.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this.

See, Tierkreis can be enjoyable as a Suikoden if you switch your brain off. The art direction's pretty nice, the OST is amazing and Suikoden-y. It's just the storyline is rubbish and needs to be connected to the actual Suikoden universe. It has its positives, but they are far outweighed by the negatives.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

Tierkreis was surely disappointing, but perhaps not as much so after the fact, knowing that at least at some stage of it's development there was no connection to Suikoden explains the negatives. The same cannot however be said of Suikoden IV, a game considered far more divisive in the series. That said, Konami moved quick to correct the mistakes made and I have no doubt they will seek to do so again post-Tierkreis. As I've said before, it seems to me that Konami have pride in the IP and they almost certainly want to have it's versatility so they can break their current "Metal Gear Solid and PES" image in the gaming world.
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:
JiggleBiscuits wrote:
Yes, because holding hands in a circle and singing "Kumbaya" is going to get us a canon Suikoverse game.
Did I once say that? What planet are you on? Do you actualy read posts? Please re-read my older posts.
daoster wrote:
It's like speaking to a brick wall!
It sure is.
There's no point in arguing with these two individuals. They don't read replies, they repeat the same thing over and over. They're refusing to change attitude, I'm surprised nobody has pointed out that they might be the same person, or sit next to each other. All they do is moan, complain, rant, vent, irritate, harass and insult other members. It is shocking behaviour and definitely a bane to the Suikoden fans. They're like those Final Fantasy fanboys who refuse to accept any other game, berate any other game if it is not Final Fantasy. Don't even talk about Cloud and Sephiroth to those kind of fans, it is impossible.
Masked Bishop

Post by Masked Bishop »

It would be great if someone could post a Japanese translation for something along the lines of "Please make sure the new Suikoden title is released in the USA!" or something. I've tweeted Vextor's translations for a proper sequel several times, but that is but one of the battles we must fight at this point

I really think most of us need to cool our jets about a lot of this stuff until more information is released. Arguing over information we don't have yet seems inconsequential and only divides a fanbase of which I've always been proud to be a part solely because it feels so tightknit and loyal. I'm as anxious as all of you, but we've got plenty of time to argue once we get some actual facts behind us.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Masked Bishop wrote:It would be great if someone could post a Japanese translation for something along the lines of "Please make sure the new Suikoden title is released in the International Market!" or something.
FTFY.

Being in the UK, I'd rather like the shiny new Suikoden.
Last edited by Feldoon on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Darkbeat wrote:Tierkreis was surely disappointing, but perhaps not as much so after the fact, knowing that at least at some stage of it's development there was no connection to Suikoden explains the negatives.
You're finally making sense. Although I would say downsizing the party size was another negative.
Darkbeat wrote:As I've said before, it seems to me that Konami have pride in the IP and they almost certainly want to have it's versatility so they can break their current "Metal Gear Solid and PES" image in the gaming world.
Konami have zero pride in the IP. If they did, we wouldn't have gotten Tierkreis - a non-Suikoden game with the name slapped on it.
Piisuke wrote:There's no point in arguing with these two individuals. They don't read replies, they repeat the same thing over and over. They're refusing to change attitude.
That's because we are right. The rest of you need to realise it.
Belle

Post by Belle »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:
Piisuke wrote:There's no point in arguing with these two individuals. They don't read replies, they repeat the same thing over and over. They're refusing to change attitude.
That's because we are right. The rest of you need to realise it.
No, we don't "need" to realize anything. YOU and tiki need to respect the fact that fans of the same series can have differing opinions, and you have no right to force your opinion on anyone else. Especially when you can't seem to express yours without constantly waxing dramatic.

If you can't understand something like that, why bother making arguments in the first place?

I can respect your opinion of the series. But I don't appreciate your attitude, your sense of self-entitlement, nor the passive-aggressive little jabs you make at other people who dare to disagree with you.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

JiggleBiscuits, you have an irrational and obsessive hatred for Suikoden Tierkreis that is borderline unhealthy. It has already led to you jumping to conclusions about this game and being gloriously put down by those who simply know the series better than you think you do. You then went on to suggest that Konami should FIRE Osamu Komuta for making Suikoden Tierkreis and then demand that they (and we) actually take your opinions seriously. It's too late.

We should be looking to work with Konami, not attack them. As Vextor quite rightly pointed out here, Suikosource has the potential to be the perfect fertile breeding ground for new ideas for the future direction of the series along with somewhere even for the devs to "touch base" with the opinions of the fans. Please stop trying to sabotage that and the legitimate debate with your mindless trolling.
Last edited by Darkbeat on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Darkbeat wrote:JiggleBiscuits, you have an irrational and obsessive hatred for Suikoden Tierkreis that is borderline unhealthy. It has already led to you jumping to conclusions about this game and being gloriously put down by those who simply know the series better than you think you do. You then went on to suggest that Konami should FIRE Osamu Komuta for making Suikoden Tierkreis and then demand that they (and we) actually take your opinions seriously. It's too late.
Nobody has put anything down. I've posted links to articles and people have said "Well we don't know anything".
That's sticking your head in the sand.

And if getting rid of Komuta is the only way we're going to get a proper, canon Suikoden, then that's what needs to be done.
Belle wrote:But I don't appreciate your attitude, your sense of self-entitlement
I wasn't aware wanting a proper, canon Suikoden game was self-entitlement.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

Your articles were dealt with. Million worlds doesn't point to Tierkreis. It's over. You lost.

EDIT: Komuta isn't standing in the way of anything. Tierkreis has been and gone since his blog post and as KC has stated he has PERSONAL experience that situations of changed. Why wouldn't they? As stated before, Konami have always moved quickly to fix issues with the series in the past. It's not that you're a negative nancy that's the problem, it's you're going on and on about issues that have already been dealt with.
- R' Nachman
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

As per contacting Osamu Komuta directly, do we know for certain he is involved with this title? If not, we should definitely wait and see. It might be someone else entirely that should get the email instead. I can't see sending him our concerns if he's not the one who could do anything about them.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

It's not a bad idea to contact him directly, we really don't know the full implications of the Suikoden teams disbandment. While it's most likely he's concentrating only on one project at the present, he's as good a person as any to relay any feedback or express concerns with the Konami top brass.

Also bare in mind that while one of our priorities must certainly be raising awareness about Suikoden and hype/interest for this game (and campaigning for a localization), our ideas for the direction of Suikoden as a whole are for future installments (as it's too late for this game) which he will most likely be involved in.
- R' Nachman
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:I didnt think he directed it but the internet does say otherwise. We thought he did the planning and programming of Tactics:
http://www.klueze.com/suiko/makoto.png

Sometimes the internet is just wrong.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.