NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Rachael

NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by Rachael »

I don't know much, but it will be called "Gensou Suikoden: The Time of 100 Spun Years." Well, that's as well as I can translate it. It will be for the PSP. I will be translating the article bit by bit.

Here's the website: http://www.4gamer.net/games/000/G000000/20110917006/
Last edited by Rachael on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Rachael

Re: NEW GAME ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!!

Post by Rachael »

TGS 2011
Shocking announcement of a new addition to the Gensou Suikoden series, "Gensou Suikoden: The Time of 100 Spun Years"! A clear addition to Konami's "Frontier Gate"'s special stage.

[TGS 2011]「幻想水滸伝」シリーズの最新作「幻想水滸伝 紡がれし百年の時」が電撃発表! KONAMI「フロンティアゲート」のスペシャルステージにて明らかに【動画追加】
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Trailer: http://andriasang.com/comy88/

The line "another story in the many/infinite/parallel/100 worlds of Suikoden" in 0:23 of the trailer...means they're making what they did with Tierkreis canon.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

本日(9月17日),KONAMIブース内で行われた「フロンティアゲート」のスペシャルステージにて,あの「幻想水滸伝」シリーズの最新作「幻想水滸伝 紡がれし百年の時」が制作中であることが明らかにされた。

Today (September 17), in the special stage of "Frontier Gate" at the Konami Booth, it was made clear that a new addition to the "Gensou Suikoden" series, "Gensou Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki" (I'll be keeping it in Japanese from now on, since the literal translation sounds weird in English), is in production.

「幻想水滸伝」といえば,KONAMIが誇る人気RPGシリーズ。東洋と西洋の文化が交じり合った独特の世界観が特徴的な作品で,熱心なファンが多いことでも知られる。PSP向けの作品ということ以外,どのような内容かはまだ分からないが,ファンにとって嬉しいサプライズであることだけは確かだろう。詳しい情報が分かり次第,追ってお伝えしたい。

"Gensou Suikoden" is Konami's boasted-of popular series.

...Oh, forget it, I'm too excited to be patient! Here's the official website:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/100-years/
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

dragonmasterx wrote:Trailer: http://andriasang.com/comy88/

The line "another story in the many/infinite/parallel/100 worlds of Suikoden" in 0:23 of the trailer...means they're making what they did with Tierkreis canon.
I liked Tierkreis, so I don't mind at all. As long as we still get to collect 108 characters.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Interestingly, the twitter account at the end of the trailer: http://twitter.com/#!/genso573

They created this twitter account about an hour ago just to advertise this game.

「幻想水滸伝」の最新情報をお知らせするKONAMI公式Twitterです。

Konami's Official Twitter for the latest Suikoden Info.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The trailer says "Arata naru hyakuman sekai no monogatari," which could be translated as "a new tale of 1,000,000 worlds" or it could mean 'a tale of a new 1,000,000 worlds." Do we know for sure that means that it will be a separate storyline?
Nanami_chan

Post by Nanami_chan »

Im quite happy about this new suikoden. I know theyre bittersweet news thought. I really want a suikoden VI, and this game isnt it, but I liked Tierkreis as well. I know theyre not making it as well as we want (and deserve) for what we know, which is very little still! lets give it a chance. Im going to buy it as soon as it will be released in japan, and I will buy it again when they will release the Pal version, if that happens.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Since there probably won't be new info from Konami for a while, I thought I'd share the more interesting opinions from 2ch, http://logsoku.com/thread/hatsukari.2ch ... 316243269/.

7. Why not just remake 1&2?
8. How long is it gonna take until we finally see all the (True) Runes?
9. Chris and Geddoe in 3 were the best.
10. Didn't the series end at 2?
11. I only played 1&2, 5 looks interesting, but I'm not sure I can stand the loading
17. There's no 6 attached to the title... Another Rhapsody?
22. I still remember the utter hopelessness and despair I felt as a kid when I meant to buy Suikoden, but accidentally bought the ADV(Suikogaiden) games instead.
24. 4 was awful, but 3 gets too much hate.
25. I thought the series ended because of Teirkreis.
26. Bring Miki Higashino back!
27. I said "act like a pig!"
31. C'mon, finish the series are there. How many left till we see all 27 True Runes?
32. Nanami's my wife!
36. >27. Yes! Oink, oink.
38. "Another Tale in the Million World universe", another Teirkreis, eh?
39. So they're using the same setting and world from that DS game... Finish up the Harmonia story before making these, please!
40. From the looks of the trailer, it's a sequel to Teirkreis, nothing like the first 5. Just what are they thinking?
53. In the history of video games, there will never be a greater villian than Luca Blight.
58. I liked Tierkreis, I guess this is gonna be like that?
59. Ok, so when are we find out more about the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia?
67. Suikoden, Arc the Lad, Wild Arms, why did all these PS-era series die at 3?
73. The scenario writer ran away, so there's no way they can possibly continue the main storyline.
80. If they just remade 3 or something, they could probably lead it to an ending story. I guess they can't because of staff that quit during 3?
81. 5 is meant to be played on emulator. So much better without the loading hell.
85. 1 and 2 were masterpieces, everything after succeeded only because of the first two.
104. This game has nothing to do with 1-5, right? If it's like Tierkreis, I'm not buying it.
107. It ended at 2.
109. Movement was b**** in 3.
113. It's just a game to please the fangirls.
116. 4 was s***, 5 was a lot better, but the loading and system/UI/settings/ were s*** Lyon was cute though.
124. The person who wrote the story for 1&2 isn't around anymore, same with the music. I doubt we're ever going to see closure to everything that's been brought up.
133. If it's the same world as Teirkreis, I'm not playing it. I'll only play it if it's the same setting as 1-5.

---
Hopefully, this will give you an idea of what the Japanese fans are thinking.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Is it just me or does that thing in the logo look like a tree?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I had the same impression
Simplicity

Post by Simplicity »

Come on guys ! Be happy a little bit ! Do you want to go back to the ( wishing for a new title) phase ?

Tierkreis was nothing less of the main series. The game was mature, refined and well done. I am happy that they didn't neglect this series, because the team disbandment news was a shocker !
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I wonder if they make a totally new world or another game set in the Tierkreis world. I would prefer the latter (recurring characters...) - or they saw the many flaws in the world and make a new one. The besth thing would of course be the old world.

But PSP??? Well, I would have preferred DS, but at least I now have a reason for buying a PSP.

Also, anyone a good translation for the name?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:But PSP??? Well, I would have preferred DS, but at least I now have a reason for buying a PSP.
I'd hold off on that. PSP is all but dead outside Japan so the chances of it coming west aren't the best atm.
Maybe they will go for a Vita Release in the West?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I'd doubt that very much. Sony wouldn't let them put a PSP game on Vita without serious enhancements if it's out anywhere near Vitas release given the gap between power.

A digital PSN release wouldn't be unthinkable though if they don't bring the UMD here.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.