My Ideal Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
skymansxeno

Re: My Ideal Suikoden 6

Post by skymansxeno »

What I want in VI:
A talking Tenkai again
Multiple view points with Tenkai as focus
More returning characters
Somewhere close to Suikoden 1,2,3,5's timeline

I don't care where it takes place.
cjustalero

Post by cjustalero »

Ok so I've played suikoden 1 to 5, as well as tactics. I have some concept in my mind, what suikoden 6 should be..

Costume:
I believe suikoden 6 should have 3 costume for each playable char.One is the first costume, then the exile costume ( as we all know majority of the suikoden hero is been force to be the leader) the third is the final costume ( accessible after collecting 108 star, before final battle) this could be access tru their status menu. This concept could bring something new and fresh in the game.

Weapon:
Ok we all know that suikoden weapon is being upgrade from 1 to 15. How bout for every 5 upgrade the weapon appearance will change. And they should use the concept in suikoden 2 werein the rune can be attached to the weapon, and for something new how about if the weapon is imbue with water rune, the color of the weapon will be blue, or their is an aura on the char weapon.

Blood:
What is the different of suikoden 2 from the rest of suikoden games? aside from a great story, it's the blood. every time lucca slaugther some village we could see blood all over the place. I don't feel the war in suikoden 3 to 5 because of the lack of gory...

Army:
In suikoden 2 their is actually an army, inside the hero base and tru the battlefield, also in suikoden 2 before the final battle, we see both camp, hero side & highland side talk to their army to give boost. And I really feel it's a big war, I dont see those kind of armies in suikoden 3,4,5.

Story setting
Story should take place in the dessert for something new. I mean in the dessert, there are lot of

- they should retain the skill system of suikoden 3 & 5
- they should retain the formation command of suikoden 5, but limit the formation skill to one used per battle, ( i remember a skill formation in suikoden 5 werein the skill is being used unlimited time, the one that they circle the enemy)
- they should retain the mount system in suikoden 3
- they should retain the combo magic
jllegando

Post by jllegando »

My Ideal Suikoden?

I've been a fan of suikoden eversince the release of S2 but i guess the longer the series take the plot seems to be becoming more and more lame, i mean from S1 until S5 the plot's always the same. the hero always leads a revolution that will shake the very fountdations of a country/land. Well if you ask me how about a plot that doesn't concern any of those? i mean how about a romeo / juliet type of plot? or even a plot that concern's about family or something.... that sounds reasonable 8)

As for the hero how about you can choose from male or female with each different storyline?

True Runes must be at least 2-3.

in terms of army battles i guess suikoden II is the best! how about bring back the same theme but at least make more cool right? :D

and when it comes to country....... how about the time of sindar race? :wink: just kidding! i don't want to ruin the sindar trademark of suikoden! hehehehe well any country suits me fine.

jeane/viki? well i guess i love the way they are right now... being mysterious and on top of that... they're HOT!!! :twisted:

that's all!
jin022

Post by jin022 »

emperor barbarosa and windy story will appear and closure to story to some cliffhangers

somewhere near suikoden 2 or continuation of 3

maybe a fight of all suikoden past tenkai heros against harmonia. ( since some tenkai heros mioght be dead viki will teleport them )
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

Windy and Barbarosa will be back. Windy lived too long and did too many bad things in her days to just die from being thrown off a building.

Anyway . . . since this seems like the appropriate thread, I'm going to bring up my idea for a new combat setup for S6 or beyond.

So I already posted most of this in another thread and I really don't want to again so here's the short version:

1. I know a lot of people for some reason weren't impressed with Star Ocean, but I can imagine 4-6 characters running around in real time combat on the screen. I know what you're thinking but hear me out.
2. Set up macros so characters can either run and attack, or stay behind to do magic, or stick with other characters. You can have them burn through magic to win. And maybe implement a new thing that boosts an embedded magic drain rune so when you run out of magic, you smack things automatically to get it back. The reason for character sticking together macros is:
3. If certain conditions are met. Say your unite attacks are on a build meter, when two or more characters are within range of each other, you get the option to trigger the unite. If you're not controlling the character in that scenario at the time, the unit will automatically happen. If you are in control, you'll get the option to trigger it.
4. Now because of all the chaos that's likely to be going on the screen, it's probably best that your basic command is just Attack. I'm thinking you don't need to button mash, you just set the command by default and your character does it until you change your mind. Then while you're running around, you can use items, or runes when needed.
5. Just like a Real Time RPG battle, when you want to use an item, or a spell, time stops while you decide what you want to do. Other wise it might be too chaotic.
6. You control one character at a time and you can move them about the battle field.

Okay, I know it sounds pretty much like Star Ocean. And everyone's entitled to their opinion so please feel free to give me some feedback. But given how easy (and frankly kind of boring) Suikoden battles in the past have been, don't you think this would be kind of an exciting way to reviving the series? The two primary elements in Suikoden gameplay are story and battles. You can't progress the story without getting your nose a little bloody. So, if you want a boring story, get a boring battle system. If you want an exciting story, I think an exciting battle system is necessary. It worked pretty well for Star Ocean 2. Star Ocean 4 on the other hand had a great battle system but the story was kind of bland.

To that point, I agree they need to work on the army battle system too. There are aspects from all the games I liked. Maybe they could combine them all into something nifty. How about, combining the movement system from 2, the character group battles from 3, and pre-attack things you can do from S1, like spy, or attack boost. And have the armys running around the field look like they do in S5. I dunno, maybe have a guy with a rune cannon strapped on his back.

So anyway, just throwing out my ideas for what I'd like to see in Suikoden 6. Good story, good battles.
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Anything but another Tierkreis. Well, almost anything.

Some of these ideas have already be mentioned here and other forums, but here's what I think would work best:

It should take place not long after III, make an attempt at wrapping up some loose ends, and have a decent amount of recurring characters (in addition to Viki & Jeane). With that spot on the timeline, it would make sense to see quite a few of the same faces. Same world is a must but could involve new places like Zelant, or take us deeper into Harmonia. Would also be nice to see what became of the Kooluk region.

I might be weird for this, but I actually like the paired fighting system from III. It made me pay more attention to my whole party instead of just tankin away or abusing the mages each time. I think having to grind in real time would make it too high maintenance. Not a bad idea for boss fights though. Macros would be nice as well.

As far as the war battles go, I liked how personal they were in III. Needs more control over what the people are doing, though. Macros could work well here, or formations.

I say keep blacksmiths but somehow simplify the leveling process. Maybe 5 stages instead of 15? Just have each stage equal the leveling of what 5 of them were in the other games. Instead of having to pay 5 separate times in one go, just add the cost and get it done in 1 click per stage. Instead of doing that 15 times, you'd only have to do it 5 times for each character. The Night Rune should make a return, and have something to say while getting sharpened. It's weird that he never reacted to Peggi.

I hated Sword of Whatever runes. Nailing an element rune to your weapon is so much better, and also makes more sense than wasting a rune slot. I also don't like that fighting techniques are permanent runes. These should be integrated into the fight commands instead. I also think that there could be a better organization of spells, especially when you upgrade to a more powerful rune. Anyone else get a little miffed when they had to give up Kindness Drops or Clay Guardian? And if there is to be friendly damage, it needs to be a little more realistic. Why would fire spells cause damage to your own party but a freakin tornado doesn't?

Skills system is a must. Needs more choices, though. Also, a couple more slots and none that can't be changed out.

More customization for your base would be sweet. The decorating room was a step in the right direction. Next time they should let you decorate anywhere to get more reactions from different people. Being able to assign people their quarters and roommates would make things interesting, especially if it could have an affect on fighting skills, unites, etc.

Super rare items should not be so super rare. Actually being able to get a resurrection rune to drop in the first game would have made my day. Played several times and that damned thing never dropped.

No more useless characters. Give each of them at least some kind of support function. And none of this "I'm the biggest badass in town... But I'm still 40 levels below you" crap. People need to start with stats nearer to your own. That should go for weapons, too.

All I can think of for now.

No, one more thing... Silverbergs. Next game has to have at least one. Actually, Albert and Caesar having to work together would make for an interesting dynamic. If Shu has to be involved, he would make one hell of a guy to go up against.
Scotts

Post by Scotts »

My ideal Suikoden VI would include:

The Battle System of 2:
Regular battles were speedy, regular attacks, boss battles were dedicated shows of runes and special attacks. Suikoden 4 had the right idea with how fast it make each turn pass, which was a godsend compared to how slow 3 was. Healing Runes and Defence Runes took first move priority, and you weren't locked into Runes based on competence like in 3. 3 was annoying because people had a pre-set Rune choice (Or choices) and changing Runes was a very costly task.

The War Battles of 2 and 3 combined:
Units would act as they do in 2; you make a unit based on stats and abilities, and they will act against other similar units. The layout of 3; dedicated field designs to better show off the battlefield. Units would be seen properly, though, instead of just speech bubbles. Give the field bases and other such stuff to gain control over. Movement would be based on how much of the battlefield you've taken control of. 3's units being dependant on weapon upgrades and other skills was terrible. You were left with weak parties, so the system from 2 would be used for that.

Runes:
Function and animations like Suikoden 2. In 3, the runes being able to hurt you often left me not wanting to risk being destroyed by my own Fire Rune. I only ever used Wind and Thunder runes. It was needlessly limiting. The only rune that should hurt your party should be that one spell from Pale Gate. The animations of 2 were also great, each one felt customised to suit the name of the animation, unlike 4's lazy animations.

Setting:
After III. Harmonia would need to be a driving force in it somehow.

True Runes: If it's set after Suikoden III, I'd like to see Barbarossa and Windy involved. I want to see more of the Sovereign Rune. If it's after III, I'd also like to see or know what became of Riou.
Ved

Post by Ved »

Well, Iw ant a lot of the things that other people seem to want, but mainly I want the game to be a bit harder. Also with more side quests and optional bosses and stuff. Like one thing about the Final Fantasy series is there is so much to do, like a reason to train your characters up, create the perfect team etc, so you can beat the super hard boss. But in Suikoden, doing all that just seems to make advancing the story that much easier, you know?
Luke

Post by Luke »

The only thing I'd like is no missable characters.
I hate to arrive almost at the end of the game and discover that I can't recruit someone anymore. I don't like being forced to play with a guide on the hand
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ved wrote:Well, Iw ant a lot of the things that other people seem to want, but mainly I want the game to be a bit harder. Also with more side quests and optional bosses and stuff. Like one thing about the Final Fantasy series is there is so much to do, like a reason to train your characters up, create the perfect team etc, so you can beat the super hard boss. But in Suikoden, doing all that just seems to make advancing the story that much easier, you know?
But I think that's mainly because of the Level-Up system.

and that's maybe one thing they should change, too. Of course, it has positive effects too: You can train weak characters very fast to a good level and so use every character you want.

But dungeons get ridicolous because of this. The first fight is maybe hard, but after 5 fights, you don't have to worry anymore. It's even more so in Suikoden IV and Tierkreis, where you're fully healed after Level-Up (in Tactics this is good imo).

I don't know if I want them to change the level-up system, but that was one complaint of a friend who played Suikoden for the first time (even though it was Tierkreis).

Maybe they should go the Final Fantasy VIII way and enemies become stronger as you get stronger.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

While IV did kinda force players to grind thanks to the high encounter rate, the other games are more flexible. The enemies get stronger as the game advances, so if you don't spend a lot of time leveling up they're more challenging. The less like Final Fantasy the better imo.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Ved

Post by Ved »

I dont know if its the random encounters so much as the bosses. You unleash all your rune attacks and most of them just keel over. A boss you actually have to train for is a good thing, or at least change up your strategy. Oh, and I hated that part about FF8. It made leveling up totally pointless...?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ved wrote:I dont know if its the random encounters so much as the bosses. You unleash all your rune attacks and most of them just keel over. A boss you actually have to train for is a good thing, or at least change up your strategy. Oh, and I hated that part about FF8. It made leveling up totally pointless...?
Not pointless, but.. different. stronger enemies gave better draws.

Well, one thing I like about Suikodens EXP system is: No grinding for EXP. But you still need to grind for Potch.... argh I dont know what I want.

Oh, and in future Suikodens I want the Trading Posts to have mor effect. I think this is such an interesting aspect, but it gets so little attention...
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

@ved: the bosses in IV are definitely too easy compared to the previous games. I don't usually rely too heavily on runes though if I don't have to. I find a couple of the unites to be more effective.

@anti: agree about trading. They could put in an actual mini game, maybe like the cookoff only a trade war... Something beyond using it just to get a recruit or rare item. Old school trading games are so addictive. Now I want to play Star Traders lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I know what you mean, Ved. In FF8, my brother and I were both up to around the same place, my characters were a level or two (no more than two for sure) higher than his and he breezed through it. But because mine were higher the T-Rexaur had learnt this one move that just destroyed me every time, and I couldn't train to get past him D= It's one of the things I hate about that game (don't get me started about the random rule in the card game!). Although they did have magic junctioning to make up for the level up system, which I thought was a really cool addition.

I do know what you mean about it being too easy. I banned myself from using certain characters in V because they just kicked too much ass XD
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.