[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

[Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by KFCrispy »

Gameshark
Many general-use Gameshark codes can be found at Codetwink(formerly CMGSCCC.com)
As an addendum to Codetwink's codes, please read our Item Digits guide for information on how to control the items properly.

War / Strategy Battle codes: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11410

Experience Modifier codes: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11381

Enemy drop codes: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11460

McDohl name fix codes: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 90&start=0

Unlock all spells for Forgiver Sign: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11881

See the rest of this thread for various codes such as completing all of a character's Richard investigations, "recruit" original Jowy (staff), game fixes (fix missing songs from US version - Annallee recruitment and a late strategy battle), and have the HQ sell all equipment....
kuroi_shinigami

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

are there any codes that make richmond investigation finished in an instant?
i-heart-percival

Post by i-heart-percival »

Anyone have a gameshark code for getting Gordon??? Im so sick and tired of having to run back and fourth to gregminster trying 2 get him and i still need like 40,000 potch still 2 recruit him...it's annoying, so if anyone has anything, it's be greatly appreciated :)
khong

Post by khong »

3006A93B 0004 for Flik's secret complete (4) and the other characters just following that code
3006A93C 0004 for Viktor.... and so on
you can change 0004 to 000x where x is maximum secret on the character you can have
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

i-heart-percival wrote:Anyone have a gameshark code for getting Gordon??? Im so sick and tired of having to run back and fourth to gregminster trying 2 get him and i still need like 40,000 potch still 2 recruit him...it's annoying, so if anyone has anything, it's be greatly appreciated :)
you need have Soy Sauce to win , Enjoy with code 8) 80019C84 C350
If need any codes tell me here good luck :wink:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

please be aware that when you sell items in a Trade Shop, if your money is max or near max you won't increase the profit counter that is used for Gordon's recruitment. so before selling items to the Trade Shops to earn profit, make sure your potch is not near the maximum.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Annallee Sings When Recruited
D0111674 6540
30111677 000C

One lousy byte wrong in the NTSC version. This fixes the bug, and the actual song plays.

Edit 2: See below for a better Annallee code.

Edit:

War Theme #1 Plays
300ECFB7 0001

This fixes the CD position data so that the first war song will play (it's numbered first in the OST and is #7 in the array, while the familiar music is #8). I only tested in the Muse battle, but it should fix all of them, as long as there aren't multiple entries. A lot of the story-related music is scattered around a bit to optimize seek times during scripts it seems. It doesn't look like the major battles are done that way, probably because some loading delay is to be expected, even if the CD audio has to seek to the farthest reaches.

It looks like the offset was right, but they had the channel wrong. As far as I can tell, they fixed it in the PAL version by just repacking the data properly. Obviously, we can't do that, so this just corrects the channel.

Edit 2:

Annallee Sings (Preferred)
300ECFE7 0001

They did the wrong channel here, as well. This code fixes the proper cut of the song. The old code was replacing the song reference with the index of a longer cut (for the theatre?). The preferred code plays a track with no intro, and it ends much earlier, so it syncs up far better with her "lip" movements.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

As far as I can tell, there's no handy menu for equipping a piece of armor you've found to any character. With runes, you can put them on anyone through the "Attach" menu in the Castle Rune Shop, and you can sharpen anybody's weapon with Tessai. The Castle Armory lets you put purchased armor on anyone, but there's an awful lot you can't buy, and equipping those items requires you to add a character to the party to do it. I find that tedious and frustrating. Especially when I just want to get rare items out of storage, without throwing them out or selling them.

Castle Armory Sells All Armor
D01195BC 9540
8010E3AC 0057
D01195BC 9540
8010E3AE 3410
D01195BC 9540
8010E3DC 2021
D01195BC 9540
8010E3DE 0009
D01195BC 9540
8010E39C 015C
D01195BC 9540
8010E39E 3405
D01195BC 9540
8010E3CC 0001
D01195BC 9540
8010E3CE 3404

Now you can just buy as many Master Garbs and Windspun Armors as you wish, and equip them to anyone.

Note: The Castle Item Shop uses the exact same module (140_HONP/HDOUGUYA.BIN). You'll have to turn the code off and visit a shop that doesn't use that module--I just run across to the Blacksmith, go into his menu a little ways, and cancel out--in order to flush the code, if you want to use the Item Shop's inventory. Personally, I don't use it for much, so it's not a big loss.

It's possible to distinguish between when the Item Shop is loading inventory, and when it's the Armory doing it. I mainly made this so I could test other things, but if time permits, and the additional logic doesn't make the code impractically long, it may be improved.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

Ok here's a question regarding character codes

are there any codes for putting the staff version of Jowy onto the battle selection roster? I got the code off of Code Twink for getting King Jowy onto the list but i want to try and avoid tying up a battle party space in the front row with King Jowy. plus he looks totally depressing compared to the staff Jowy

anybody think you can help?

if it'll help this is the code that's supposed to activate both staff jowy and king jowy Jowy 1/2 ? 3006AE61 0007

but all you get is king jowy
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

last time i saw it, Codetwink provides codes for BOTH versions of Jowy.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

where's the second code? all i saw was the version I posted
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh i must have done some testing to find it myself.
Jowy Atreides (staff) "recruited": 3006AE60 0007

By the way, if you happen to be experimenting, can you possibly test these codes?
3006AE62 0007, 3006AE63 0007, 3006AE64 0007
I was looking for a Millie w/out Bonaparte code. She is a real, SEPARATE character who will appear with the "recruit all" code (I think - can someone confirm?), but I like using the individual recruit codes to control when to add someone.....
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:She is a real, SEPARATE character who will appear with the "recruit all" code (I think - can someone confirm?)
Don't think so. I used recruit all codes when I tested for the "Quotes" guides and I have no recollection of having to retract Millie even though McDohl, Jowy and Jowy were there.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

YES thank you KFCrispy! I wanted to set up a code to have jowy in my party. but King Jowy is way too powerful with that level 16 sword of his

but staff jowy lets me retain access to the black sword rune while still being able to give Riou other runes and not having the supercharged King.

much thanks. you've given me a perfect warrior mage
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes i like keeping original Jowy and don't like adding King Jowy myself.
i seem to have used one code once that gave me both Millie's, sigh..