Vampires can create temporary abodes (Spoilers)

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Vampires can create temporary abodes (Spoilers)

Post by gilgamesh31 »

We have only been exposed to a few vampires so far in the Suikoden series but they seem to be able to create houses for themselves if im not mistaken please correct me if i am.

The main evidence of this is in Suikogaiden part 1 when we meet Rean, after he dies his manor vanishes apparantly (i read it somewhere) into thin air simular to Castlevania when dracula dies.

Next we have Neclord, where did his castle come from in the first game? granted it remains there when viktor kills him, except he only kills his doppeganger. We see dracula i meen neclord next in Northwindow castle which has a pipe organ and some other rooms that completly dissapear when you defeat the Abomination monster.

I know its a bit thin but could it be that Vampires have the ability create temporary abodes for themselves or atleast manipulate the area around them? Please hack away...
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
CCByouknowme

Re: Vampires can create temporary abodes (Spoilers)

Post by CCByouknowme »

Sorry to post so late but I am new here and just saw this topic! In all the Vampire lore or books I have read, there seems to be no evidence that a Vampire can manipulate an abode; or for that matter construct an abode or shelter out of magic. It may just be a video game thing! My favorite series next to Suikoden, is Castlevania! In those games Dracula can resurrect his castle. Again, I believe this is a video game thing, something the developers wanted to have fun with!

Rick Flair says, "Whooooooooooooooooo"!
Avid wrestling fan! :D
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

gilgamesh31 wrote:The main evidence of this is in Suikogaiden part 1 when we meet Rean, after he dies his manor vanishes apparantly (i read it somewhere) into thin air simular to Castlevania when dracula dies.
Well, that's the problem with "reading something somewhere" ain't it? It simply doesn't make it true.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Suikoden seems to have this reaccuring theme of being inconsistent with whether or not a place crumbles down or not. At the ends of SI and SII Gregminster and L'Renoullie supposedly collapse only to appear again without a scrath.

Also, when you defeat Neclord in SI the castle in Lorimar doesn't disappear or change in any way.
The destruction of the Penenberg Manor was probably only included because the writers thought this location had served it's purpose in the story and didn't need to reappear again.

The possibility that vampires use magic in some way when they build their lairs is of course not impossible.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

:lol: Raww your sarcasm never fails to bore me (yawn). I didn't realise that i needed to write where i had read this information to appease you your highness. I got that quote from Gensopedia under Penenberg Manor if you must know, though im not sure how reliable that site is. It seems that i did definitely read something somewhere but thank you for your insightful comment nevertheless (Get it, insightful! Its sarcasm like what you do. God i'm witty, how do i ever think up these clever remarks all by myself?):

"A manor owned and manifested by the vampire, Rean Penenberg. Located in the plains of the Highland Kingdom, Rean used the manor to entice visitors whom he would pray upon for sustenance.
A very lavish mansion, the manor also contained a church, complete with a pipe organ, giving Rean eccentric tastes similar to that of the vampire Neclord. Following his death at the hands of Sierra Mikain, the manor also disappeared."
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Aye, if only it had actually been sarcasm but whatever, point is that the manor neither disappears nor does anyone mention such a thing happening. And it seems like something worth mentioning.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Nobody apart from Gensopedia.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I kinda meant characters in the game, you know cause a mansion disappearing in front of your eyes seems like something you might want to mention, especially if you're not actually going to show it to the player.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Well i cant speak Japanese and i haven't played Suikogaiden so i can only make theories based on what i have read on these websites from people who i assume have actually played the game.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gilgamesh31 wrote:Well i cant speak Japanese and i haven't played Suikogaiden so i can only make theories based on what i have read on these websites from people who i assume have actually played the game.
So why don't you trust Raww then?^^ I'm pretty sure he played the game.

Gensopedia's not 100% accurate, and bear in mind that it's a dead project unfortunately. I wouldn't mind somebody re-activating it (even though its hard, tedious work...)
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

I went to youtube and skimmed the part in the game where this happens, and it does indeed seem like the manor doesn't vanish at all. In fact, it sorta looks like Sierra and Nash actually stayed the night there alone after defeating Rean before parting ways the next morning. Though I'm not 100% sure.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Antimatzist wrote:
gilgamesh31 wrote:Well i cant speak Japanese and i haven't played Suikogaiden so i can only make theories based on what i have read on these websites from people who i assume have actually played the game.
So why don't you trust Raww then?^^ I'm pretty sure he played the game.

Gensopedia's not 100% accurate, and bear in mind that it's a dead project unfortunately. I wouldn't mind somebody re-activating it (even though its hard, tedious work...)
This. People should really check any fact that they got from third party source. Especially site like Gensopedia that full of wrong facts.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.