[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Elven Princess

Re: [Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

Post by Elven Princess »

Hi, everyone. I beat the game a few days ago and here's my final party and strategy.

Distributing your attacks is key to winning battles with multiple enemies in Suikoden.

Final party:

First pair

Geddoe (Flame Champion)- True Fire, Thunder and Fury

Hugo- True Lightning

Second pair

Emily- Fury, Haziness

Estella- Rage, Thunder, Flowing

Third pair

Jacques- Boronda Hawk, Fury

Sasarai- True Earth, Flowing

As for the actual battle is goes something like this:

Hugo uses Hammer of Raijin on the Water Crystal, Geddoe attacks the Lightning Crystal.

Estella uses Thunder Storm on all enemies, Emily attacks Lightning Crystal and does insane damage because her Swing is maxed out to an S.

Sasarai uses Canopy Defense and Jacques attacks.

The second turn is the same except Hugo uses, the next best spell on his True Lightning Rune. As the orbs die, I just target accordingly. Once all the orbs are gone, I now have Geddoe use Final Flame on the Wind Rincar, Estella continues to use her lightning rune, Sasarai heals and everybody else attacks.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

1.Fubar
2.Hugo
3.Chris
4.Sasarai
5.Geddoe
6.Estella

Why, you ask? coz that's the best party you'll have. All true rune bearers and the best magician in the whole world
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Mizuki Shrike

Post by Mizuki Shrike »

My party in SIII (the first of the games I beat) was:

Chris
Landis
Chris was my flame champion-by far my favourite of the three main characters in the game and my favourite character in all of Suikoden, followed by Futch. I loved her character arc across the entire game, both of her suits, and though she wasn't that great at fire magic, her defense was incredible. She would just sit and take all the damage from the enemy while also hitting hard and allowing everyone else to use their best attacks. I love Landis as a character because he's just such a cool creeper...plus he has a pretty nice design. Having a winged/half-humanish character was cool. His scythe was cool looking and I loved all his creepy dialogue throughout the game- he had by the far the most entertaining personality. I played through Nadir's productions with him on the cast too many times to count. I loved hearing him say "Yuh huh, we're all gonna die" before big boss fights while everyone else was either scared or pumped up. He had a Killer Rune, of course.

Edge
Emily
Edge is a personal favourite character of mine. I love his design, personality, and the Star Dragon Sword. He just seemed like a really cool character to me. Emily was my physical powerhouse on the team (other than my mounted combo)-always doing over 1,000 points of damage every turn. When I had her hitting opponents multiple times every turn she was next to unstoppable. She just put a beatdown on opponents, and her Haziness rune proved a nice defense booster as well.

Futch
Bright
Futch was mounted on Bright, of course. I thought that Futch was a really cool character, had a great design (I loved his sword), and combined with Bright the two of them were doing extensive damage every turn. They were very useful, and Futch was decent at lightning magic as well.

Chris took damage from the enemy so everyone else was free to attack, Edge primarily with Lightning while Emily, Futch, and Bright did heavy physical damage (as did Chris). Landis did decent damage, but was mainly there purely on fun personality/coolness factor.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I finished the game last night and this was my final party: Hugo and Fubar.

Maxed out skills, maxed out weapon, Fury on Hugo and Double-Beat on Fubar. Fubar got berserk at some point as well. Hugo had Pale Moon set. Unstoppable. I was killing one rune after another with just their normal attacks. Wanted to try the armor set for some time now, but was too lazy to do the races.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
ronnen

Post by ronnen »

Yeah, Pale Moon is pretty much the most broken thing in the game.

Since physical attack damage on several characters is pretty broken with the way you can stack things like Double, Fury / Madness, Damage on top of H Damage on top of Swing on top of ... well you get the idea... you end up in a situation were you could make at least 2 full parties of people that would never need a healer and never die as long as they don't get "one shot."

Mounted pairs with this set make it even worse, since they split damage (reducing chances of one shot).

Not to mention that Pale Moon works during strategy battles! I put the set on Cecile in Thomas' chapters, put her in a part by herself and just let her kill everything by herself... granted this was after ch3 on everyone else so I had lvl 12 weapons and such.

Enter Battle, eat popcorn, profit!

Never tied Pale Moon in duels... though I doubt it works there. That would be just... lol...
Virande

Post by Virande »

My party for final dungeon in S3:

TLR : Geddoe, Queen, Jacques, Aila, Joker, Ace (No Supp)
TWR : Borus, Roland, Leo, Chris, Percival, Salome (Louis)
TFR : Hugo (FC), Fubar, Sgt. Joe, 3 Slot Empty (No Supp)

Final Battle : Hugo, Chris, Geddoe (Jeane or not? add her to make the battle easier)

Yeah, i only use the 3 main characters for final battle for the sake of the story. XD