The Suikoden Anime Topic [suikoden anime!!]

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Neclord X

Re: The Suikoden Anime Topic [suikoden anime!!]

Post by Neclord X »

I'm a GREAT anime fan, i even make subs for animes animes to spanish, and the idea of a suikoden anime...from one side the idea enthusiasm me, BUT from the other side...after more than 400 wathed animes on my back, i know a little about them and the 99,9% of videogames adaptations are...terrible, but in theory, is posible make a good anime with Suikoden background, but theory and practic aren't the same.

HOWEVEr, you can see more than one "Suikoden Animations", Heroic legend of Arsland could be perfectly called "Suikoden V" the animation, if you don't belive me, watch it, there are 4 ovas, is more i think the ones who create Suikoden V probably watched this in the past.

Guin Saga or Utawarerumono are animes which could perfectly be a Suikoden titles too.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I would prefer a Suikoden anime rather than an actual movie. I am kind of surprised that there isn't one yet they have a lot of mangas made after the series. It wouldn't shock me if they decided to release one either.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
hiimcha

Post by hiimcha »

yeah animes are great.. i suikoden anime will be a good one... magiging masaya yon(it will be fun..)

lets hope konami would release suiko anime one day..
hiimcha

suikoden anime!

Post by hiimcha »

i want suikoden to be an anime.. what do you guys think?
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

yeeeeeeees... :(
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Arkeus

Post by Arkeus »

Suikoden 2 anime would rock my socks off, 200 episode series please.
lonelion

Post by lonelion »

Suikoden themed Anime would be awesome to see,let's hope it happens.
Zykerion

Post by Zykerion »

An anime would be amazing, especially if they had the production values of the intros from SGaiden 1 & 2. As for the content of said anime, I think it could be achieved best with a story that is original to the anime, not based on any of the games or titles that have been released already.

As for the recruiting and things of that nature, it would be a fairly simple task to show recruitment of all of the stars, even if some of them are very minor, as I recall in a few of the games that you'd have points with 'mass joins' where you'd have like ten different characters join up at once (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you think about it, actually, the anime Code Geass is very much like Suikoden in certain thematic elements. Lelouch vi Britannia is a prince, exiled from his homeland, and he fights to establish a new nation. He gathers many different characters under this banner, many of them exotic and as interesting as any Suikoden native. The various Geass powers shown throughout the show function almost like True Runes, although the elements of them are split up. The one who makes the contract is immortal, while the one who gains the actual power is not. Consider also the varied nature of the Geass powers and that they are connected with a sort of 'other world' of destinies and the like.

When you look at it like that, it becomes quite apparent that a Suikoden anime is very feasible, and showing all of the characters, minor or not, is also very doable within a timeframe that doesn't involve 5 bajillion episodes of filler.

Though it would be quite lovely if they were able to inject more detail for all of the characters and increase the length a bit. 108 episodes for covering the entire story, anybody?
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Up until now, I've just been backpacking on your guys' ideas because I wasn't really into anime then and didn't have any decent ideas of my own.
While the Suikoden games are wonderfully spectacular, getting a lot of fans for it was difficult because the games are limited to the playstation consoles, making it difficult for those who don't have a playstation to play them. However, anime adaptions of the game would make it far easier for people to get the in-game experience, rather than an original story where some people would have absolutely no idea what was going on.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Neclord X wrote:I'm a GREAT anime fan, i even make subs for animes animes to spanish, and the idea of a suikoden anime...from one side the idea enthusiasm me, BUT from the other side...after more than 400 wathed animes on my back, i know a little about them and the 99,9% of videogames adaptations are...terrible, but in theory, is posible make a good anime with Suikoden background, but theory and practic aren't the same.

HOWEVEr, you can see more than one "Suikoden Animations", Heroic legend of Arsland could be perfectly called "Suikoden V" the animation, if you don't belive me, watch it, there are 4 ovas, is more i think the ones who create Suikoden V probably watched this in the past.

Guin Saga or Utawarerumono are animes which could perfectly be a Suikoden titles too.
To this titles, add Legend of Legendary Heroes (DENSETSU NO YUUSHA NO DENSETSU) to Suikoden-like anime list.
Two old friends, one becomes king the other one have a mystical power. Lot of politics and lot of characters.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

yeah, but basing it off another game/anime wouldn't be very suikoden-like would it?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Certainly not, but it has quite elements in common with Suikoden so...it could like you even is not Suikoden itself.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yea, I'm actualy really surprised Konami haven't done this already. Surely it would increase their fanbase? Which is something they seem to hark on about alot. I think it would be truly awesome if they ever did and would certainly watch it ..unless it turned out to be terrible of course lol but I cant see how??? I mean, Suikoden + Anime = Whoa......
Thiamor

Post by Thiamor »

Well isn't there a Manga already? Anime adaptation could very well be done and could be pretty profitable for the Anime fans, Manga fans (their suikoden Manga they read being made into an anime), as well as the fans of the series itself.

Also it could very well make it long. It'd not be like Bleach with over powered people for 200+ episodes. 108 people. Wars. Runes. It would be a pretty good thing to have it long enough for character and story development. Also it doesn't have to do 1 character recruitment at a time. They can od more than 1 to speed it up.
Harmonian

Post by Harmonian »

Well yes I'd say it would be a great idea to make Suikoden series as an anime, since they have made a manga already.
Just don't ever think to make it a live-action, it would be sucks