Safir?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Safir?

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I have been trying to figure where abouts safir would most likely be located. The only clue i can find is that it must be near Chisha village as the Harmonians destroy it to secure a trade route.

Would the trade route be from Caleria, making it due south of Chisha or would it be from Crystal valley direction that being due east? Even if there is no official information im still interested on where people think it was located.

If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
eldrasidar

Re: Safir?

Post by eldrasidar »

my understanding was that is was somewhere in between le buque and chisha. i would imagine somewhere south of the kuput forest, east of the karaya village. the map of suikoden 3 shows a bunch of mountains on the eastern side, and we know that the harmonian army marched from caleria, so we can assume they took the mountain pass, which limits the places safir could be.
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

http://www.duefiumi.com/pictures/world_map.jpg

this is the best and most comprehensive suikoden world map floating around the internet. from what i can tell, the creator based it on existing world maps from the games, information inferred from the games, and the world map that came with (i think) the s5 collector's edition japanese release (or maybe it was preorders that it came with?). there is an identical map to this out there that has the section west of toran filled in as the arcadian monarchy, which, if i'm being completely honest, i have no clue what that is. i'm in the middle of a complete series playthrough right now and it hasn't come up once to my memory and i'm about to start tactics then finish off with 5.

my point being, if you have any questions of geography they can either be answered by this map or you can create your own answer with this map as a guide.

edit: i think the whole arcadian monarchy thing was just a fanfic edit for a text based forum rpg or something, but correct me if it's actually in one of the games.
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

i thought that it was supposed to be south of caleria near where milit is placed, due to it being so secluded and all :|
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history.-Pahn. Suikoden.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

My theory is that the Safir clan is the male counterpart of the Alma Kinan clan and that they are mostly nomads.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Explains something? Maybe that's why they[we] never see them. I mean has anyone actually talked about that clan before Chisha village? Nope.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!