[FAQ] Suikoden II -> Suikoden III Data

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
onewnayr

Re: [FAQ] Suikoden II -> Suikoden III Data

Post by onewnayr »

avenger ahm im wondering if you have those tools and im wondering if i can ask you a favor? if i give you may saved file of suikoden 2, can you convert it to a file that can be transferd into ps2 memory card in my ps3? please, that will be much appriciated, thanks,
avenger

Post by avenger »

yep i pm'd you.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber wrote:I'm having a problem and the other posts didn't really help me at all. I beat the Beast Rune and I saved outside the Great Hall in my castle then I went and got the ending where Nanami is still alive. I have never transferred data from Suikoden 2 to Suikoden 3 before so I wanted to do it this time. So I put in my name and said I wanted to load Suikoden 2 data and I had already copied the data to the current memory card, but when I selected the data it said "Please have Suikoden 2 data ready" Does that mean it worked or what?
i just created a save that gets the "Please have Suikoden 2 ready" message, but it doesn't agree with Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber's experience -- it happened to me when i tried to make a new save to transfer to Suikoden III (all this time i had always been using the exact same file so i never had a problem). the save game i created that failed was taken from an existing save just before the Beast Rune. I went back to HQ and leveled up Futch and saved in HQ. i also found out the save i used to always use was a post-Beast Rune save... Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber said his save was post-Beast as well, but maybe he made a mistake? i think you probably need to have the save at the special save point before the Beast Rune or only a save post Beast Rune will work.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i just confirmed--you have to load data with the Beast Rune defeated. I saved one just after taking out Seed & Culgan, at the final save point that heals you and another one right after beating the Beast Rune at my HQ. Only the second works for Suikoden III. The other one just tells you to have data ready (thanks for the great information Konami).
HoboClown

Post by HoboClown »

Do I need a S2 save file in order to get the best ending in S3? Will I get all 108 characters without it?
I think you don't really need the S1 data for S2, except to get all recipes, complete the McDohl sidequest etc, so that's nothing really important.. I don't remember if you can get all 108 stars and the best ending in S2 without the save file from S1... anyway, I guess it's pretty much the same for S3, right?

Do I miss anything in the game other than the bonus stats, better equipment, runes etc. and names from the armies/castles? I mean I don't really care much about it.. actually it might be more fun without it, since the game will be "more challenging".. but then again I think it won't really make a big difference.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

The bonuses for transferring S2 to S3 are even less enticing than from S1 to S2.

A few characters can have weapon levels and overall levels affected (Futch, Belle...)

And there are 2 entertaining scripts if you go from S1->S2->S3. Only 1 script if you go S2->S3. The scripts are of two particular events from the games themselves, such as the Barbarossa show-down, and the Neclord battle.

Other than those things, transferring data does nothing. You can play the game without it, get the 108 stars, etc.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yeah, the only substantial advantage would be Futch, who you could have start at level but that assumes you brought his level up substantially in suikoden 2. If he was level 99 in suikoden 2, he starts at level 75 in suikoden 3. All the other "benefits" to characters are just as easily obtained by doing the chris level 99 trick since all the other characters affected by suikoden 2 data have levels relative to the recruiter in Suikoden 3. Futch, however has fixed level at the time of recruitment, which is normally mid-40's if my memory serves me.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

So I was just thinking... do you still get the script from Suikoden if you killed Milich?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:So I was just thinking... do you still get the script from Suikoden if you killed Milich?
I thought you could only do the data transfer from previous games if you had all 108 stars. (108 in Suikoden 1 transfers to Suikoden 2, then that save with 108 stars transfers to Suikoden 3) If you killed him, you wouldn't be able to load the save.

There's a VERY HIGH chance that I'm wrong though. I remember hearing way back in the days of S2, that the file transfer required all 108 stars, but I don't remember where I heard it, or if it's even true. The same goes for S3 for that matter. I've never tested loading "non-108 star" game file.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You thought wrong. Ellie in Banner Village serves as replacement for Gremio during the McDohl quest if he wasn't resurrected.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I doubt they had enough foresight to carry over Milich's status to determine if he was killed or not for Suikoden III! The info extracted by Suikoden II probably was minimal, like whether you had all 108 SOD or not.... so Suikoden III would not be able to determine Milich's status based on what was kept in the Suikoden II save. just a guess though!
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Wouldn't the extracted data showing 108 SoD determine Milich's status though? I guess ideally it should, but as stated, the data contained in S2's save doesn't contain any of the carried over S1 data. That sucks. It would have been nice if S1's data reached all the way into S3.
PSN: FreshMetal80
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i didn't state it as a fact, just speculating
ditstheninja

Post by ditstheninja »

excuse me...
i have a problem with my save data...
i played suikoden 2 using emulator in my pc's...
how can i transferred my save data from memcards in epsxe to memcards in pcsx 2...???
please tell me if you can help me to solve my problem....

thx
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hey guys...what kind of device shall i find,in order to transfer a S2 data (with the 108 ending,and a S1 loaded data which has the 108 ending too) into S3?

I really want to play this game at it's fullest,just to collect everything,but now it's impossible because my S1 and S2 copies are PAL :|