One King embodiment of Order

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
KC_MCDOHL

One King embodiment of Order

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Ok, I might be WAY off here but just a little theory about who The One King is and why the events of Tierkreis took place.

They say the universe is expanding all the time right? So, in Suikodens' Infinity, the universe was expanding all the time: world on top of world, reality on top of reality, possibility on top of possibility. This caused an imbalance in the universe with too much Chaos. God/The One King needed more Order in the Universe to bring it back into Balance.

By fusing worlds and deminishing the size of the universe simultaneously, The One King (in the form of The Tenkai Star) was able to lessen the imbalance of Chaos and restore more Order in the Universe. Only when the correct Balance was reached - The One King was able to defeat himself in order to maintain that balance before an imbalance of Order was then caused in the universe. Make sense?

This would also relate to what we already know about Order and Chaos and Luc's vision.

Was this pretty much obvious? Or am I missing something that blows this theory out the water?
Last edited by KC_MCDOHL on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: One King embodiment of Order

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Or am I missing something that blows this theory out the water?
The rather basic fact that you're conjecturing the One King's relation to Order/Chaos based on absolutely nothing for starters.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Or am I missing something that blows this theory out the water?
The rather basic fact that you're conjecturing the One King's relation to Order/Chaos based on absolutely nothing for starters.
''The Infinity consists of confusion -- in the guise of possibility ...and chaos -- in the guise of diversity.''

''An undetermined future leads to unlimited paths, which ultimately breeds chaos. One world is the answer to these problems.''

''A beautiful and complete world, the absaloute perfection of order...''

Words spoken by The One King himself. This is the evidence I base my theory on.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

''A beautiful and complete world, the absaloute perfection of order...''
So the One King says he wants absolute order, and you think this means he's working for balance? Fair enough.

I don't really buy it. He might be the embodiment of Order, though I detest the idea to the point that if it pans out I'll give up the fandom and burn anything Suikoden related I can find, but how that would make him an agent for Balance is an iffier concept to grasp. If he is the embodiment of Order, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to want anything but complete Order.

That he would be planning to restore just enough Order to create a balance and then be able to defeat himself is rather far-fetched. That would make him an agent of balance not order.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Well, yea, trying to restore Balance rather than Order is what I should really be saying. lol sorry, it's hard to put this theory into words.

If the source of Balance is God, the force which is and controls everything, then The One King would not be an 'agent' of Balance but rather an incarnation of Balance/God. It is correct to ask that if TOK is seeking Balance, then why would he be so bent on the idea of Order and One World only? This would be beacuse he isn't Balance per se, he is just an incarnation of Balance/God with the mission of restoring Balance. Balance/God would not be able to restore Balance unless his incarnate was acting fully in the interest of restoring Order and from the standpoint of working towards One World only.

Why else would he then thank the hero and the SoD for freeing him and breaking the chain of 'Tenkai becomes The One King'? Furthermore, why was there no other planet capable of beating/breaking the chain of TOK? I believe it is because, previous to the events in Tierkreis, Balance and Order hadn't been restored enough in The Infinity.

To simplify:

There is too much Chaos in the Infinity. God wants to restore Balance. Part of God is incarnated as TOK. TOK acts and moves towards Order and One World only. TOK cannot be defeated untill enough Balance and Order is restored. He thanks our Hero for defeating him before a new imbalance was caused and too much Order prevailed. Reality can now continue forward with free-will pre-determining the future.

It does seem a bit much but I can't make sense of the story any other way - there are too many holes in the Tierkreis plot. Either that or its just poorly translated into English. Or a badly written story from the start.
Fei Wong

Post by Fei Wong »

KC_MCDOHL wrote: Why else would he then thank the hero and the SoD for freeing him and breaking the chain of 'Tenkai becomes The One King'? Furthermore, why was there no other planet capable of beating/breaking the chain of TOK? I believe it is because, previous to the events in Tierkreis, Balance and Order hadn't been restored enough in The Infinity.
Even to this very day i dont know why he was a Tenkai Star, it blowed me when in the last place you see the Tablet of promise on his castle, sooo we all know he wanted to make a one world, for the perfect order and blah blah blah, but the thing is i dont understand his personal drama, he was really a god? his boss fight forms would give that to think, but who on hell in konami tough: "oh yeah, we could make a god/monster a tenkai star and give the damn pain to the worlds"
I cant really remember that of a Tenkai becoming The Only King (here in Spain was translated like this) but then, if it was a chain, you mean that always, in a random world, a natural born Tenkai would gather up 108 stars and become king /god and start up a demonized era of consuming worlds to fuse them into a only one? so then, why always the others failed? if in past times this happened (if it was a chain it would existed more TOK's) how they prevented this? because the only one that destroys the chain is Sieg...man the head starts to heat...
Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire World!!
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

This is what I mean, it makes no sense. We are led to believe that TOK is after One World only and pure order but his personal drama, as you call it, is abviously more complex. The way I read it is that, previously, in other worlds, the only way TOK could be stoped from destroying a world was is if all the 108 stars of that world combined their power to defeat him. Doing it this way, however, would ensure that the Tenkai star then became TOK (starting the whole process over again) and the remaingin 107 stars would perish.

This begs the question, who WAS the original One King? Juding by what we know, it is safe to assume that he is some form of God or higher power. The fact that he is a Tenkai Star makes me think that his intentions are not to destroy, not to fuse worlds, not to ensure complete Order but to restore the Balance between Chaos and Order. His later words and actions almost confirm this.

The fact that other Tenkais from other worlds have, ALL of this time, failed to destroy/break the chain of TOK kind of prooves this also. Not enough Balance had been restored in the Infinity.