SuikoIII Luc and Sarah *spoiler

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Matthew McDohl

Re: SuikoIII Luc and Sarah *spoiler

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Luc is my favorite character in the whole series so far.
I understand what he was trying to do. Sure, he was going about it the wrong way, but if you think about it. If you were going to "save humanity" by killing a couple thousand people. You would be pretty secretive about it. They were trying to get the Grassland nations to war each other and when the whole damn country blew up...noone would truly know what happened. either way.

Sure, he had a crappy upbringing, but he is just like Jowy in S2. He wanted good to happen, just went about it a different way.

The thing with Albert, Luc, Sarah, and Yuber being SOD's is justified, because they were trying to shape fate for the better of humanity, just in a different way.

Which brings up the question of why wasnt Jowy an SOD in S2...

And for whomever asked about Sarah, she was born in a village in Harmonia and thought to be a witch(she was born with a water rune on her) so she was outcast and sent to the Circle Palace where Luc heard about her and he and Leknaat "rescued her" and took her to Leknaat's Palace(where ever that may be)
MAD 01-08-2004
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

@Matthew Mcdohl
couldn't agree you more about luc is similar with jowy,they had own goal but in the different way. But i didn't agree about yuber bro,he's definitely not trying to make a better of humanity,you know his goal right? Blood & Chaos everywhere! i think that isn't a "shape fate for the better of humanity" don't you think? :wink:
Chaos will suit me just fine
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

yuberluc wrote:@Matthew Mcdohl
couldn't agree you more about luc is similar with jowy,they had own goal but in the different way. But i didn't agree about yuber bro,he's definitely not trying to make a better of humanity,you know his goal right? Blood & Chaos everywhere! i think that isn't a "shape fate for the better of humanity" don't you think? :wink:

I agree and disagree with that...I mean look what Luc was fighting for...and Yuber was on his side, sure 12389242535 people would have died...but in the end they both were fighting for a better future for humanity...whether it be chaotic or orderly.
MAD 01-08-2004
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

It's true yuber was fighting on his side,but he agreed to join with luc because lucs goal was to destroy all elements true runes,which basically will the destroy the entire continents,that will bring chaos n apocalypse right?and he's very very looking forward to see that.. now where that come up with the peace & better future?

You can see they had a different purpose in sometimes sarah & yuber scene dialogue,they always pick up a fight & arguments about it(i forgot which chapter), but you can see it in Lucs Point of view story line.

Well my conclusion are,each person (albert,luc,sarah & yuber) have their true own goal & purpose.

Albert,he's want to show that HE IS the greatest tactician in the continent,he succeed his scenario from the beginning until the end of the war.. (which that makes us also like a fool to believe from the first place,THANKS ALBERT! :roll: )

Luc,all of the purpose he told us,basically he just want to destroy his rune,which it cursed him all of his life that's all (talk about an ego.. :? )

Sarah, Well this one is simple,she follows luc because she love him so much..

Yuber, CHAOS & DESTRUCTIONS to all Man kind n all continent! Bwahahahaha.. er.. sorry..
avenger

Post by avenger »

Yuber could be connected to the syndar race , (JUST A THEORY HERE) BUT let's throw that out for people to chew on....Any thoughts?
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

avenger wrote:Yuber could be connected to the syndar race , (JUST A THEORY HERE) BUT let's throw that out for people to chew on....Any thoughts?
Out of the topic hey there mate? :wink:
I think syndar have nothing go to do with yuber,beause the nation is more like an egyptian rather than hell underground thing ( :? ) definitely from the nations of armes & of course related to all true runes in the suiko world. for example like in the suiko 3,4 & 5 (1 & 2 forgot all the stories)

hey i forgot,out of the topics right?? :lol:
Teck

Post by Teck »

Just my 2 cents here but, as far as Luc/Sarah and even Yuber go, seeing as they were considered SoDs even though Luc/Sarah died, wouldn't that kind of imply that they effectively had control over the movement of fate where as the opposing forces from other games truly didn't~? What I mean is.... Even though they are dead, isn't this a real key point in the history of Suikoden as we know it~? Something that will affect the future in far more relevant ways than other wars we've seen because of the flow of destiny was guided by BOTH sides~? Or am I just grasping at straws here when I think that the tide of story flow will be drastically different once we finally get an actual SEQUEL again~?
She walks in beauty like the night, of cloudless climes and starry skies.... - Lord George Gordon Noel Byron
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Teck wrote:Just my 2 cents here but, as far as Luc/Sarah and even Yuber go, seeing as they were considered SoDs even though Luc/Sarah died, wouldn't that kind of imply that they effectively had control over the movement of fate where as the opposing forces from other games truly didn't~? What I mean is.... Even though they are dead, isn't this a real key point in the history of Suikoden as we know it~? Something that will affect the future in far more relevant ways than other wars we've seen because of the flow of destiny was guided by BOTH sides~? Or am I just grasping at straws here when I think that the tide of story flow will be drastically different once we finally get an actual SEQUEL again~?

I see what you are saying...but you have to also remember about people switching sides in the first and second games.

Also, Luc has been the same star for almost 25 years, so maybe that star slot recognized him no matter what, good or bad.

Yuber would be the contradiction to that though. However, they were trying to change fate...so I guess that would incorporate them into the mix.
MAD 01-08-2004
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

Matthew McDohl wrote:
Teck wrote: Yuber would be the contradiction to that though. However, they were trying to change fate...so I guess that would incorporate them into the mix.
Now that you mention it,that's make sense about yuber were trying to change the fate(in the wrong way) but still,it's kinda weird.. usually SOD choose from Hero's side,NOT from the villain side.. were there any villains include one of the SOD in suikoden series from all these years? i think not, Right? for Sarah,Luc & Albert are still make sense,but yuber.. well i don't know :?
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

I am in complete agreeance with The Destroyers being SODs.

The only thing I don't get is if Yuber was an SOD in 3...why ddnt that star recognize him in 1 and 2.
My other question is...Was he the same star that Pesmerga was in 1 and 2.
(I'd look but I'm on my phone typing this)

To me a SOD is someone who is changing fate for the better of human kind....

Windy wasn't
Luca wasnt
And they both knew it wasn't foe the better.
It was more for personal gain or revenge.

Luc on the other, though there is a hint of personal gain by not wanting to be a vessel anymore, was doing what he thought was good for mankind...no revenge or real personal gain.

That is kind of where I stand on that. So they shouldve been SODs...
However I still think Jowy should have been one also.
MAD 01-08-2004
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Luc on the other, though there is a hint of personal gain by not wanting to be a vessel anymore, was doing what he thought was good for mankind...no revenge or real personal gain.
So basically you're saying that Luc being a whiny prick ready to kill one million people just so he can get rid of his rune is more altruistic than Windy wanting the Soul Eater so she can destroy Harmonia, you know the country that's oppressing and enslaving people all over the place?

And when Luc says that he has hatred towards the entire world in his chapter, you feel this isn't so much an indication of a desire for revenge against said world as much as a decleration that he's going on a picnic?

So in the end, on your scale of good and evil, genocide for mostly selfish reasons is better than the removal of a fascist government for mostly selfish reasons.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
So basically you're saying that Luc being a whiny prick ready to kill one million people just so he can get rid of his rune is more altruistic than Windy wanting the Soul Eater so she can destroy Harmonia, you know the country that's oppressing and enslaving people all over the place?

And when Luc says that he has hatred towards the entire world in his chapter, you feel this isn't so much an indication of a desire for revenge against said world as much as a decleration that he's going on a picnic?

So in the end, on your scale of good and evil, genocide for mostly selfish reasons is better than the removal of a fascist government for mostly selfish reasons.

But his final goal was to save the world from the "grey" vision he saw in the Rune...I dont think he truly hated the world...
I think that was a bit of an exaggeration on his part...but oh well...

I am finishing up S2 now, and will be starting S3. Ive only played it only once and that was 5 years ago...so once I am going off of vague memory...But i thought Luc's main goal was to save the world from what he saw...even though it was killing off X amount of people. I also think the fact that he knew he was going to die plays into also. Luca and Windy wanted to live for ever being the most powerful people ever...blah blah...Luc knew deep down that he wasnt going to make it. .02
MAD 01-08-2004
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

yes but his true intension was to destroy his rune,it's kinda hard whether he's good person or bad,but from my POV it's true he truly don't hate the world (you can see sometimes he take the silent moments), i think he just don't have a choice..