SuikoIII Luc and Sarah *spoiler

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Tenko5

Re: SuikoIII Luc and Sarah *spoiler

Post by Tenko5 »

kcana wrote:I jusst realized it now...but i'm still confused. True runes grant immortality, they say. But they still die? Or true runes are just there to grant "long life" until death?

Has this already been answered? I got confused

It should be described as the power of agelessness not immortality. They can die but not of old age or other natural causes (like sickness). But if they get stabbed, slashed, crushed, impaled, blown up, drowned?, or any other forms of murder they die.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Think about this...

Mazus and Crowley died fighting each other and since they were so elite they reincarnated.

Now if you think Mazus for example was a better mage then Luc....then your sadly mistaken.

Do I think Suikoden is going to bring them back post SIII timeline, No.

Do I think its possible YES.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Tenko5 wrote:
kcana wrote:I jusst realized it now...but i'm still confused. True runes grant immortality, they say. But they still die? Or true runes are just there to grant "long life" until death?

Has this already been answered? I got confused

It should be described as the power of agelessness not immortality. They can die but not of old age or other natural causes (like sickness). But if they get stabbed, slashed, crushed, impaled, blown up, drowned?, or any other forms of murder they die.
I doubt you can kill them by those means.

How many times has the true rune protected someone from death...

Name a true rune bearer who died from getting slashed or blown up? Now a rune can abandon someone if it thinks they failed it and leave the person vulnerable to natural attacks.

Take Neclord for example...He had the moon rune and almost nothing could take him out.
All the main characters get saved my their runes at some point.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Neclord didn't get killed in Suikoden I because of his Doppelganger trick, not because of his true rune.
Interviews with the game developers and such said true rune bearers can be killed by non-natural means; just because we don't know of any true rune bearers who were killed this way (hmm what about Luc? fought to his death even with extra power taken from the other true runes) doesn't mean it can't happen. That's why they often have to be protected.
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

**********(kind of spoiler)*******************

Yeah but when Lazlo was dieing at the end of S4, Leknaat saved him too.

But what about the picture at the end of S3 that showed Leknaat with Luc and a little, kid-sized Sarah? Does that mean anything??(I got confused when I saw that)

************(End of spoiler stuff)**************
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Black knight overlord wrote:Yeah but when Lazlo was dieing at the end of S4, Leknaat saved him too.

But what about the picture at the end of S3 that showed Leknaat with Luc and a little, kid-sized Sarah? Does that mean anything??(I got confused when I saw that)
Leknaat never saved Lazlo, he survives the whole blast at the end of game because the Rune of Punishment stopped draining his life/energy.... if you don't get the Forgiveness phase, he doesn't have enough energy to survive the end.

The picture of Leknaat with Luc and Sarah was just a nice way of remembering them. it doesn't foreshadow or anything.
dkid1574

Post by dkid1574 »

Vermillion.Twilight wrote:Think about this...

Mazus and Crowley died fighting each other and since they were so elite they reincarnated.

Now if you think Mazus for example was a better mage then Luc....then your sadly mistaken.
I could be wrong, but mazus and crowley did not die. They were most likely sucked into a time rift that occured after thier powers collide. Think of it as a huge explosion that opened a black hole and suck them in :shock:

On Topic: I think Suikoden will no longer try to resurect luc and sarah.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

@Vermillion Twilight

Arshtat was stabbed by Georg.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

i think in the last suiko episode luc will ressurect,n the spirit will merge with sasarai,, (since their both are twins n have sumtin in common kinda spirit way..)
n sasarai will have 2 true rune embed in his arms.. (Earth n Wind), i know this is imposible since human just capable of 1 true rune in their body.. but.. Hey!
nothing is imposible right if that crazy woman kawano may have a glintch in her head ^^.. n Sasaluc will Punish the Evil Hikusaak!

well base from my speculation,Hikusaak is the The Real Deal! i mean he's the final boss that we have to fight in the last episode of suikoden series..
i dunno just suspicious bout that dude.. (well speculation though.. please don't scold or attack me...) \m/
Chaos will suit me just fine
avenger

Post by avenger »

i too believe that sasarai is up to something. and i would like to see him have those runes.. that'd be something to recon with.. and during game play perhaps we will see sasarai have mental illusions from past suikoden games. let me show you.

illusion one, luc helping tir. why did leknaat let the rebels use my brother?
illusion two luc again assists the rebels. damb leknaat continueing to influence my brother..
illusion three luc departs and plans his journey. what have you done luc? sasarai will have a conversation with ghost luc about luc's plots in suikoden 3.
illusion four ghost luc will help sasarai in controlling the wind rune after hero and party defeat sasarai the first time.
final illusion luc will prepare and glow next to sasarai in the final battle
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

Suddenly u become a sidekick ey avenger? hehehe...

actually i'm hoping that sasarai see the true purpose of leknaat of taking luc with her,
she helped luc NOT kidnaped him,,,coz after all this time sasarai always blame leknaat for kidnaped luc n thought gave him a bad influence to luc.. which she didn't..

Leknaat is not kinda parents type (she powerful mage btw.. so whaddya expect? hehe)she just teached him to be a powerfull mage.. so that's why luc emotion n characteristic so cold & un-matured in suikoden 1,2,3.. especially in suiko 3,in suiko3 showed that he have more prblms,more negativity attitude coz of the vision from the true wind rune that effect so much to luc,, all he need was just a lot of friends, who give him love n care like ordinary human does.. which he didn't had from leknaat, so i feel so sory for him. so don't think that leknaat is a bad person or villain. she just control the balance of the rune.. (sheessh such a robot lady who have no feelings.. ) :|
avenger

Post by avenger »

Sometimes you have to examine the bad side of things , to totally reveal the whole story.
Luc was actually not a bad guy. He got fed up with helping the goodie too shus, S1, S2, that he just wanted to tell his story, and see what he could do..

Sasarai and Luc, probably will be back. When, we don't know but their book is not closed yet.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Just because Luc had a rough lot in life did not give him the right to kill millions of people. I agree that seeing his side of the story allowed us to sympathize with him, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a bad guy. Disregard for life makes you bad, no matter what your reasons are.
avenger

Post by avenger »

Yes, that most certainly makes a person evil, but i just think he deserved better.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

Iesous wrote:Just because Luc had a rough lot in life did not give him the right to kill millions of people. I agree that seeing his side of the story allowed us to sympathize with him, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a bad guy. Disregard for life makes you bad, no matter what your reasons are.
I Agreed with u.. he just has immature personality,, the way he act,think n to resolve problems.. Just like i said, he didn't have that kind of love or attention since he was a child, no friends, no family, just robot teacher(peace leknaat..^^) that's why he solve his problems by his own ways(in whutever neccesary..) in this case sumtimes i blame leknaat for it.. If she stop luc in first place, things would never get happened.. but i think leknaat was testing luc,all she wanted to see that luc also have a soul n heart..