Mathiu Silverberg, Bad stratagist or the worst stratagist

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
snakebite105

Re: Mathiu Silverberg, Bad stratagist or the worst stratagist

Post by snakebite105 »

exo wrote:@snakebite105:
what about the ice boat?
have you any comment on Vextor points?
I say that one is pretty good argument.
I had forgotten about that part but there was still the other half of the argument when I said it would have been better to let sonya come to them.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I would like to make it a point that i never called you a single name, nor insulted you. I argued with you, then told you why i will not argue with you further, and i will not. You chose to take my words as insults, but i can guarantee you i have NEVER called ANYONE a small minded simpleton. As a matter of fact, til this point i'm relatively sure i've never used the word simpleton.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I would like to make it a point that i never called you a single name, nor insulted you. I argued with you, then told you why i will not argue with you further, and i will not. You chose to take my words as insults, but i can guarantee you i have NEVER called ANYONE a small minded simpleton. As a matter of fact, til this point i'm relatively sure i've never used the word simpleton.
It was an exaggeration. Its implied.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I had forgotten about that part but there was still the other half of the argument when I said it would have been better to let sonya come to them.
And again, why would Sonya come out of her fortress...?
exo

Post by exo »

Antimatzist wrote:
So Tir and his gang win the battle much easier... :lol:

Back to topic:
No, seriously, If Sonya decided to step out side the fortress, It'll make Mathiu's job much easier.
Lure her as far as possible or at least keep her busy as long as possible, have another company of chosen elites to take the fortress while Sonya taking the bait. Less casualties probability.
Scenario like these happens quite often for Generals who refuse to strengthen their position in siege situation.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Antimatzist wrote:
You can't just do nothing during the war. Why would she stay in there? She would have to make a move at some point.

The story didn't say that she was in her fort because she was scared or wanted a defensive advantage. She was in her fort because the Liberation army was on the offensive.

Why she didn't come out of her fortress? who knows. Technicly within the game itself the game only took place in the course of about half a year. We're only told later through developer commentary that its been 2 years.

The point is that shes in a war you don't just do nothing in a war.
What if Barbossa had been killed already? what if they cut the supplies to the fortress and forced everyone to starve to death. I doubt they had the forsite or land to start a farm in their castle. Tir on the otherhand had land on his island and 2 farmers. (though one was technicly a gardner.)

Sonya's army count not have been self sufficant because of how big her fortress was to the island she was on.

Cut supplies or force her to attack.
exo

Post by exo »

snakebite105 wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:
What if Barbossa had been killed already?

@Snakey: are you sure you don't prefer baseless claims and wild accusations anymore? :lol:

I'm pretty sure Sonya was fighting to prevent the Liberation Army to get to Barbarossa in Gregminster.
So she knew the boss isn't slayed yet.
If Sonya ever move out of her fortress, the battle will be finished faster.
I do think its better to delay the Liberation Army advance rather than fasten things up.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Why would she stay in there? She would have to make a move at some point.
Why? She could have wait for the LiberationA rmy to crumble, I mean at some point the revolutionists would lose the trust of the people and the Empire wins. And the Liberation Army has the City-State in its back more or less, so they are under somewhat of a trime pressure.

Sonya, on the other hand, just needs to defend the capital. If she would go out on the offense she would be an easy prey.
exo

Post by exo »

Antimatzist wrote:
Why would she stay in there? She would have to make a move at some point.
Why? She could have wait for the Liberation Army to crumble, I mean at some point the revolutionists would lose the trust of the people and the Empire wins. And the Liberation Army has the City-State in its back more or less, so they are under somewhat of a trime pressure.

Sonya, on the other hand, just needs to defend the capital. If she would go out on the offense she would be an easy prey.
Oh, and there's Sanchez.
Did Mathiu knew about him and pretend not to, can't remember.
Anyone here remembers?
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

We should also keep in mind that it was the first game.
So he wasn't giving as much time to shine as Shu in SII.
And he wasn't annoying over-praised and 'OMG YOU'RE SUCH A GENIUS' like Lucr-whatshername in SV.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
exo

Post by exo »

RangerDeon wrote:We should also keep in mind that it was the first game.
And he wasn't annoying over-praised and 'OMG YOU'RE SUCH A GENIUS' like Lucr-whatshername in SV.
Its Lucretia Merces...
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

exo wrote:
RangerDeon wrote:We should also keep in mind that it was the first game.
Its Lucretia Merces...
Yeaaaaah, I know. ..

The refusal of saying her name was my slick way of saying "Ugh I hate you and your guts so I won't even give you the publicity by saying your name. . .jerk."

You know how it is, mate.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

RangerDeon wrote:Yeaaaaah, I know. ..

The refusal of saying her name was my slick way of saying "Ugh I hate you and your guts so I won't even give you the publicity by saying your name. . .jerk."

You know how it is, mate.
Lol.

I'd say something more to the point, but everyone else is doing such a good job i can keep my big mouth shut!

Quote shortened, please see rules regarding quoting - Op
exo

Post by exo »

I'm just pulling your legs...
Out of all the strategists, she's the weirdest IMO, style wise...
As if you let one of those narcissist team to be a strategist...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The only way the Liberation Army could have "cut off supplies" to Sheserazade would have been through Kwaba Fortress, but the whole purpose of attacking Sheserazade was to avoid having to lay siege on Kwaba fortress, so that wouldn't happen for sure.

Sonya basically had to stay in Sheserazade and defend that fortress in order to make sure Gregminster is kept secure. The only way to get to Gregminster would have been through her fortress or through Kwaba, and apparently Kwaba was too difficult to go through according to Mathiu.