How could Luca fight wounded against 18 characters?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: How could Luca fight wounded against 18 characters?

Post by Icegryphon »

Sephiroth's character design was very unimaginative, as I said. He's a tall dude with black clothing and a big sword. Kefka looked like an insane clown which was very creepy. Obviously this is a matter of opinion (on Kefka, not Sephiroth).

Sephiroth's desire was to destroy the world. Kefka's desire was to become a God and take the world over, to rule it. These are about the same as far as sinister goals go.

Sephiroth's reasoning behind what he wanted to do was that his mommy wanted it done so he wanted to do it too. Not the best reasoning really. Kefka just wanted power...something all humans want.

Anyway, it's mostly opinion based I guess.

So anyway back to the matter at hand. Luca...He was actually kind of a combination of Sephiroth and Kefka. He is big, buff, powerful, but at the same time absolutely insane. He wanted to kill lots of people, but only the weak, and ultimately he wanted to rule the world. His reasoning was...he was controlled by the beast rune. You do have to wonder what it would have been like if he had had the beast rune, and since he didn't, how he got so powerful to begin with?

Could you imagine a game where you got to play as Luca? Perhaps when he was younger? That'd be very interesting.

Anyone know what happened to the beast rune when you destroyed it's physical manifestation? Would be interesting if it reared its ugly head in a future suikoden.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
exo

Post by exo »

Um, I'm pretty sure this thread is about Luca so...

Luca is a poor kid, driven by insanity over a sad and tragic turn of life.
I pitied him at the same time I hate him, plenty of mixed feelings.
He could've been a different person if that "incident" never happened.
He could've been an ordinary royal prince without the ability to beat 18 elites while wounded.
He could've been the only child of Agares Blight (um, actually he is, Jillia is not Agares daughter, biologically).

On the other hand, I would like to strangle Alec Wisemail and Darell with my own hands.
"I would like to exact a swift and divine retribution to them and dispose their bodies in a nearby river."
Sadly, they already bite the dust before Riou's story started.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Where in the game did it state the whole mother raping thing in luca's backstory.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Well if it doesn't state it anywhere or in any bios what Luca says during the point where Jowy is officialy knighted and engaged to Jillia, that after Agraes falls during his dying words he utters the words Sarah... and Luca absoultley flips (nothing new) but it does seem that praticular subject hits Luca in a spot where swords and magic could never hit. So its fair to say, again I'm not sure if it actually does say what happen to Luca's mother, that something more horrible than a natural death happened to Luca's mother. In segway, that alone plus Luca's natural thirst for combat is enough fuel to allow one to fight wounded against 18 characters.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
exo

Post by exo »

PS one Suikoden's has difficult time in describing every details of characters stories, its to be expected from old consoles IMO.
But its hinted aplenty.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

exo wrote:PS one Suikoden's has difficult time in describing every details of characters stories, its to be expected from old consoles IMO.
But its hinted aplenty.
To me the whoe rape thing unless thers some evidence to back it up i can only assume its fanfiction. Just like anything to do with Rowd's "Sister" being blind.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
exo

Post by exo »

If I'm not mistaken, I believe there's an official statements about the Blight family somewhere...
Couldn't remember where in the net it was...
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

exo wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I believe there's an official statements about the Blight family somewhere...
How "Offical" are we talkin here?

theres only a handful of good suikoden sites out there the top 2 in my opinion are this and Suikox.

and everything basicly just copy an pastes info from these sites. what i'm saying is if this small comunity sees something then everyones gonna have it everywhere. Unless the creators themselves make the bios that appear on the web theres a good chance that the information may be off. I've noticed a few things on this site alone, still a really really good site but my point is they didn't make it then fanfiction may get in the way of storytelling alot in this series. alot of 3rd party info gets thrown in the mix.

For example Rowd's sister is the current topic i'm looking around for right now and theres no real info stating that they're related. She could be the sister of some generic dead solider for all we know but because she's gone later in the story and Rowd was the only other person with a name from that town then everyone assumes theres a relation it could just be a development error. Its all just assumed knowledge.
exo

Post by exo »

snakebite105 wrote:
exo wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I believe there's an official statements about the Blight family somewhere...
How "Offical" are we talkin here?

theres only a handful of good suikoden sites out there the top 2 in my opinion are this and Suikox.

and everything basicly just copy an pastes info from these sites. what i'm saying is if this small comunity sees something then everyones gonna have it everywhere. Unless the creators themselves make the bios that appear on the web theres a good chance that the information may be off. I've noticed a few things on this site alone, still a really really good site but my point is they didn't make it then fanfiction may get in the way of storytelling alot in this series. alot of 3rd party info gets thrown in the mix.

For example Rowd's sister is the current topic i'm looking around for right now and theres no real info stating that they're related. She could be the sister of some generic dead solider for all we know but because she's gone later in the story and Rowd was the only other person with a name from that town then everyone assumes theres a relation it could just be a development error. Its all just assumed knowledge.
I said I could be mistaken didn't I?
That means: I'm not so sure, can't remember the exact location of the statements.
And this thread is supposed to talk on how Luca hold of 18 elites.
Not about Rowd.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

I mentioned the Rowd thing to beef up my own point. not going off topic on his lifestory.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

in game in Suiko 2, Luca says to Jillia, : "He's not even your father". Or something like that.

Unfortunately i dont have screenshot. I'll try to get it. But no promise. I've been so busy lately.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
exo

Post by exo »

veriaqa wrote:in game in Suiko 2, Luca says to Jillia, : "He's not even your father". Or something like that.

Unfortunately i dont have screenshot. I'll try to get it. But no promise. I've been so busy lately.
Ya, that's one of the hint on what happened to the Blight family...
But still a vague one...
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

exo wrote:
veriaqa wrote:in game in Suiko 2, Luca says to Jillia, : "He's not even your father". Or something like that.

But still a vague one...
But that doesn't mean rape. that just implies that there was adultry.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

snakebite105 wrote:
exo wrote:

But still a vague one...
But that doesn't mean rape. that just implies that there was adultry.
The information on Luca's mother's rape comes from one of the Genso Shinso (sp?) volumes. These are officially released by Konami and are canon to the plot of the games.
exo

Post by exo »

@Lemmy Claypool:
Oh, thanks...
Never played that games though, did you mean Genso Suikogaiden?

So let me get this straight..., Luca's mother get raped by bandit hired by Darrel and his gang of rotten Jowston leaders. Luca went mad. Han save Luca and his mother. Luca goes berserk and kill of the rest of escaped bandit. Jillia is not Agares Blight's daughter. Which explained why Luca said "He's not even your father" to Jillia after he kill Agares.
Is this right?

Continuing the topic:
Out of his sheer madness, Luca gains godly resolve to wipe out thousand of lives...