Which game is most memorable to you?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Lord Awesomeguy

Which game is most memorable to you?

Post by Lord Awesomeguy »

I have a wondeful (to me at least) story that I would like to share.

Imagine, if you would, the following:

A cold December 07, 2008 evening in Big Lake MN. Our puppy is fast asleep over the living room vent, for which he has a strange affiliation. My wife is standing in the kitchen honing her culinary skills, i.e. making herself a sandwhich. I'm sitting in the living room on a late Sunday evening working on the last 3/4 of Suikoden V.

Sunday evenings are typically dull and dreary; an exercise in tedium and bordem as the impending work week looms on the horizon.

I'm at the part in the game where you have to rescue the baby dragons from the evil bad guys who wish to do them great harm. Upon leaving the cave in which the afformentioned baby dragons reside, I enter a battle with two of the assassins. Normally, this battle would have played out like countless others before it...which equates to George Prime running around the screen furiously killing all he can see. Then, from the kitchen, eleven of the most memorable words I've ever heard capture my attention.

"Either I just pee'd my pants, or my water just broke!" exclaimed my wife.

Fourteen hours later, our daughter Eliana was born.

My wife was due a week before. I was expecting it to happen at any moment. Fortunately, I had time to save the game before rushing off to the hospital.

Now, while this may not be the most exciting story to some, it is definitely memorable to me. So much so, in fact, that I doubt the memories of the evening will ever escape me.

With that said, do any of you have memorable stories involving video games?
Coach McGuirk: "This sausage is probably eighteen years old... This sausage could vote. It could go to war and die for its country."
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: Which game is most memorable to you?

Post by Icegryphon »

Okay, anyone who isn't excited by that is not a human being. I have no kids and don't really plan to have any but lordy dude, that's fantastic.

I'm not even going to try to attempt to say anything interesting because nothing can top that.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I love the fact that you said that you had time to save the game before going to the hosiptal, thats priceless. I too don't have a story to top that but all I can say is SII is most memorable because I'm currently playing it again, so its the most recent.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Lord Awesomeguy

Post by Lord Awesomeguy »

I had time to save the game thanks to what I thought was extreme over preparation on the part of my wife.

We had our hospital bags packed several weeks prior to D-day. It looked like the baby was going to be born in mid-November (on my birthday no less).

I seem to remember promptly starting her vehicle, after the infamous kitchen scene occured, while she spent some time on the phone with a few nurses. I had my laptop open but everything else was packed and ready. It came down to the wire but everything got packed, the game got saved, and the baby was born fourteen hours later.

What about the rest of you? SOMEONE has to have a strong memory tied to a videogame....
Coach McGuirk: "This sausage is probably eighteen years old... This sausage could vote. It could go to war and die for its country."
R_C_Cola2001

Post by R_C_Cola2001 »

This was sometime in '94, if I recall correctly. Maybe '95 but whatever. I'm sitting on my couch, playing FF6 again. My sister was lounging around bored. I plow through South Figaro with Locke on my way to get Celes, and I notice that for the first time my sister seems a bit interested. Anyways, I pick up Celes, and clear through the hidden room, behind the clock, and the scene where Celes asks Locke why he's helping her, and she throws her little attitude at him, proud soldier that she is. My sister sees this, and leaps on me. "Give me the paddle, I wanna try". Shes been hooked to my hobbies since then. In fact, she used the name Celes in our DnD campaigns so long, that this past holiday season I finally made her character a God for our setting, and banned her from ever using the name again.

That day is so memorable, because she truly became my best friend since that day.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

I think Suikoden I and V is the most memorable because it has the most story in it.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!