[Dead] Suikoden Game for RMXP

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Jack of All Trades

Re: Suikoden Game for RMXP off to a great start

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Now is a good time to talk about what we are looking for right now. We are always looking for people with rpg maker experience of any kind. We are also looking for artists of all kinds, especially those of the digital variety. We are currently seeking animators. Our composer is plugging away at the main theme right now and we'd like to make an opening movie to go along with it.

We are working on our website right now and we'd like to get some more banners and artwork to go up on our site.

I have an idea. I love to get people involved in the game. We are working on the sovereign rune as we speak. In addition to the sovereign rune we are going to create a number of child runes to go along with it, some of which will be weilded by stars of destiny. I'd like to give you guys a chance to draw these runes for our game. If anybody sumbits an image that can top Austin's we'll use it. PM me if you have an art concept you'd like to share with us.

I suppose I should talk about the general idea behind this True Rune family we are creating. The Sovereign Rune is basically the king rune of the family and it imposes its will over fate to make its bearer the monarch of its nation. The idea behind the sovereign rune family is that as a family the runes have a lot of intermingled drama. They use fate into manipulating thier bearers into making war against one another.

We are giving the Sovereign Rune family a chess theme, except we are mixing some of the modern an ancient versions of chess to fit in better with the Suikoden World. The idea behind this rune family is that it is constantly at war with itself. We'll be using the Sovereign Rune as the king, instead of a queen we'll be going back to the vizier aka the tactician, The Rook is going to be more of a Ruhk which is persian for chariot, the knight will remain a knight, and the Bishop will still be a bishop.

I'll give more information on this soon.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Since I haven't really expressed my opinion on this yet, just thought I'd say I'm really looking forward to this game Jack, hope you and your team pull it off!
Jack of All Trades

So I wanted to get some opinions. I just finished up a story arch that moves into the most Southern reaches of Scarlet Moon, right up to the "Kooluk" border. When I was righting it I realized that maybe not everybody hates Suikoden IV & Tactics. There really isn't much I can do with it. Suikoden Tactics sewed up the plot holes of Suikoden IV rather nicely. I can go into the fate of the Kooluk Empire a little bit but thats about it.

What I can do is bring back a few characters. I'm not actually planning on making them usable as of right now but who knows maybe somebody will change my mind. Out of all of the characters from Suikoden IV & Tactics only Lazlo, Simeon, and Kyril could possibly still be living. Out of those three characters the only one I'd really even bother with would be Simeon but who knows.

What do you guys think? Does anybody care about Suikoden IV, its plot, characters, or spin offs?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah! Maybe you can use Simeon as a trader in a Rune Shop.. lol :D

Or maybe you can create a character who is a descendant of the Kooluk nobility (i.e. Corselia's grand-grandchildren or so)

But it's nice that you'll explore the southern border, too.
Jack of All Trades

Theres one person who actually likes the idea of a little Suikoden Tactics in his Gaishi. Is anybody else in agreement? Any naysayers?

Personally, I feel that Lazlo somehow manages to have less personality then all of the other Silent Protagonists, even in Tactics when he's not entirely silent.

I hate Kyril's English voice so much I want to put deafen myself with Q-tips. I remember when I saw his body on the cover, I was all like wow, the main character is a full grown man, crazy. But when you here is voice after he hits puberty, you quickly realize that he's nothing more than an undeveloped man child. As a character I don't mind him but his role in the plot makes no sense whatsoever.

Finally, I actually like Simeon. I like effeminate characters. I'm really thinking about cutting Hortez VI and using Simeon as our scroll guy instead, or I may move my stars around and use him somewhere else...
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Or you give one character living in Southern SME "Bergman" as a last name as he is the descendant of Andarc and Seneca...
Jack of All Trades

Honestly that's not a bad idea. What other last names from Suikoden & Tactics are floating around other then En Kuldes?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Jack of All Trades wrote:Honestly that's not a bad idea. What other last names from Suikoden & Tactics are floating around other then En Kuldes?
I think En Kuldes, Reinbach, Vingerhut (Snowe) and Bergman (Andarc) are the only last-names from these games...
Jack of All Trades

Well, Reinbach goes without saying, but I truely despised Snowe. I just don't see the Vingerhut's going beyond Razril.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Given his personality after the Liberation War, it's doubtful Snowe pass on his family name in such remarkable manner. The larger Vingerhut clan may still exist in Gaien though. Similar issue with Corselia's descendants, considering she literally left the Kooluk Empire to its demise.

You can always add En Kuldes and one of the Egan people in, if you are willing to go further south into the Island Nations' waters.
Personally, I feel that Lazlo somehow manages to have less personality then all of the other Silent Protagonists, even in Tactics when he's not entirely silent.
That's hard to believe, considering how talkative he was in Tactics, when taking into account all the different talks he had with his old crew. They are all optional though, so I'm not surprised that one would still hold this kind of impression.
I hate Kyril's English voice so much I want to put deafen myself with Q-tips. I remember when I saw his body on the cover, I was all like wow, the main character is a full grown man, crazy. But when you here is voice after he hits puberty, you quickly realize that he's nothing more than an undeveloped man child. As a character I don't mind him but his role in the plot makes no sense whatsoever.
English VAs are massive fail in nearly everything localised from Japan, so I don't see it as a fair ground to use against Kyril's character.
Jack of All Trades

Very true statements Patapi. I actually kind of like Kyril, if I turn the sound off. I was just talking smack about his voice. I haven't yet triggered many of Lazlo's conversations, so I could very well be wrong.

I'm not going much further then the Scarlet Moon Border. I have considered going into Kanakan for an easter egg style side-quest but I think we are looking at Black Dragon Island instead. But I digress, I think the only characters I can squeeze out of this game are a Kyril, Lazlo, Simeon, and a new character with the last name Bergman. I could force a Vingerhut but I'd rather not force anything. Schtoltheim Reinbach VIII is possible but I'm really sitting well with Narcissists right now (Milich, Vincent, Simone, etc)
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Antimatzist wrote:
Jack of All Trades wrote:Honestly that's not a bad idea. What other last names from Suikoden & Tactics are floating around other then En Kuldes?
I think En Kuldes, Reinbach, Vingerhut (Snowe) and Bergman (Andarc) are the only last-names from these games...
Add to that the surname Cott of Katarina and Glen's. Interesting to see someone from the blood of honorable knight leaders.

Someone from Graham Cray's blood should do good as well but his child has died. Maybe a brother, nephew or a farther relative. Didn't we have no word of his death or survival at SIV? Although yeah, it's obvious.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Jack of All Trades

Runemaster wrote:Someone from Graham Cray's blood should do good as well but his child has died. Maybe a brother, nephew or a farther relative. Didn't we have no word of his death or survival at SIV? Although yeah, it's obvious.
Funny you mention it Nicolai Cray is one of the stars of destiny. He is one of the most involved optional characters. Nicolai links the Cray family into some of the most major plot points in the Suikoden Universe. With effects that spiderweb retroactively from Suikoden 1, 2, 3, and Suikogaishi Vol. 1 & 2.

I'll add Cott to the list of potential descendants.
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

This sounds so awesome! I'm excited. :D

Umm, if you're looking for artists, I like to draw and paint.. I've been doing mostly portraits recently. I have an account on deviantart.com. http://chimoustar.deviantart.com/gallery/

It's not great but let me know if I can help at all.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

This is probably going to be a wasted post, but you're including Kreutz among the opposing army in this game, right?

I really like Kreutz for some reason and would like to see him fleshed out a bit more.

EDIT: Also I just checked the character list and I see Kahn Marley. That's pretty awesome, but how old is Kahn? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to use his father? Or has he already been killed by Neclord?

I mention this because Viktor doesn't know Kahn when they meet in Suikoden 2. Them both being Stars of Destiny here kind of messes with that. I really do like the idea of using one of the Marley clan though.