Icegryphon wrote:Definitely not Luca...as Lucia didn't show up in Highland until King Jowy gave them a chance.
Definitely not Viktor...don't we have theories about him and Anabelle being Edge's parents?
Badeaux? I really doubt some random stupid character that does absolutely nothing for the story is his father.
Hans? I guess it's possible but there's not a shred of proof. The only thing supporting this is that he happened to be in the same place at the same time as Lucia...and then died right after.
Georg? Same as Hans, they happened to be around the same place at the same time, but I really don't see that being probable at all.
I'd say the best choices are Beechum or Jimba or possibly Jowy. She definitely dug on Jowy a lot and was around him, and when you kill her in an army battle she says something like "Beechum, I'm sorry..." and when you die I'm sure your love is who comes to your mind. And the reason Jimba is possible is because he looks like a lighter version of Hugo...even wears his sword the same (although this could just be that he taught Hugo combat for whatever reason...or cause he's the father).
So outside of Iceygryphon here it looks like most of you are factoring the 7 known variables of Hugo's Father. We know these variables are accurate because they are stated in game, or by the developers who've made the game.
Here they are again as presented by Abyss:
1. He's Older than Lucia.
2. He has black hair.
-Beechum and Jimba do not quallify.
3. He's Strong.
-I'd like to rule people but Lucia's meaning of the word "strong" could be figurative.
4. He's Kind.
-This rules Luca out.
5. He's Honorable.
-Luca's out even more.
6. He was in Dunan during the Unification War.
-this is almost a non point since we can't really prove that anybody wasn't in Dunan, just because we could not see them doesn't mean they are not there.
7. He is somebody we've seen before.
These 7 variables rule out almost everybody except for Han Cunningham, Viktor, Georg Prime, Badeaux, and Shin.
Lets examine each of these 5 characters in detail.
1. Han Cunningham: the only argument that we have seen against Han was by myself and it was because of his age. However, this is a non argument as many Women are attracted to older powerful men of status. I don't care if you ARE twenty years old, Han Cunningham is like catching Bruce Willis. As it stands Han is the most likely cantidate.
2. Viktor: Lets pretend Edge is his bastard child. Does that men that Viktor has lost interest in other women, does that make his seed less potent? Come on, there are tons of guys with multiple kids out there. Also, can you not see Vitkor taking a break from his grief over Annabelle in the throws of a young lover? Finally, read that speculation, its basically executor of balance is the only person who honestly believes that it's possible. The only Criteria that Viktor does not meet is that he IS a kind man, instead of WAS a kind man. Some say that this implies that Hugo's Pops is no longer among the living and while that may be true, WAS a kind man could simply mean that Viktor WAS a kind man to her that one night in the jail cell before she took his jail cell keys from him and escaped.
3. Georg Prime: There is no reason Georg cannot be Hugo's father. He meets every single criteria perfectly. However, there are some great speculative criteria that I mentioned earlier that make him less likely than Viktor and Han.
4. Badeaux: Same as Georg, I can't really say he's not but I can prove that he is less likely then the above three.
5. Shin: Shin's circumstances are teh same as the two men above him in the list except that he is very much in love with Theresa, who unlike Viktor's love Annabelle is still breathing. Making him less likely to have gotten it on with her but not by much.
6. Tir McDohl: Same as teh above but he is more likely then the above three cantidates.
There are a few speculative criteria that don't rule out any of the characters but increase a few characters probability of being Hugo's Father.
1. True Rune compatiblity is genetic. This isn't entirely proven but we can see that Hikusaak's genes are capable of bearing a number of True Runes. Also, the Falenan Royal family's retention of the Sun Rune, Chis being able to bear Jimba's True Flowing Rune all go a long way to proving this theory. If Hugo is able to bare a true rune then his father is likely to be able to as well.
-This puts both Han, Tir, and to a lesser extent Viktor (who doesn't actually bear the Night Rune) miles ahead of the other three cantidates.
2. Looks are genetic. Hugo is a giant kid with wild hair and dark skin. I've heard that Viktor is a giant man with dark skin and wild hair. If Viktor is a bear then Hugo is a bear cub.
-Viktor's probability shoots up here. Shin's skin moves him up a bit.
3. Personality is genetic. There is much debate about cell memory, and behavioral disorders out there that seem to indicate that certain personality traits are genetic as well. In many works of fiction this is definitely the case. Suikoden is no exception. Hugo tends to be aggressive, rash, naive.