[Info] Suikoden available at PlayStation Store (PSP, PS3)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: [Info] Suikoden Coming To PlayStation Store (PSP, PS3)

Post by Icegryphon »

Sounds good...how do i log into the playstation network from my PSP? I've never done it before and I haven't even gotten on my PSP in about 6 months.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The PSP should have a PSN connection icon from the XMB. Not sure if it actually gives you access to the store (haven't tried it on my PSP yet) but there's definitely a better solution.

By going to the PSN Store's PC website (http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/mediamanager) you can download a program that can connect to the PC/PSP store and get the game from there.
Formerly known as: Gothann
lungfish

Re: Suikoden Coming To PlayStation Store (PSP, PS3)

Post by lungfish »

amelia108 wrote:
Runemaster wrote:So... is there any improvement/s/ changes from the original???
zero. it's a direct port. it's not terribly expensive either though ($5.99 US).
the graphics are most definitely enhanced. at least the original Suikoden I PS1 disc is.
i didn't download the PSN version but I'm assuming it's the same as the original on the PS3.
i just bought a PS3 yesterday was pleasantly surprised to do Suikoden is such great quality.
the lettering and sprites are clearer and the colors are more vibrant.
almost like playing the game all over again.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That could easily just be that the PS3 has higher resolutions and if you're using an HDMI cable it is just crisper graphics.

One way to tell is if anyone has the disc and also bought it a second time on the PSN. They could put in the disc and see how it looks and then play the downloaded version to compare.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

LanceHeart wrote:The PSP should have a PSN connection icon from the XMB. Not sure if it actually gives you access to the store (haven't tried it on my PSP yet) but there's definitely a better solution.

By going to the PSN Store's PC website (http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/mediamanager) you can download a program that can connect to the PC/PSP store and get the game from there.
I just downloaded the program, and it had directions for transferring the file from a PS3 to a PSP. However, I don't have a PS3, but given that I can access the store on that program, would I be able to xfer the game from my PC to the PSP with a USB cable? I want to make sure it will work before I pay for the game- anyone tried it yet?
wilikas

Post by wilikas »

Please tell me if i'm wrong, but i'm almost certain you cannot obtain Suikoden I from PSN in Australia, I have searched several times. I hope i'm wrong :(
Celes
Global Admin

Re: [Info] Suikoden available at PlayStation Store (PSP, PS3)

Post by Celes »

Old news. Topic released.