[FAQ] How to run faster/where to get: Godspeed Talisman

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

[FAQ] How to run faster/where to get: Godspeed Talisman

Post by KFCrispy »

The Godspeed Talisman is an accessory that significantly speeds up your walking speed when one of your active party members has it equipped.

It can be found in the Coastal Cove's "third floor", immediately after you complete your first mission into the Cove. It is a purplish area you can reach by stepping on the middle geyser. Normally you will go up to a blue area that leads to the first mission's objective, but when it's available you should automatically be in the new purple area (stepping back into the hole takes you to the lower blue area).

>> I have read that many people think it's accessible "when the Lake forms" because different areas change/shift, but I just got it! After befriending the porposkin, I took a quest mission to protect them and watched the events unfold. I then headed back into the cave to train my characters and ended up finding that "second floor".

>> You can also find a Lazuli Spear there. It is very powerful, especially if you pick it up as early as I did.

Also, after recruiting Tsaubern, you will automatically move as if the Godspeed Talisman were equipped, but he is a late-game recruit.
Miklotov

Re: [FAQ] How to run faster/where to get: Godspeed Talisman

Post by Miklotov »

I actually just picked up the talisman and I was going to make a post about it..I wasn't sure if I missed this the first time up there for the beads or if it was available after but they make life soooo much easier
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm sure you can't get it on the first visit, just not sure what triggers it to become available... maybe it was already available after completing the mission to befriend the Porposkin, or it became available after taking the quest to defend the Porspokin from the Order (which lets you meet Dromon, Felecca, and Xebec)
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

One thing to note: Equip it on any character and you can ditch them and still run fast.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Other thing of note: The Godspeed Talisman has no stats whatsoever. It's basically a "sacrifice this equipment slot for a control change you should've had from the start" sort of thing. I'll have to mini-rant and say they should've learned that when they were prepping Suikoden for its PSN release...
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Falenan_descent wrote:One thing to note: Equip it on any character and you can ditch them and still run fast.
that's AWESOME! i was permanently sticking it to Hero...
Id`

Post by Id` »

KFCrispy wrote:i'm sure you can't get it on the first visit, just not sure what triggers it to become available... maybe it was already available after completing the mission to befriend the Porposkin, or it became available after taking the quest to defend the Porspokin from the Order (which lets you meet Dromon, Felecca, and Xebec)
I think the exact time you can get it is when porposkin city moved above the coastal cave.. The city was below coastal cave when you go there the first time..
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

LanceHeart wrote:Other thing of note: The Godspeed Talisman has no stats whatsoever. It's basically a "sacrifice this equipment slot for a control change you should've had from the start" sort of thing. I'll have to mini-rant and say they should've learned that when they were prepping Suikoden for its PSN release...
And cheapen Stallion/Cedric/Cathari's characters in the process? No wai.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

KFCrispy wrote:
Falenan_descent wrote:One thing to note: Equip it on any character and you can ditch them and still run fast.
that's AWESOME! i was permanently sticking it to Hero...
Err, I just tested this: You can have it on someone who's in your party, but it won't work if it's on someone who's in your reserve. I've gone back to sticking it on Hero and making him wear a shield to make up for the lost defense.
patapi wrote:
LanceHeart wrote:Other thing of note: The Godspeed Talisman has no stats whatsoever. It's basically a "sacrifice this equipment slot for a control change you should've had from the start" sort of thing. I'll have to mini-rant and say they should've learned that when they were prepping Suikoden for its PSN release...
And cheapen Stallion/Cedric/Cathari's characters in the process? No wai.
Well, at least you can sorta run on-screen starting from Suikoden 2. The only advantage to those three was basically being able to run on the world map, which Tierkreis doesn't even have.

In fact, Tierkreis doesn't seem to have a natural born runner to negate the requirement of the talisman.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Lance I also just tested it and you're right, it doesn't seem to work.
btw, I'm playing the EU version, if it makes the difference.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it does seem to work when i have it equipped on a non-party member... it seems to be exactly the same.

id: no, the porposkin city doesn't have to move anywhere. as i mentioned, you can get it immediately after first meeting the pirates which is a quest that is available right after befriending the porposkin and well before any landscape changes.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Runemaster, I'm using the NA version (only three languages: English, French, Spanish).

Just tested it once again with a couple of different characters this time. KFCrispy, are you using a particular character in your reserve? I've tried the robot (Yod), Chrodechild, Fredegund, and Marica with no luck when they're in my reserve. I revert back to the slow walk speed when the Godspeed Talisman isn't being used by someone in the active party.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

bah okay you're right, it doesn't provide a speed bonus if the item is not equipped to an active party member. it just felt like i was running pretty fast w/out the Talisman active... but when you do an actual comparison, it is noticeable.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Looks like Falenan Descent's got to explain it. Or he may also be a victim of I thought he ran the same speed, just like I was that's why I double-checked it! :D
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Id`

Post by Id` »

kfcrispy
yes i remember correctly that porposkin city is below the coastal cave when you go there the first time (before furious roar city appears). Just like how salsabil moved a further south when the desert appears.

And about the godspeed talisman problem, when diadora joins I don't even need to equip it anymore. My hero just runs faster than normal with the godspeed talisman on the inventory. I don't know if it's a bug or it just the way it is.