Relations to the main series?

Ask questions about the events and characters related to Suikoden Tierkreis here.
LanceHeart

Relations to the main series?

Post by LanceHeart »

As mentioned before, Konami tried to avoid linking Suikoden Tierkreis as much as possible from the main series. However, they never really said anything about it being 100% cut off from the main series. My question: Is there any link, no matter how shoehorned or tenuous, to the main series?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Relations to the main series?

Post by patapi »

Without spoiling too much, I can at least see two vague links: the Million World, and unique objects containing each of the world's memories. The former have always been a plot device for a few elements in the series, whereas the latter was for the most part responsible for motivating the Masked Bishop's towards destruction.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

So in the end, this Million World just seems like an opening into the other worlds of the Suikoden.. multiverse. It's an interesting new take on the "multiple worlds" idea.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Not just that, it also shows the extent to which some of these worlds could collide, combine and create entirely new worlds. And how this affect the denizens of those worlds.

Where inter-world travels used to be limited to Viki previously, the existence of the Gateway allows virtually anybody to cross the worlds. As if other players' games are worlds existing in parallel, you can send characters on Dispatch Quests in those worlds through wireless or WiFi.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Well, this isn't a direct reference but could be subtle towards something else. But, the window guy wanted to build windows in the Corridor when you first meet him. Maybe in some weird messed up scheme he finally did and created the Hall of Mirrors? He is a Wanderer and can control Gateways...So maybe he creates some weird mirror/gateway Hybrid?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It isn't really something big, but Tierkreis gives an explanation on the Viki and Small Viki thing: Small Viki is the Viki of another world/dimension, just as the two Maricas wield different stars in their respective universe.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Falenan_descent wrote:Well, this isn't a direct reference but could be subtle towards something else. But, the window guy wanted to build windows in the Corridor when you first meet him. Maybe in some weird messed up scheme he finally did and created the Hall of Mirrors? He is a Wanderer and can control Gateways...So maybe he creates some weird mirror/gateway Hybrid?
Hall of Mirrors? Where?
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Err, sorry. I mean Viki's home world. I thought it was called the Hall of Mirrors. I suppose I'm wrong. Lol
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

oh no, i posted some possible relations int he Plot Forum ><" How do i move the post to his thread ?
kelvin loves suikoden
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

The easiest transitioning relation that I can come with is that Tierkreis takes place even thousands of years before SIV. Kinda like for Christians how Jesus was here before the dinosaurs and I correlate that to maybe the True/false chronicles were here before any True Runes. Who knows though it might be better that it just has its own timeline with no relation to the main series.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
benderboyboy

Post by benderboyboy »

There's actually one other relationship to the main series. When you beat the crab Renegade in the cave with Cougar, you actually get a tradable item called Giant Crab Meat. If you look at the describtion it says its an item from a faraway place called the Island Nations. That's an obvious reverence to Suikoden IV if you ask me. So yeah, we fought with an Island Nation monster in Tierkreis.
please visit http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3520120/1/ to read my new suikoden fan-fic story guys.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

benderboyboy wrote:There's actually one other relationship to the main series. When you beat the crab Renegade in the cave with Cougar, you actually get a tradable item called Giant Crab Meat. If you look at the describtion it says its an item from a faraway place called the Island Nations. That's an obvious reverence to Suikoden IV if you ask me. So yeah, we fought with an Island Nation monster in Tierkreis.
Wow.very interesting. That means we have access to the Infinity in the Suikoworld. But how? I suppose it's the Gate Rune but why the hell would Leknaat and Windy transport a crab..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Maybe it's Viki.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

patapi wrote:Maybe it's Viki.
Yep, it seems more possible. I said something about the Blinking Rune being a Gateway at a thread here somewhere. It may be used to clarify that Blinking Rune probably is related to Gate but nothing's definite.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

benderboyboy wrote:There's actually one other relationship to the main series. When you beat the crab Renegade in the cave with Cougar, you actually get a tradable item called Giant Crab Meat. If you look at the describtion it says its an item from a faraway place called the Island Nations. That's an obvious reverence to Suikoden IV if you ask me. So yeah, we fought with an Island Nation monster in Tierkreis.
Are you really sure about this? Maybe you misread it and it meant this Island Kingdom in the Tierkreis World (The one Hina is some kind of princess of)