Your biggest ingame screwup.

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Mikain Clan King

Re: Your biggest ingame screwup.

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I think he meant RPG Maker, I tried looking up RPG gamer and it didn't come out with any games by that name just a magizine and sites about RPGs...

...and as for making a new game, go for it if you want, you could post it here and we could all play it and tell you how it is...who knows maybe it will be like the best RPG Maker-made game ever and you could go back/to colledge and get a degree in gaming(maybe storyboarding) and become filthy rich.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Repner

Post by Repner »

Oppenheimer wrote:Ah. I've never played that particular program. I used RPG Maker 2000 which was a bit of a learning curve and the graphics were pretty primitive but it was still fun.
I downloaded both RM 2003 and RM XP. They are both great. XP's default battle system is more like Dragon Quest than the Final Fantasy style of the previous versions.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Good thank you. Maybe I'll look into those two. But, we really shouldn't talk any more about it in this thread. It's mostly my fault but we've taken the thread off topic.

Back on topic. I find that most games these days don't penalize you too much for your decisions. Not so much that you could consider it a screw up, rather a reason for replay because you choose one path over the other.

I am currently playing Mass Effect for the PC and I almost thought I made a screw up. I saved my game after fighting into a office and picking up some data on a computer. It was really the first battle my characters had been in outside of the introduction and I hadn't figured out the intricacies of the battle system yet. Well, I was on my way out and a huge team of corrupt police attack. Out of the 8 or so of them (I had 3 people on my team including me) 3 had sniper riffles that were instant kills if you got in their way. Plus, the head cop had 4 shields and a whole mass of abilities. No one on my team had more than 1 shield. But I didn't have a save that was anywhere close to being earlier than that and so I was frusterated because I got wiped out very quickly whenever I fought this group. I thought I had made a big mistake and would have to reload a much earlier save. But, I did manage to beat them after my 26th or so attempt. I did it without getting hit even once. . . . which I had to because one hit would kill me. But, one good thing is a certainly got used to the controls and what abilities were useful and what ones I would look forward to in the future to help avoid such a situation.
Pope Blitzkrieg XVI

Post by Pope Blitzkrieg XVI »

Suikoden II, trying to do the Clive subquest. Left the playstation on, forgot about it. Nothing big, I wouldn't have saved it, but here come my bro, saves it and pops in some other game. Yeah, didn't complete Clive's subquest.
Mikain Clan King

That must've sucked...well I have another mess up in game...in World of Warcraft on my first character (who doesn't mess up there first characters when your a noob?) I never got him his most handy mage spells...never got conjure water or food and barely ever used his good good spells that were the most usefull in battle alot....I still rocked the PvP world but it was just alot harder to without all those good skills.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Suikoden I: When I didn't realize that Lorelai died on a war battle (I didn't know a character could die permanently), I went on playing just to find out I couldn't revive Gremio. Luckily I haven't save the game but I lost some hours of playing.

Suikoden II: I went to Rockaxe via Matilda glitch and wandered past Greenhill-Matilda forest border. I couldn't go back to Rockaxe/Muse at all. The forest path can only be entered via Matilda and Two River is closed. I had to restart the whole game.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Belle

Post by Belle »

I can't remember my biggest screw-up, but one of them had to do with Suikoden IV. I chose a crappy alternative party for the end of the game, and then... yeah, there was that boss battle with Cray. Luckily, it somehow worked out, but it was a bit of a pain not being able to rely on magic at all.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Paler than Moon wrote:Suikoden II: I went to Rockaxe via Matilda glitch and wandered past Greenhill-Matilda forest border. I couldn't go back to Rockaxe/Muse at all. The forest path can only be entered via Matilda and Two River is closed. I had to restart the whole game.
uh... you should be able to go through the Greenhill-Muse checkpoint. Greenhill is explorable during the beginning of the game, and i think even when they stop from ENTERING Greenhill (after the invasion of Muse), you can still walk from the Greenhill side to Muse.
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Oh yeah, maybe I forgot to check that it was a long time ago. Anyway, I did restarted my game :P
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Saving over my own file in the ned of Suikoden II with my friends file....

-.- THAT was annoying.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Mikain Clan King

Was it your original file?
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Sure was! I Only had one...-.- Ergh
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Mikain Clan King

Hmm that does suck, how far were you?
Oh and Its not a big deal or anything but in War Rock I press the wrong button occasionally and it gets me killed, and also in WoW when I played I always screwed up my main character's abilities....I was a mage without some of their most useful skills, I didn't have conjure water or food...so that was kind of a pretty big screw up.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

Lets see.....
Well....
1. in Suikoden Tactics I made Corselia use kindness drop on Kyril and he was killed by Martin on a fire tile.
2. in Suikoden V I put Mathias as the head of the arrow formation without any real protection against the final boss and its cronies. Slaughtered......
3. in Suikoden IV I didn't do my ship set-ups right on the final war (I sent Jeane, Hervey, Sigurd, and Helmut to face Whats-His-Face), so I had 1 powerful ship, 1 OK ship, 2 crappy ships. End result = 1 ship survived :x

I think thats it >_>. I mess up alot.....
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Ark108

Post by Ark108 »

just a while ago after escaping greenhill, I didnt save for 3 hours then I went to recruit Yuzu and I havent opened the chest before so when I was looking for the third sheep ... I founded the chests instead of the stupid sheep and got stucked there D=

It made me really mad that I created this account just to post this D=