Exit Fate: Spiritual succesor to Suikoden 1 & 2 (Free RPG)

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Exit Fate: Spiritual succesor to Suikoden 1 & 2 (Free RPG)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Ljusalf
They actually named someone Lightelf? Do they have a Darkelf too?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

What language is that? Haven't seen other similar elf names, besides Lothis and Fitch.

I'm currently stuck at the proper Mayfall battle. That Def-10 general is already miles more troublesome than Grunthall's suicidal AIs, and the game's equivalent of invincible Luca hasn't even made an appearance yet.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

They actually named someone Lightelf? Do they have a Darkelf too?
None that I could think of, but you can visit the Elvenvillage just in the beginning and then not for a looong time.

I'm currently in Oischin, but I forgot to bring the guy with the Scan-Ability, which will make the next boss fight a little tougher, I guess.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Downloaded it! S of now I'm not very much enjoying the graphics but who knows? I might like it later, especially now that I haven't been in a battle. Cheers for the creator! :)
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

patapi wrote:I'm currently stuck at the proper Mayfall battle. That Def-10 general is already miles more troublesome than Grunthall's suicidal AIs, and the game's equivalent of invincible Luca hasn't even made an appearance yet.
Like I said earlier, past Grunthall the ideal battle formation is Hero and one other infantry unit stacked with +DEF units and Regen units at the cost of Attack. Like this:

oo x----yyy
oox------yy

An example. The 'o's are where your mages should be, the 'x's should be hero or other infantry, moved just within one tile of an enemy unit's range to lure them over - because their allies will move with it - and have your mages swarm. Don't kill it unless you have a mage that can reach nothing else, you want to knock them all down to 100 men per unit to make them 'safe', and if you can get the enemy leader within range, focus all mages on knocking him down in the HP. Use your infantry with Regen on it to pick off weak units that can't counter, you'll regenerate 5% of your max units back with no penalty. As a sidenote, you know you can select any enemy unit to get a red radius of how far they can attack on any turn to make things easier, yes?

That should get you through it. A-Ranking requires effort. x3
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I've been working off that formation with Scout units instead of infantry for additional "safe" firepower. I just find Cavalry and Infantry units to be far too risky, considering they lose health from counter-attacks.

I'm only up to the Temple though, so I need to check a few things you mentioned:

1. Regen support? Do you actually have access to this earlier on? Like Grunthall and Mayfair?

2. NPC units are a major concern for lure strategy IMO. Because mages are slow, NPC units can go ahead and mess the Efficiency rating quite a bit. Like in that Mayfair battle, the Def-10 general took out all three of the NPC reinforcements on counter-attacks! (And, those non-customisable allied units are bloody useless. They are melee units and can't even take a single hit.)

Effort is one thing, but IMO luck is another, especially with these early strategy battles. It'd probably be far less reload-until-AI-goes-my-way once the army comes into its own; hopefully with stronger dependence on PC units and absence of frustrating ally AIs. (Speed and Power ratings are damn easy. It's Efficiency that makes a huge difference)

That said, this, combined with the overall Last Scenario-like battles, this fan game really does solve the issue that some fans have with actual Suikoden games: difficulty. Choosing characters based on story preferences as opposed to pure numbers make the game needlessly more difficult, and having streams of "Miss" during boss fights does hurt my eyes.

A no-optional-recruit playthrough might actually be a challenge if, say, you are aiming for perfect As. Awesome.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

I'm stuck again but this time at a boss that freezes you. Is there a way to remove that 'Ice' status or whater that is effect, it's really annoying because the next turn an attack will instantly kill the frozen party member.

Thanks in advance!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Silver Dragon Flik wrote:I'm stuck again but this time at a boss that freezes you. Is there a way to remove that 'Ice' status or whater that is effect, it's really annoying because the next turn an attack will instantly kill the frozen party member.

Thanks in advance!
I got stuck at him, too. The best thing: If one character freezes, take him int he backrow with another character in front of him. The ice monster can only physical-attack the first row. The status goes away after some rounds.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

To make things easier, bring extra decent physical attackers in the entourage as backup when rearranging your party during the battle.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Eh, anyone is still playing this?

I finally scored my first non-reload A from the strategy battle against Pereious (totally read that as Precious, heh). That guy doesn't even stand a chance against my sorcery spam~

Meiko's interview is easily the best feature yet. I daresay that this is even better than any of those detective/ confession stuffs that the actual series have thrown at us, but unfortunately people like Yan Angwa still says nothing useful.

I thought the political struggle story was pretty good, until it starts pulling of an Xeno-like MPD story out of nowhere. But I guess I'll see how this goes.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I gotta start playing again, haven't played it for about a week.

Yeah, this report-feature is pretty cool, especially that you don't have to pay for it (One of the stupidest things in Suikoden... In the beginning when you dont have much money it's frustrating not to have money to buy information, but later on you have so much money that it doesn't really matter to pay 100 potch...)
Haroth

Post by Haroth »

This is interesting...

I've only played but thirty minutes of this, but I already like it. The game seems to take a lot from other old, familiar RPG's as well. I immediately recognized the Xenogears themes. The whole "two super powers conflict over the ownership of an island, until finally one makes a daring, secretive move" is very reminiscent of Front Mission. Nonetheless, I have to say I'm quite intrigued.

Should make for some fun.
Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Ah, so it's Front Mission. I knew that island struggle was overly familiar for some reason.

Still, is there a single-view world map for the areas covered in the game anywhere? Now that the plot finally left Zelmony lands, I start to lose sense of where things are relative to each other.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

No there isn't, I had that 'problem' too. But just go explore the regions of Kirgard and Almenga to get a better feeling for the place.
Raj

Post by Raj »

Mild necromancy, but since I don't feel like shelling out $10 to join the SomethingAwful forums where the creator hangs out...

Can anyone drop me a hint on how to clear the battle at Vanaheim with an A ranking? I'm getting frustrated after ten runs scoring in the high 80's due to either casualties or slow movement. What's the "A" reward, anyway? If it's not unique armor, I might be convinced to forgo a perfect performance in spite of having earned A's in all the preceding battles. I have all the recruits, fwiw, and I've tried runs with all mages, a scout/cavalry mix, and a full-spectrum approach. Somehow I never have the power to isolate and nuke the last few units into oblivion without losing people.