Suikoden V's Jeane figurine

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Suikoden V's Jeane figurine

Post by patapi »

Of all the Suikoden characters that I thought they'd pick as basis for their figure, they picked Jeane and they picked the "best" version of her yet.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YUJ97708

Too bad that unlike the Heroes set or Lyon, this one is mixed with non-Suikoden characters.

How amusing...
Runemaster

Re: Suikoden V's Jeane figurine

Post by Runemaster »

Jeane is the hottest! They've made her almost perfectly!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Wonder what the secret figure is of then?

Usually it's just a different color of one figure but that's usually figures from the same series.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

For anyone wondering, the "secret" figure is a black version of Reiko from Rumble Roses.

The figure of Jeane is kinda nice but the size is smaller than the previous figures in the Hero set so it doesn't match.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Ah, so you have the figure? It's too bad that the size doesn't match, what's with Lyon being so much bigger too.

Speaking of the Heroes set, I seem to recall them designing a Flame Champion one alongside the original 7 in some early scans but looks like they removed him from the set prior to release. Perhaps they have a second series in mind, or not.
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

patapi wrote: Speaking of the Heroes set, I seem to recall them designing a Flame Champion one alongside the original 7 in some early scans but looks like they removed him from the set prior to release. Perhaps they have a second series in mind, or not.
Konami decided to have Suikoden IV hero instead of the Flame Champion :(
The photos of the Flame Champion figure showed as if it was already in production. I guess it was a sample.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

patapi wrote:Speaking of the Heroes set, I seem to recall them designing a Flame Champion one alongside the original 7 in some early scans but looks like they removed him from the set prior to release. Perhaps they have a second series in mind, or not.
He was supposed to come with the set for those that bought the full set rather than buying them seperatly. They seemed to cancel that idea and went with blind packaging instead.

Makes you wonder what happened to the prototypes though.
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
patapi wrote:Speaking of the Heroes set, I seem to recall them designing a Flame Champion one alongside the original 7 in some early scans but looks like they removed him from the set prior to release. Perhaps they have a second series in mind, or not.
He was supposed to come with the set for those that bought the full set rather than buying them seperatly. They seemed to cancel that idea and went with blind packaging instead.

Makes you wonder what happened to the prototypes though.
He wasn't. Oshunter was correct in his response.

The Flame Champion figure was cancelled as they wanted to focus on the main heroes of the series. In 3's case it was Hugo, Chris & Geddoe. Also with 4 then upcoming they decided to replace the Flame Champion with the hero from 4 (Lazlo).

I do agree about the prototypes though. I would imagine they'd be around somewhere but even if the sculptor decided to sell any it would be most likely on Japanese auctions and/or sites so we'd probably never know sadly.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

He wasn't. Oshunter was correct in his response.
No.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Oh wow, that looks nice.

I wish they'd make a Luc (unless I'm extremely late, and they already did. . )

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
xgk3000

Post by xgk3000 »

hey u guys do know that they pack the figures randomly so u might not get wat it shows in the picture maybe even mulitple jeane figures u never know or maybe no jeane at all
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Anyone managed to actually get Jeane without having to deal with the others in the set?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Kinda doubt that as the packaging didn't really lend itself towards individual sales.

And if the ratio of my set was any indication of availability then Jeane is not the most popular girl out there since 4 out of 6 were that damn Rumble Roses girl.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Ugh, so you went with the entire box? Looks like that is the only choice then.

Apparently the Rumble Roses girl has a few versions of herself as the so-called secret. Too bad.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There were 3 versions of RR girl, not sure why they say there's "a" secret figure when there's at least 2 that don't appear on the promo material.

And the damn things come in pokeballs that are a bit hard to see the contents of without opening them, which is why I assume few retailers would bother with singling pieces out.