Ninjas in the suikoden world

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Yeah, but Kage is deffinitly a mercenarie. And as for other ninjas...well, everyone has his own reasons to fight, or not to fight. But I think most of them are offering their skills for money. How else would they earn money for living? Makes sense, doesen't it?
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I sort of agree with you on this one Maldonado, but not completely. The Kage Ninjas obviously work for money, but how did you conclude that the Rokkaku Ninjas were fighting for money? The Rokkaku Ninjas only join you because it helps them out in the long run, but not because they're getting paid or anything. I always figured that the Rokkaku Ninjas just lived off the land.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Well, it's hard to imagine that a ninja would work in the field as a farmer. If they're not mercenaries, then they must have someone else working for them. And in exchange of food they offer people protection. I think Rokkaku ninjas probably have an egreement with some nearby villages. While Kage on the other hand is a pure mercenarie (in Suikoden 1 he joins you after you pay 10000 potch to him...).
Last edited by Maldonado on Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Well if you go to Rokkaku Hamlet, it's clear enought that not everyone there is a ninja. There are normal townspeople as well. So don't even think that they are similar to the Kage ninjas who work for money.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Umm, I never played Suikoden III...
Could someone clarify this for me?
What is the Dark Wind/Kage organisation?
Thanx.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Well, The Kage/Dark Wind organization is composed of Ninja's who work for a fee. During Suikoden they apparently worked for Highland and now Dunan is employing them (As stated by Ayame). Watari on the other hahnd dropped out from the Organization (a no no for them) since he didn't want to break his promise to the Blight family. Ayame was sent to kill him, that is all you need to know about them.
Hmm...
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Also, the Kage Organization may be a revolutionary group, as well. I have vague memories about The Kage, but I believe Ayame mentions that they have a specific 'mission'.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

So that Kage which we recruited during Suikoden 1 and the one we saw in Muse are of different individual but default members who work for the Kage organization?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's the same guy, but it's also the name of his organization.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Yea, that I know they are the same Kage in Suikoden I and II. Kage was so cool in Suikoden I.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

Does anybody (probably someone with the Japanese version of the game, or at least the text) know how Kage is pronounced? I always said it like the word cage, but I suppose it could be "Ka-gay." Any info?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I always pronounced it as ka jay or maybe its ka gee
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I don't want to look for my Japanese Suikoden 1 guide right now, but most if not all of the characters names were written in Katakana and if it was the katakana for ka and ge written for the character Kage then Kirke's pronunciation would be correct.
Sagiri

Re: Ninjas in the suikoden world

Post by Sagiri »

Everybody's forgetting: Kate, Mizuki, and Akaghi are ninjas, too. :( :x
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Kirke

Re: Ninjas in the suikoden world

Post by Kirke »

We didn't forget... it's just that most of the posts in this thread were written before Suikoden 4 came out. ;)