[Guide] MISSABLE List (Characters & Items)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Celes
Global Admin

[Guide] MISSABLE List (Characters & Items)

Post by Celes »

This list includes all characters and items, that can be missed forever and cannot be obtained at a later time or by a second chance. It should be interesting for collecting issues/perfect files
WARNING: It contains some huge story spoilers!

Characters:
Notice that you have to recruit all characters before the last major battle, in order to get the 108 stars bonus. This includes keeping them all alive, except Gremio. The "point of no return" is your chat with Mathiu next to Liukan, right after your return from Shasarazade.

In order of appearance:

Kwanda Rosman
Don't execute him. Instead, forgive him and he will join.

Milich Oppenheimer
Do not execute him either and let him join the Liberation Army.

Pahn
You have to win the optional duel with Teo. His level should be at least 30, his weapon at lv 12 and don't forget to equip him with updated armor as well.

Maximillian & Sancho
Agree on their first offer to join your army, or they will not re-appear.

Mace
You need to take all the other blacksmiths with you, and there are few time windows with four free party slots. The last chance is right after you landed by boat on Shasarazade. Don't go near the entrance, turn around and leave.

Leon
Need to deliver Mathiu's letter, which won't work most of the time, since Mathiu participates often in major battles or other events. Can be done before the mission to Moravia or Shasarazade (see above).

Items & Antiques
Octopus Urn
One can be found in a treasure on Mt. Tigerwolf. More are rare drops of BonBons in Gregminster area, only at the beginning. Notice, that once you are banished from Gregminster, there is no appraiser available until you leave the area.

Celadon Urn
Very rare drops of BonBons. See above.

Power rune piece
Treasure in Toran castle basement.

Yardstick, Salt, Soy sauce & Soap
These items can be traded over and over again, as long as you don't deliver the soap or hold the next item needed for the trading process in any inventory of your current party. Drop these items in your storehouse, and repeat the trade as many times as you wish, to keep these exclusive items. Sugar can be bought in Kirov's item shop.

Goldlet
The only piece of equipment with limited amount:
1. Very rare loot from Gigantes (boss). Check the Bestiary.
2. Found in the Dragon's Den.

One-time-only areas:
Areas you cannot re-enter, for whatever reason.

Magician's Island
Treasures: Medicine 6, Leather coat

Gregminster #1
Shops: Item, Armor (visit the shops, to add the stockpile to your castle shop)

Toran castle basement
Treasures: Medicine 6, Mega medicine 3, Antitoxin 4 (x2), Pointed hat, Toe shoes, Hazy crystal, Wind crystal, Power rune piece, 2000 bits

Village of the Elves
Shops: Item, Armor (visit the shops, to add the stockpile to your castle shop)

Village of the Hidden Rune
Treasures: Mega medicine 3, Champion's crystal, Boar crystal

Miscellaneous:
Clear out Ted's inventory, before your return from Mt. Seifu.

Remove any rune rystal from McDohl by your return from Mt. Seifu, or it will be lost.

Clear out Odessa's inventory, before your return from Mt. Tigerwolf.
Mio
Banned User

Re: MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

Post by Mio »

i vote for sticky !!

big help !!

yes, I am exclaiming at a high pitch !!
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Yardstick, Salt, Soy sauce & Soap
These items can be traded over and over again, as long as you don't deliver the soap or hold the next item needed for the trading process in any inventory of your current party. Drop these items in your storehouse, and repeat the trade as many times as you wish, to keep these exclusive items. Sugar can be bought in Kirov's item shop.
Are there any uses for any of these items?
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Well i do not have all this trade item beside the one you can buy. I guess i am not going to start over again for this. It pretty tedious to do so for it. This is my 5th perfect file playthrough. For the previous few time, i kept missing something and this caused me to restart.

Now i am focusing on how to get McDohl Hp to 900+....I wonder is there anyway to quicken manual leveling for McDohl since he can't equip Fortune Rune. Manual leveling him is the only way to manipulate his HP. I am planning on getting atlease 920HP for him. I wonder does Celes has any new found trick for this?
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

gradeAbra wrote:Now i am focusing on how to get McDohl Hp to 900+....I wonder is there anyway to quicken manual leveling for McDohl since he can't equip Fortune Rune. Manual leveling him is the only way to manipulate his HP. I am planning on getting atlease 920HP for him. I wonder does Celes has any new found trick for this?
rubber band + turbo controller (auto function or keep button held down)
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Ya this is very useful I usually miss leon almost every freaking time....Get into the story of the game way to much!
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Luc_The_Destroyer

Post by Luc_The_Destroyer »

ive also missed Sonya Shulen. (sorry if i spelled it wrong) one time i forgot she was rotting in the jail cell. LOL! leon is definatley the most easy to miss. mace is tricky too.
Iesous wrote: Are there any uses for any of these items?
no but its still fun to have them in the vault
Konami Ruined Yuber
Dazz

Re: [Guide] MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

Post by Dazz »

The number of times I've missed Leon when playing through... It's not funny.
Though saying that, his only use is to be a figure in the 108, other than that he's just entirely useless.
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

He's the 3rd strategist in war team, with Mathiu and Apple.

If I'm not wrong, the more strategist you have, the longer power charge last.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Updated a second source for the Goldlet. That is really missable :!:
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

How do I get a window rune to recruit Window? Also, I'm trying to teleport to Seek Valley to recruit Mace but Seek wont show up on the teleport list. How do I get there?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

You can only get there by a dragon.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

CelesDestiny wrote:Updated a second source for the Goldlet. That is really missable :!:
Gigantes is a boss and you'll have to go through the Dwarf Mine maze (no save point) with every single attempt at getting the 0.78% drop rate for the Goldet. The Holy Rune helps a bit. It's not the only Goldlet in the game as you pointed out. This would be at the same insanity level as hunting 6 Celadon Urns at the beginning of the game for a complete set for the bath. I am a nut. Be prepared to sacrifice/waste hours of time for these things.... lol

6 Persian Lamps on the other hand, unlocks a special bath scene as noted in your Bath Guide and you can boost Tir's Luck stat to max (Fortune Rune Pieces) while you're hunting for them at Lepant's Mansion wheel.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Morc

Re: [Guide] MISSABLE List (Characters & Items)

Post by Morc »

Hello!
I can't find Apple anymore. I completely forgot to get her when I was supposed to, and now she is not in Seika village anymore :shock: ! Does anyone know how to find her??
nach0king

Re: [Guide] MISSABLE List (Characters & Items)

Post by nach0king »

Morc wrote:Hello!
I can't find Apple anymore. I completely forgot to get her when I was supposed to, and now she is not in Seika village anymore :shock: ! Does anyone know how to find her??
She's at what used to be the Village of the Elves, then, charting it for her map.

edit: posted this then remembered I was thinking of Templeton. Sorry, no idea about this one...
Do you have business in my vault?