konami still has hopes in suikoden

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Re: konami still has hopes in suikoden

Post by Braxiatel »

You're arguing semantics at this point.

Crisis Core was a direct prequel to FF7 and led into it.

Suikoden I, II and III were directly related. Tierkreis is not related to that story in any way, shape or form (granted - that we know of).

Konami is hoping that fans will be dumb enough to bite on whatever they slap the Suikoden name on - like giving scraps to a dog.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Braxiatel wrote:You're arguing semantics at this point.

Crisis Core was a direct prequel to FF7 and led into it.
No, a spinoff is a spinoff. We could use Final Fantasy Tactics, which in turn spawed the Ivalice world, which spawed Vagrant Story, which then had Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which FINALLY ended up joining the main series with Final Fantasy XII. (let's not argue the quality of the game, because I personally love it and will defend it fiercely)

Konami might be working on an equally convoluted way to introduce us to an offshoot of the Suikoden universe. Since we can't predict the future nor have any devs told anything about it, you can bet nobody knows jack squat about anything. Even you.
Braxiatel wrote:Suikoden I, II and III were directly related. Tierkreis is not related to that story in any way, shape or form (granted - that we know of).

Konami is hoping that fans will be dumb enough to bite on whatever they slap the Suikoden name on - like giving scraps to a dog.
Konami isn't hoping fans will bite, they're hoping NEW PLAYERS will bite. Big difference. The devs even know they might be alienating people who are used to games being in a certain style (like you) but they assure us they're working on a way for everything to work out in the end.

In the end, Konami might have bigger hopes in Suikoden than anyone could possibly think. If Tierkreis was being developed side by side with Suikoden 6 (yet both are mutually exclusive to each other), would you be happy? Notice how Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy Tactics were both being developed at the same time. Lots of people still think FFT tried to capitalize on FF7's popularity by having Cloud in it, but it was just a nod to the other dev team more than a way to get more sales. Much like how I'm pretty darn sure Suikoden Tierkreis won't be much more than a side game to Suikoden 6 or unrelated at all.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

LanceHeart wrote:[
Konami isn't hoping fans will bite, they're hoping NEW PLAYERS will bite. Big difference. The devs even know they might be alienating people who are used to games being in a certain style (like you) but they assure us they're working on a way for everything to work out in the end.
You mean by removing all the things in the game that are unique to Suikoden?

Not very reassuring.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oh, Braxiatel is back. Now, without looking, I will use my amazing powers of precognition and state that he's still whining about Tierkreis and nothing else.

Oh, look at that. I was right.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

please refrain from personal attacks.
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

You still crying Braxia?
Man I thought we talked about this days ago?

I guess we have to have a drama Queen sometime.
You cant control what happens here.
Might as well relax & see how the game unfolds.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

dude, teh mod just said no more personal attacks

i can't even reply to this thread, it spinned-off way beyond the topic

this has become another "Tierkreis" a spin-off? thread
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

Alright.
Was not really supposed to be an attack.

We need something to keep us going :O

Cant judge something that we dont completely know about.
Patience is the key.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

It's nice to know this is a forum where you can get *continually* attacked personally and the mods will do nothing about it, just because you have a different opinion from other people.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Braxiatel wrote:It's nice to know this is a forum where you can get *continually* attacked personally and the mods will do nothing about it, just because you have a different opinion from other people.
You're right that no one should attack anyone personally. That's why KFCrispy stepped in to warn everyone. It is taken very seriously from all sides. Now let's try and stay on topic please.
Iku

Post by Iku »

its not the fact you have a different oppinion, different oppinions keep forums alive but the fact you keep complaining about this, i mean yeah i aint exactly thrilled at some of the ascepts of this game but ya know until i actually play the ill keep my judgements to myself, i mean its one thing to highlight what you don't like about the game but another to continously complain about it. but back on topic, i liked someone's theory that this might be a side-along game to suikoden 6, and konami are using this as a way to increase the profile of the series.
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

Doesn't matter. I keep my complaints focused solely on the game and don't attack other people.

And I don't think the mods are taking it very seriously.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Yay! Nemesis back!!! Anyways, I been lookin at this game and to be honest, I think it is going to be awsome. It wil lack the "Suikoden" feeling though. The true runes, the whatever else they are excluding. But hey, it is still 108 stars recruits like the others. =) I want to see the 108 stars getting CRUSHED for the first time.

Opinion:
Personally, I feel that they made this game for 2 reasons.
1) Let us SuikoFans have something "suikodenish" to hang on to while working on GS6 (YAY!)
2) Testing their new style of game out. In other words, seeing which part of the new style we like, and which we don't. For example, animeish like character and gameplay. Also, No true RUnes! Lastly, MP instead of the original.

Again, this is only my opinion =)
Nick Bruiser
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Braxiatel wrote:You mean by removing all the things in the game that are unique to Suikoden?

Not very reassuring.
Again, they removed some of the technical points that made Suikoden different, but didn't remove them completely. The biggest true changes to the entire game's technical points are weapons and runes. Weapons could still be restricted to a small pool for each character and Mark of the Stars could still be character/class specific.

The music is still by Miura (who seems to be keeping the usual Suikoden track style), the core battle mechanics have been proved to be the same, save for the party being back down to 4. Unites still exist, I believe I've seen "auto" as a battle option and everything is still turn based. For the first spinoff Suikoden game that's a standard RPG, I can't see how this can be a big problem in the immediate.
IF they decide to influence the next numbered game in the series and make it exactly like a prettier version of Tierkreis, I can assure you I'll be joining you in damning the new direction of the series. Until then, I've come to terms with the fact that Tierkreis is simply a new way to get people interested in the Suikoden name (rather than the other way around).

I'll have to say this about the personal attacks. I only used "Like you" in the general sense. You aren't the only one who vehemently hates the very concept of Tierkreis, but you're by far the most vocal. I can relate to some of the misgivings you have about the game, but not about how one game could single-handedly ruin a franchise with no proof on either side of the debate.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Whoah, Brax has reached fame! :)

I checked the screenshots and if they appear as it looks like in the game, then I'd conclude it has better graphics than the DS RPGs I'm playing right now!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!