Ok, very annoyed right now. *Spoilers*

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Koor

Ok, very annoyed right now. *Spoilers*

Post by Koor »

It's my first play through on Suikoden 1, and having just cleared Neclord, I decided to start collecting characters I may have missed. I ended up having only missed about 4, and by my count was ready to go get Clive, when I discovered my castle wasn't level 4.

I started digging around, and discovered that since Victor had left, I wasn't getting credit for him.. but that goes with the story line, I dug even further, and discovered that somehow I was now missing two automatically received characters. 2 which never get used in the wars, so shouldn't have ever died. I'm missing the ninja girl/boy Kasumi, and the Thief Krin.

I've had them previously. Ninjas and Thieves don't randomly disappear if they do their scout mission in war do they?

I decided to reload my game from 3 hours before (at the begining of the neclord questline, where I was forced to have Victor and the other person with me. The only thing that had happened between the two saves was clearing neclord and gathering other stars. That save had both Krin and Kasumi present for duty. What the heck is going on? Did Victor decide to take them with him, and not tell me?

So the question is, is this a plot thing, or a bug...

I don't want to have to replay the grind through neclord's castle.. not if I'm getting the two chars back later.
Mio
Banned User

Re: Ok, very annoyed right now. *Spoilers*

Post by Mio »

how did you know Krin and Kasumi are permanently gone?

have you checked the tablet of stars?

if they're not there, then you've encountered a bug

if they are present in the tablet of stars but you can't put them in your party...

then they've got some special role to play in the story

it sometimes happen

they'll return once they've finished their role
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

That happened to me a lot of times, a lot of characters aren't present at the ToS. But actually, they should never die. You use Krin in Moravia, after all oO
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Isn't there a scene between Kasumi & Krin when you enter the HQ at one point? That could be connected.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Mathiu sometimes borrow members of your army for specific purposes. Their names would temporarily not appear on the Tablet, but the plot will bring them back.

Dead stars turn grey anyway.
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Its part of the storyline at this point, they aren't really gone. Go to the elevator bit on the 1st floor or failing that go see Mathiu.
Koor

Post by Koor »

Yes, they were missing from the tablet of stars.

Im at the point where I defeated neclord and was directed to head to the dragon riders for an alliance, if that helps with why they would be gone.
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Koor wrote:Yes, they were missing from the tablet of stars.

Im at the point where I defeated neclord and was directed to head to the dragon riders for an alliance, if that helps with why they would be gone.

Yeah thats part of the story. <spoiler> Mathiu has sent them on a mission, you'll figure that one out after the Dragon Knight bit is over.
Koor

Post by Koor »

Excellent, thank you!

I was worried there was a bug and i'd have to replay the last few hours.