Luc's vision and Pesmerga

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Georg Prime Minister

Luc's vision and Pesmerga

Post by Georg Prime Minister »

So I played very little of suiko3, it was my least favorite. thought i'd throw that out there.

But Luc was terrified of the vision he had about an empty world ruled by order....
Pesmerga and Yuber have been said to personify Chaos and Order, so is the vision about Pesmerga taking over the world? Perhaps that's why Luc joined up with Yuber, as he is Chaos (right?)...
That might also explain (or not explain, not sure) why Pesmerga is absent in the third suikoden...
Mio
Banned User

Re: Luc's vision and Pesmerga

Post by Mio »

you sure that's what Luc's vision is?

nevertheless, do you have solid proof that Pesmerga DOES represent order?
Georg Prime Minister

Ah damn, that's right. I don't even remember where I heard Pes and Yuber were Chaos and Order...
I think it was here... Anyone wanna back me up?
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

its just a theory that is commonly accepted as fact, like the big bang theory or the theory of evolution.
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

Albert says something about chaos in Suikoden three. Something like: "We should vanish or it'll all just end in chaos."
Yuber continues with: "Chaos... would suit me just fine."
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

chaos lover and representative of chaos are not synonymous with each other
JanusThePaladin

True, but the Eight-fold rune or Hachifusa or however you spell it, is an actual reflection of the chaotic part of the Oriental Philosophy of Yin/Yang.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Eightfold (Yafusa/Hachifusa) Rune
Current Owner: Yuber

Past Owners: Unknown

Owned by Yuber, no-one knows what powers this rune may hold. Scholars argue that Yuber's affinity with monsters (summoning, for example) and the power of teleportation is dervied from this rune, but no-one is certain.
you sure you're not talking about someone's pet theory??
JanusThePaladin

Pretty sure the name is a reference. Not neccesarily the rune itself, but the name IS a reference.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the speculation of Yuber embodying chaos comes from his true rune's significance in real world cultures, and then his dialogue in Suikoden III confirmed the speculation.

However, there are also other true runes that play a role in chaos and order, and those are the Rune of Change and the Circle Rune respectively.
Georg Prime Minister

Interesting... then in that perspective, one might be led to believe Luc saw order as the Circle rune, yes? The Circle rune comes from Harmonia, meaning Luc was afraid of Harmonia ruling...
Soooo...
We all know Luc hates Sasarai... and no doubt Harmonia. That certainly explains why he was so pissed about the vision, eh?

So... the Circle rune and Harmonia were to rule the world?
JanusThePaladin

Not really. The general idea is that the Suikoden world is held in balance by the presence of the true runes. Each rune is aligned to one side, either order or chaos (with the exception of the Beginning Rune). The True Wind Rune showed Luc a future (a possible future) in which the balance was skewed toward Order. Thats the Ashen World we saw. Luc's plan was to destroy the True Wind Rune, in order to stop this future from happening. Of course if he had succeeded, then there would have been the opposite, a world constantly held in chaos. Yuber is believed to be aligned to chaos, if he isnt, he is definitely a supporter of it, and that is why he helped Luc and company.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there is no information about true runes being aligned to order or chaos, don't make things up.
JanusThePaladin

I thought that the True Wind runes visions confirmed that, but i may be mistaken. My bad.
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

Whatever Luc saw, it was a vision that haunted him.
One of the three heroes (Whoever held the Fire Rune. Storyline Hugo.) saw a glimpse of emptyness at their own hometown.

I am not sure where Yuber stand sor where he is from.
We know he can teleport with the rune & he can vanish just as quick as being summoned.
Only few know the secret of summoning Yuber from wherever he is from.
Windy knew the secret.
Leon Silverburg also knew the secret.
Somehow Albert Silverberg knew the secret as well. Maybe he learned from his uncle Leon.
Do not be mistaken that Luc summoned Yuber. It was Albert who has summoned him.

I am not sure what Chaos & Order has to do with the vision Luc saw.
What Luc saw was sorrow & a fate that would not change.
Order will soon be in effect.
He decided to challenge this fate.
Unfortunately he thought he was doing right & he was trying to do everyone a favor so they can avoid the fate he seen through the Wind Rune.