[FAQ] New Game+ details

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: New Game+ details

Post by Oppenheimer »

Rivera wrote:

Bonuses

-Additions to certain events and conversations(details under investigation)
Does anyone have any examples of this? I wanted to see just how much of a difference some of these conversations have, but it seems so iffy.
Does anyone have an answer to this yet? I'm sure I'd never notice what was different but I'd love a list of the changes.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what do you mean? if you ran into a character earlier in the game, they might mention it later or have different dialogue at some point, such as Jeane, Zegai, Murad, Silva, Oboro and gang, etc.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

hmmmm confused. . . so you could theoretically get all the dialogue in your first playthrough as in your second? There's no "new" dialogue in the new game +, just more opportunities to get the old stuff you missed before?
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Oppenheimer wrote:just more opportunities to get the old stuff you missed before?
Uh... thats the only difference, with armor, items, and potch of your last playthrough carried over during your next playthrough, being the only exception.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

darkphoenix wrote:Jag tror it means you have all items/waepons available from all the shops of Falena as soon as you recruit the shop keepers of the castle.

Ohh thank you! :D And some swedish and all! cool!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Nishi wrote:Just out of curiosity, how does everyone rate the replay value for SuikoV? Like from 1~10...
This section is for gameplay questions, opinion questions must be in this thread:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =43&t=7488

Thanks.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Hey all. Newbie here. Got a question though. I understand from reading this topic that your storage items carry over. When's the earliest you can access them though? I'm wondering around Sol Falena on my New Game+, but can't find storage. Do I have to wait until Rainwall and Chuck?

Thanks.
Your perception is your reality.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes, Chuck runs your storage.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Aww, guess it's going to be waiting for a while then. Oh well. Thanks.
Your perception is your reality.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

not sure if this has been noted or not...but anything that your characters have equipped, is brought over to a New Game+

The Prince had the Karayan Armband equipped, (which is a Victory+ prize in one of the last two strategy battles) and he had it equipped in my New Game+ file.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Avalionis wrote:not sure if this has been noted or not...but anything that your characters have equipped, is brought over to a New Game+

The Prince had the Karayan Armband equipped, (which is a Victory+ prize in one of the last two strategy battles) and he had it equipped in my New Game+ file.
hmmmmmm that's not my experience. i believe everyone started with their initial equipment.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

The earliest you can start retrieving things from your storage is the second you get to Rainwall. Even though its stored at Lord Barows house you can still go there and get all great stuff you left from the previous game. So to make the new game+ worth it, before you end the game make sure you're loaded with a bunch of expensive armor and other items. Also try to not dip into the party sp for the whole game and when you start your next one you can max out the skills atleast of one character right away.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Question- if I were to unequip runes that characters come with (i.e, Nelis has the Rage Rune), and sell them for potch, will the characters (like Nelis) in the New Game+ have those runes equipped on them?
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes as long as the character normally comes equipped with the rune, you can get rid of it and will still get it every time the character is recruited.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

Regarding equipments, whatever your characters had equipped isnt carried over in new game + (they start with their default sets) however items, runes, pieces of armor,...that you have in the items menu are available in the new game + and so from the very start, so you can make your team over powered as early as Lordlake.