the fog ship captain

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
johnrolliemar0709

the fog ship captain

Post by johnrolliemar0709 »

ey... many people have speculated that the fog ship captain hold a connection to the sindar...
mybe the sindar want's all the true rune bearer to give up their rune... i dunno if it's true ehehehe
the sindar clan is really a mystrious clan.... in all suikoden they have a ruins mybe in all suiko world they hve built a ruin's
and rmember when luc dscovred the secret's of sindar??? they have the abblity to assume all the power of the true rune's to doubled ur power... mybe the sindar clan hold's a lot of true rune... just like the rune of punishment
EternalOnslaught

Re: the fog ship captain

Post by EternalOnslaught »

johnrolliemar0709 wrote:ey... many people have speculated that the fog ship captain hold a connection to the sindar...
mybe the sindar want's all the true rune bearer to give up their rune... i dunno if it's true ehehehe
the sindar clan is really a mystrious clan.... in all suikoden they have a ruins mybe in all suiko world they hve built a ruin's
and rmember when luc dscovred the secret's of sindar??? they have the abblity to assume all the power of the true rune's to doubled your power... mybe the sindar clan hold's a lot of true rune... just like the rune of punishment
Really? I just thought the fog ship captain was a creature from another dimension, he comes from the million worlds, and may be from the world of emptiness. Does it imply that the creature had some connection to the Sindar? I can't recall, someone help me out here?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Yep, he's mysterious, Sindar's mysterious but as far as the game says, Foggy is irrelevant with the Sindar and I never felt anything implying he is connected with the Sindar.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Leknaat tells him to return to the Eternal Capital, which just also happens to be the name of the Sindars resting place.

Just about anyone should be able to see the implication.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Leknaat tells him to return to the Eternal Capital, which just also happens to be the name of the Sindars resting place.

Eternal Capital? never heard of it. But you sound convincing. :)
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Leknaat tells him to return to the Eternal Capital, which just also happens to be the name of the Sindars resting place.

Not everyone has played S2, Raww. I didn't realize the connection when I played it either.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Not everyone has played S2, Raww.
Which has what to do with the subject at hand exactly?
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

i think it has to do with the smarmy tone you used in your writing.

Anyway, its been floated around in here before that the fog ship captain is connected to the sindar, but i dont remember which thread it was in. I'd find it, but i'm not a mod so its not my concern.

Anyway, i dont think that the Cap'n is a sindar, per se, but maybe one of their creatures like the twin headed snake?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I actually agree with Raww int he sense that The Fog Ship Captain is a sindar, I dotn however agree with flaming or being overly rude to people. :|

Yeah, umm anyway the fog ship dood was definitly unusual, if he was Sindarian and not just some random creature from the world of emptiness then it opens a lot of speculation as to what the sindar actually are, I rememer the fog ship capn was quite the creepy fellow, and didn't at all resemble a human, which I thought the sindar would. Also the chance he was created By the Sindar is possible as well.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Not everyone has played S2, Raww.
Which has what to do with the subject at hand exactly?
Well, they don't mention the Eternal City in 1 or 3, that I can recall, so the only logical assumption would be that it was mentioned in 2, which would make the tie to the Sindar apparent.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Well, they don't mention the Eternal City in 1 or 3, that I can recall, so the only logical assumption would be that it was mentioned in 2, which would make the tie to the Sindar apparent.
Would it be fair to say that everyone here has at least heard of suikosource at some point in their life?
Rune of Change

Current Owner: Unknown (Leader of the Sindar)

Past Owners: Unknown

A True Rune representing change that affects all in the universe. The powers of this rune and its whereabouts remain a mystery. However, it is said that the Leader of the Sindars hold this rune, forcing the Sindars to move from place to place as a curse. However, it is said that the Sindars finally found their "eternal city" after their eternal wander.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

What is with you man? where does all the hostility come from?

Anyway, in responce to your quote, it is here on suikosource, but it is not mentioned in any of the games. Thus someone who played the games and doesnt know the LOAD of back story behind them would not necessarily be knowledgeable of a single quotation on the entire site.

However, i did know this quotation, and when playing S4, it definitely did not pop into my mind "eternal city? Must be the SINDAR!" As a matter of fact, i assumed the Eternal city was more of a reference to another plane of existence, much like Tanelorn in the Eternal Champion Chronicles. Hell, even Tanelorn has been refered to as the Eternal City.

If the Fog Ship Cap'n has some connection to the Sindar, i see him more likely being a creation of theirs, possibly looking for true runes to rebel against them. I cant imagine that the Cap'n is infact a sindar, as the Sindar definitely had real forms and bodies in the Suikoverse, and Ted mentions that the Fog Ship, and the Cap'n are actually magical illusions to represent something that should not exist on their plane.

I await your angry rebuttal.
johnrolliemar0709

mybe janus is right... mybe the fog ship cap was a creature from sindar to rebel against the true rune.... but the two headed snake in S2 was a guardian in the ruin's..... mybe the sindarin trying to remind the people not to lose hope nd accept deyr destiny just like ted that trying to runnaway his destiny as a true rune bearer....
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

thing is, not everyone played any Suikoden just now

memories tend to deteriorate over time so it's always safe to assume that what the other is saying maybe false

so don't go jumping through hoops by a single comment and keep it cool

in my convoluted mind, i do recall that scene where Leknaat ordered the ship capn to go back to some city

i dunno why, but i did assumed that the city Leknaat was talking about was the city of the Sindar

where it was told that they migrated to, in order to escape some rune's fate or something
johnrolliemar0709

yep... leknaat used her magic to send the fog ship capn to eternal city.. the final resting place of sindar... its just that im curious bot sindar cause in all suikoden they hvae a ruins or connection againts the true rune... mybe the sindar is the ancient civilasation in suikoworld