[Secret] Bribe glitch

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Bribe glitch?

Post by KFCrispy »

i want to see a speed-run recording using the bribe glitch. i wonder how fast this game can be completed with all characters recruited..
oops

Post by oops »

Mikain Clan King wrote:I don't see why anyone would actually want to do this though...I mean arn't boss fights fun for you guys?
Yes they sure are, there are many areas that we like to explore so that we know as much as possible about the game. So this trick is just as interesting as boss fights as it opens up other doors to explore :D
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

also if your party is too powerful, you can skip waiting to lose against Neclord in Warrior's Village. the PSP version lets you stack like 99 Water Rune Pieces one a weapon, making the character basically impossible to kill unless killed in 1 round.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

KFCrispy wrote:also if your party is too powerful, you can skip waiting to lose against Neclord in Warrior's Village. the PSP version lets you stack like 99 Water Rune Pieces one a weapon, making the character basically impossible to kill unless killed in 1 round.
Holy crap why would they let you do that?

But I don't really find the glitch interesting, but thats just probably me....
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
oops

Post by oops »

I don't believe that they intended to do that but they messed with the code a little bit. Also they messed with the xp code also.

Not a very good conversion but I would of guessed they had little time to work with it.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Does doing this bribe trick affect the game in any way?
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Not at all. You will miss the money and the items, but the game continues normal.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Re: [Secret] Bribe glitch

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

This glitch is funny and it does work on the Final Boss (Golden Hydra). I doubt it has anything to do with the potch you have. I had 1025 potch and bribe glitched the Golden Hydra. As for other bosses battles, the game simply moves on with the plot whether you were suppose to win or lose the battle to continue with the story. I doubt it would shave a large amount of time off a total time in a speed run as boss battles don't last long anyway with experienced players or overtrained characters.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Yeah but to get those over-trained characters you would have to put time into them, shaving off 'speed run' time.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

Are there some special requirements to get the birbe glitch to work? I managed to use it on Neclord, but failed with the sphere boss in Seek Valley and with the Shell boss in Shesherazade. Is it working all the time with you guys?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what is the issue you are experiencing? i think it would work perfectly fine on all boss battles. it just doesn't work for recruiting the Pirates because it's waiting for you to score a victory within a certain number of turns and you technically don't win from the bribe glitch--but it does end the battle, and in most cases that is the trigger to continue the story.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

It's just not putting an end to the fight - I try to bribe the boss, don't see any message as I press the X button fast and the fight carries on - like it would happen if the party'd failed to make a deal.

I tried again tonight against the shell to no avail. I've seen it working on YouTube, so it must be possible, I'm doing something wrong but I can't pinpoint what.

I'm using a PAL copy on a PS2, but I read some users here managed to trigger the glitch on the PAL version....

Does it have anything to do with the amount of money you hold?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Just like it says in the first post: it doesn't work unless you have the money required to bribe them.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

It still does not work with a 999,999 potches :(
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

KFCrispy wrote:i want to see a speed-run recording using the bribe glitch. i wonder how fast this game can be completed with all characters recruited..

You cannot always use the bribe glitch through the game,and recruit all characters...

1) Because you'll have to fight against Kwanda and Teo in a duel at some point of the game.
2) The 3 pirates in order to be recruited,they have to be beaten up.
3) In order to recruit Lorelai and Eikei,you must be level 25 and 40,respectively

Although i rushed the game,without recruiting any optional characters,skipping dialogues,having Stallion always in my party,and bribed some bosses when i had enough money to bribe them,and it lasted only 4 and half hours.

Actually,the game lasts about 15 hours with all characters recruited,without bribing any boss,and collecting all sound sets,window sets,old books and completing Ivanov's painting....it's very-very short.

darkphoenix wrote:It still does not work with a 999,999 potches :(

When you bribe them,press X button very quickly 2-3 times