Now playing: Final Fantasy IX

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
RangerDeon

Re: Now playing: Final Fantasy IX

Post by RangerDeon »

:D:D

Its ok, as soon as I turned it off, I realized where i had to go. Tomorrow I shall go there.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Mackasplaff wrote:BTW KFC you seem to know this forum pretty well. Do you know if there is a topic about the OST:s of the Suikoden games?
if you haven't found them already, check out the Collectibles forum.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

for some reason, playing this made me want to play FF12.

. . .that. . and balthier.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Annallee

Post by Annallee »

hmmm... i think FF: IX is much better than the first final fantasy game.
well, I also played FFIX when I was young.
"Cause this is real and this is good. It warms the inside just like it should.
But most of all, its built to last..."

-Built To Last by Melee

I'm a member of http://www.PATRIOTS.com chat rooms and forums. I love New England Patriots!!!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've stopped playing for a while now. my gf gets tired of games easily -_-... then we got Okami and completed it.. much more fun :)
FF 9 is getting a bit tedious. there is no point to fighting except to grind for SP to learn more skills (whoop-dee-do....) and then you keep getting useless cards for the extremely lame mini-game that gives you no bonuses whatsoever for playing it.
we're at the point where the party's escaped the main bad guy's castle/prison... there are hints of some other civilization which wasn't part of the beginning of the story whatsoever so it's giving me the feeling of another generic FF story.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Met Kujo yet? He's the only narcissist I've ever seen in a Final fantasy game so that's got to give the game some brownie points in my eyes.

Other than that I found the game entertaining enough to get though (keep in mind I played it when it first came out, and I'm a lot more picky with video games now) but then I promptly forgot about it.

One thing I found strange was the "optional" sequences where you press start when prompted. Why did they make these optional? It seems like just a gimic to me.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The main problem I had with this game was the similarities that Zidane and Kuja had with Saiyans and their whole Goku/Vegeta relationship. I also think they could've done better with Garland <_<
I hope everything is going delicious.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Shucks.....I just remembered the time when I was playing FFIX a few years back.....got so far.....but then my idiotic brother deleted my data 'cause he didn't care.

But I enjoyed the Chocobo Hot-and-Cold game very much though....funnest mini-game I've ever played....and Wo0t for Kuja....
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I remember stuff some about this game, especially the part where I could beat it and my dad couldn't, I don't think he tried very much after he couldn't beat it, maybe like 3-7 times as a guess....but that was a really long time ago. The only reason I could beat the last boss was because I had mastered the Rebirth ring and I had it equipped on Sarah.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg