Money help in Ch.1 Hugo

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
RiceBowl52

Money help in Ch.1 Hugo

Post by RiceBowl52 »

Does anyone know how to make some decent cash In hugo's story since he only starts with 1k? Thanks a bunch
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Well...I just used my Action Replay Max. Infinite money forever baby.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Shadowflame

Post by Shadowflame »

I walk around killing monsters. That's the classic way to get money.
adrich
Elite Member

Post by adrich »

The best way by far to make money in Suikoden III is the lottery. Buy some tickets (10 sequential will guarantee a profit) go out and fight for a while (you'll get money, skill points, and hopefully some rare items from that, as well) and then go back into town. Save before you check the board, and if you don't get what you want just reset and the numbers will be different, provided you didn't look at them before saving.
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

you can make about 10000 potch in Hugo's first chapter. when you deliver the pentacle to Chris's house you can ask for money and the butler will give you 5000. then you ask for another 5000 if you think it's not enough. but i always want to be a good person so i don't accept any money and just fight monters and treasure bosses. :wink:
"If you have nothing better to say to me, then leave me alone." -me
Shadowflame

Post by Shadowflame »

Killing monsters gives you some money, skill points and experience points. Now that's really useful.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

remove and sell Lulu's Sword of Gale Rune in Duck Village to help you start your gambling addiction... there is also a Medicine and Antidote in Karaya Village that a duck and lil girl give to you so you don't need to buy extra items.

Since you can pick up Gale Runes from the Bunnies in North Amur Plains, i usually spend some time fighting around, waiting for the lottery in Duck Village to finish.

When you first get to Zexay, you can probably play the lottery at least twice during Hugo's stay but you have to remember to finish up the tickets you're holding before going to the inn after finally handing the treaty letter over (try to do it before handing it in so you can save at the inn for reloading purposes!).