[Guide] List of MISSABLE characters

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Captain_Howdy0104

Re: List of MISSABLE characters

Post by Captain_Howdy0104 »

That's ok...nevermind...I have recuited him...I just found out that the rumour is repeating...tnx anyway...
Breakleon

Post by Breakleon »

Could anyone please clarify if i had permanently missed Chisato? What i have done is: saw her puppet show on the first visit, then asked her to join, which she, of course, refused. On the second visit, with Bernadette in my party, i triggered the scene with pirates & a child, however i did not talk to Chisato about it, instead starting the quest to get Yahr & Nelis. After that quest, however, the pirate gang & the soldier, saying it is too dangerous, disappeared. Since then, each time i come to Nirva Island(with Bernadette in my party), there is no scene in the port & all Chisato says to me is "Your Highness, i know the country needs you now, but please come back and visit sometime!" The question is: will i ever be able to recruit her in this play-through somehow - by waiting for some time before revisiting, or some other means, or am i screwed & Chisato is lost forever?
Ninjalizer

Post by Ninjalizer »

So I didn't do the investigation for Oboro in Rainwall. I'm currently asking him after every event to join so I can get him later.

The problem is that I am now in Lelcar. After the events in Sable (following Lelcar), I will be going back to try for Oboro again. Will I miss my opportunity to get Nakula if I am still unable to get Oboro after Sable?

I know there is only a short time frame to get Nakula... but I need Oboro to do so.

Thanks.
In order of greatness:
S3 > S2 > S5 > S1 > S4
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Breakleon wrote:Could anyone please clarify if i had permanently missed Chisato?
Sounds to me like you might be in trouble there. If you started her sequence but didn't talk to her when it was done you might have missed your chance. A lot of the characters are very picky on what you do when you have the opportunity to recruit them (although this thread was really more for characters that you can miss by starting their recruiting sequence too late in the story). I say go back and give it another shot before heading to stormfist's battle, also checking around where the pirates were to see if you can reactivate the sequence.
Ninjalizer wrote: The problem is that I am now in Lelcar. After the events in Sable (following Lelcar), I will be going back to try for Oboro again. Will I miss my opportunity to get Nakula if I am still unable to get Oboro after Sable?
I don't think you can recruit Oboro's unit after the Beaver Lodge scene if you didn't do the investigation so just keep trying to recruit him and when you finally do head back and see Nakula and see if he's still in the Inn. I know that isn't much help but it's a catch-22. You have to progress the story to get Oboro and you don't want to progress the story because it will eventually cause Nakula to leav. You do have a small window of time to do it, you don't have to do it as soon as it's possible. Unfortunately I don't know exactly at what point he leaves. You'd think it'd be possible to get Oboro the alternate way before he does though. Otherwise, it'd make not doing the investigation automatically make you loose your chance at getting all 108 stars.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

son_michael wrote:
Madame Zhang wrote:My question was where the Bath is located in the HQ. Just to check, by the Siege of Sol-Falena I should have all 108 stars recruited, right?
you should have them before you liberate stormfist
Well, actually... you can still recruit after liberating Stormfist and they would count in the 108's completion. A prime example is Eresh's alternate star, who can be recruited after liberating Stormfist.
StvNash

Post by StvNash »

Where do we get the painting to recruit Bastan? I seem like can't found it at all...
and
How to actually recruit Egbert? I have went inside the tunnel and talk to him so many times, but he keep saying the same thing... The long long long word...
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Wrong Thread but anyway..

For Bastan, search the Revolving Bridge's dungeon and encounter enemies till they drop ?paintings. Have it appraised with Bastan. Note that the Revolving Bridge will only be unlocked within the recruitment events of Babbage and afterwards.

For Egbert, DON'T PRESS (X) AND RUSH WHILE HE IS SCREAMING HIS SPEECH! lol.
Just make sure you're gonna wait for that long text and only press X when the textbox is full.

It requires patience,dude. Hope to be of help.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
StvNash

Post by StvNash »

Runemaster wrote:Wrong Thread but anyway..

For Bastan, search the Revolving Bridge's dungeon and encounter enemies till they drop ?paintings. Have it appraised with Bastan. Note that the Revolving Bridge will only be unlocked within the recruitment events of Babbage and afterwards.

For Egbert, DON'T PRESS (X) AND RUSH WHILE HE IS SCREAMING HIS SPEECH! lol.
Just make sure you're gonna wait for that long text and only press X when the textbox is full.

It requires patience,dude. Hope to be of help.
patient..... :| i'll try it out :shock: thx dude
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

please don't ask how to recruit characters in this thread. check our guides, other topics, and if you can't find the right help, create a new topic.
Royi

Re: [Guide] List of MISSABLE characters

Post by Royi »

Great thread, thanks for the information. Nothing bugged me when I found out I missed Pahn when I first played Suikoden 1 (i thought he went to prison and I would rescue him later) and when I missed Clive the first time through Suikoden 2 (didn't know about having to HAVE to bump into Eliza). These threads are always helpful :)
The answer is 42
adren99

Post by adren99 »

guys , is killey missable ? im reading the guide , but on prison where you will have to free killey i cant talk to him :( and i just knew that the guards of lucretia will have to be put on your party to talk to killey

but im done with that , i have the castle now
the question is , is there a second chance where i can free killey at the prison ?
and what is queen's campaign ? i need help pls , thanks !!
"chaos would suit me just fine"
"even the deads tell me their secrets"
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Some Charakters will disappear after the new queen's campaign:

-Wilhelm and Mueller. I belive the latest point of recruitment is after the invasion of Doraat. After the new queen's campaign they will disappear.
-Richard could become a non recruitable charakter if you don't have Wilhelm and Mueller.
-Yahr and Nelis... well they join you only when you agree to destroy the rune canons on that ship cemetery. When you want that rune canons for yourself they will return to the Island Nation Federation
-Oboro + Crew will also disappear after the new queen's campaign. And for not recruiting Oboro you will lose Shigure, Sagiri, Fuyo, Nakula and Raven which is a great punishment. Stick with him during the investigation in Rainwall and NEVER CRITICISE his methods!

It's been a long long time since I played Suikoden 5 last... oh boy.. I think I'll have to play it again.. and again, and again, and again, and again... :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
ChikouStar

Post by ChikouStar »

Hey, I know this thread is four years old, but I just actually finished my first playthrough of Suikoden V very recently and thought I would input!

I was actually able to recruit both Oboro and Nakula after Doraat. Didn't help out in their investigation, so I just kept asking and asking--Oboro agreed after liberating Doraat but before the Queen's Campaign. Was able to get Nakula right after getting Oboro.

Also, on a side note, I actually picked the option to NOT destroy the Rune Cannons, but Nelis and Yahr joined me anyways. Not really sure how that works, but just mentioning it anyways haha.