Transferring Suikoden 1 data to Suikoden 2 (PSP emulator)

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
eternal_sins

Transferring Suikoden 1 data to Suikoden 2 (PSP emulator)

Post by eternal_sins »

This is for Suikoden in PSP. Not the JAP Suikoden I,II. This is using the EBOOT (PSX in PSP). When you play suikoden 2, and want to load the previous suikoden, there will be no Suikoden file eventhough you actually have it.

Ok! Finally, I manage to load the Suikoden file in my Suikoden 2 game! Credit to me! Just to share with people who probably have the same problem as me. You need CWCheat by the way. This is what I did.Before I start on anything. Let me swear again that I did not find this guide in the internet. Somehow I just thought this should work out so I tried and it did work out. Lucky me huh?! Sorry if it is not actually helpful. . and funny. .

The case!
Start a new game in Suikoden 2. After naming your character, select yes when prompted whether you want to load the previous file Suikoden. Then, select memory card 1. After a few second, it say, there will be no Suikoden file.

Sins: WTH! I swear I have complete Suikoden and I swear I have the file. . . WHAT THE F. . .
Eternal: Fear not my friends! I will guide you!
Sins: Please tell me! I want Mcdohl in Suikoden 2! [Kneeling down pulling Eternal sleeve.]
Eternal: Ok. . just let me go. . [AHEM.] This is what you have to do.
Sins: :P
Eternal: But before that, make sure you have CWCheat and Suikoden save(Gregminster) and Suikoden 2
Sins: DUH! :roll:
Eternal: . . . . . . let me start then.

Explanation!
1) Start your Suikoden 2 game. Select 'NEW GAME'. Then name your character. For me, I put 'Riou'. Confirm your character name. You will the asked whether you want to load saved data from the first "Suikoden". Select 'Yes'. Then choose 'MEMORY CARD Slot 1'. After checking for file, a dialogue will appear saying, 'There is no Suikoden 1 save data'. Press the HOME button and quit the game.
2) Now start your Suikoden 1 game. I'm sure you already have Suikoden 1 save right? So, let's get straight to the point! If you don't have the Suikoden save, then play a new game and complete it. Make sure you save at the Gregminster castle savepoint before fighting the Golden idiot.
3) Now that you have the Suikoden 1 save file, at the main screen title of the Suikoen 1 game, hold down select to go to CWCheat(make sure the plugin is already enabled). Ok back to the main screen title. Hold down select and go to CWCheat. Select the 'Manage Memory Cards'. Then, choose, 'Save Memory Card 1 to Memory Stick'. Look below. It should say,

Currently selected Memory Card file : SLUS_00292-0.mcr
Last Operation : OK!!

Exit the cheat, press HOME and quit the game.
4) Now start your Suikoden 2 game. At the main title, hold down select to enter CWCheat. Select 'Manage Memory Cards.'. Then, select 'Load Memory Card 1 from Memory Sticks'. Look below and it will say

Currently selected Memory Card file : SLUS_00958-0.mcr
Last Operation : open error 0x80010002!

Sins: WTH!! Hey. .
Eternal: Shut up and listen!
Sins: . . . . . .
Eternal: Now where was I. . OH!

5)Error huh. Hmm. . Let me think. . AH!! Exit the CWCheat and quit the game. Connect your PSP to your computer. Now that you are at the root of your memory card, click 'seplugins'>'cwcheat'>'mc'. In this folder, there should be 2 file.
-MEMORY_CARDS_HERE
-SLUS_00292-0.mcr
Remember the error? the .mcr you are having is SLUS_00292-0.mcr. Suikoden 2 are different so you have to rename it. Look at step 4; 'Currently selected Memory Card file : SLUS_00958-0.mcr'. Just rename the SLUS_00292-0.mcr to SLUS_00958-0.mcr'. Simple right? Almost there!
6) Disconnect and turn on your PSP. Start Suikoden 2 and enter CWCheat(You know how by now) at the main title screen. Select 'Manage Memory Cards' and 'Load Memory Card 1 from Memory Stick'. Look below and it will say;

Currently selected Memory Card file : SLUS_00958-0.mcr
Last Operation : OK!!

Exit the cheat and start a NEW GAME!
7) Name your character and confirm it. Select 'Yes' when prompt to load saved data from the first "Suikoden". Then select 'MEMORY CARD Slot 1'. After checking the card, THERE YOU HAVE IT! You Suikoden 1 saved data. Select it, confirm 'Yes' and after its done Loading, you can start playing!

Sins: WOW! Thanks alot mister! Now I can kick ass the final boss with Mcdohl.
Eternal: Erm. . actually. .
Sins: What?
Eternal: Since I just done this too, I'm only starting the game. I'm not sure how it will goes. .
Sins: . . . . (clenching fist) . . . . BAKA!
Eternal: HALT! Look behind you. . . (RUN AWAY!)
Sins: OI!!
Eternal: Just play the game! Anything just PM me if there is an error or Mcdohl is still unavailable! BYE!
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Transferring Suikoden 1 data to Suikoden 2

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yeah... that's so much easier than giving Suikoden and Suikoden II's eboots the same Save ID and loading it the normal way *facepalm*
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Oh. . there is actually a way??
Memori cinta berbunga
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya

-Merpati

www.hady-mirza.com
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

I search the net. Some people also have trouble transfering data.

Final Fantasy 7 have 3 disc. To transfer saved data in between the disc. Just follow the same step.
This should work out for game that need transferring. EBOOT that is. .
Memori cinta berbunga
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya

-Merpati

www.hady-mirza.com
MystikDuck

Re: Transferring Suikoden 1 data to Suikoden 2 (PSP emulator)

Post by MystikDuck »

I Found an easier way, When you get into Suikoden II Press home, go to memory card management, Import then Pick your save file from your Suikoden I game and import it onto the current card for Suikoden II and bang, you have your save ready to go. I don't even know what CWCheat is and I kinda stumbled on that when I was playing around before bed. Hope this helps ^_^

EDIT: Shouldn't old characters have a stat boost? My Viktor and Flik are both at 20 and they were at 60 something at the end of Suikoden I, shouldn't they be 22 or something?
VinceValentine

Re: Transferring Suikoden 1 data to Suikoden 2 (PSP emulator)

Post by VinceValentine »

Lets break it down into statistics.
Let's say Viktor was level 63 at the end of Suikoden 1 and in Suikoden 2 he starts at level 20:

20 + [20 x ((63 - 50)/100)] = 22.6 (round down to get 22) = level 22

If the character's level was below 50, then the Suikoden 1 level is considered as 50.
If your re-appearing character was levelled up to level 99 in Suikoden 1, that character will get an automatic +5 bonus on his/her character's level in Suikoden 2 AFTER doing the equation above.

Thats for all re-appearing characters as well.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.