[Rumor] Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
highwind44029

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Post by highwind44029 »

aaabbbcccddd wrote:You can throw definitions at me all you want.

Adverb

* S: (adv) reasonably, moderately, pretty, jolly, somewhat, fairly, middling, passably (to a moderately sufficient extent or degree) "pretty big"; "pretty bad"; "jolly decent of him"; "the shoes are priced reasonably"; "he is fairly clever with computers"

Basically you are disregarding the fact that I am "certain to a degree", and just saying that the word "pretty" doesn't matter and are taking the word certain at face value. Although you can argue it's redundant, many people use the phrase "pretty certain" or "pretty sure", and I'm pretty certain this isn't the place to critique someone's English skills.
You were saying "pretty certain" was equal to "not sure", which even in your definition, is false. I'm going to take that as you accepting your mistake.

Chaco, is there still a room upstairs though? Because if there is, there is some evidence that the thing does exist. However, if there's nothing there as you say, then that should be enough to disprove people's claims that they got treasure or whatnot. A screencap would be helpful.
Mackasplaff

Post by Mackasplaff »

Im not sure about going up there but i remember a while ago she teleported me to a random spot in the map and i would have been stuck if i didnt have my blinkin mirror.. i cant remember were it was but i think it was somewere near the dragons den.. but am not sure has this happend to anyone else?
Yeah right, like they would make it possible to make you stuck in the game. Since the blinking mirror could be in someone elses inventory they would never make that a possibility. Viki doesn´t misteleport in S 1, you may think of a misteleport in S V when you need the blinking mirror to come back cause it happens in that game.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

There is nothing there, no room, no nothing. There is no event script and no treasure. People are thinking about the other room in Suikoden 2.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
wilikas

Re: [Rumor] Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store

Post by wilikas »

I couldn't be bothered reading 7 pages of varying opinions, but i vividly remember being upstairs in the Forest Village Item Store in the PAL version of Suikoden, I can't remember how I get there, Viki probably screwed up >.>.
I do remember treaure chests being up there though.

*Just loaded an old save game to check, and i was wrong, I couldn't get up there, must be thinking of a different room.*

But i'm sure i've been up there... >.< I'm going to be thinking about this all night now, damn... This'll be a good excuse for another playthrough. :lol:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

wilikas wrote:I couldn't be bothered reading 7 pages of varying opinions, but i vividly remember being upstairs in the Forest Village Item Store in the PAL version of Suikoden, I can't remember how I get there, Viki probably screwed up >.>.
I do remember treaure chests being up there though.

*Just loaded an old save game to check, and i was wrong, I couldn't get up there, must be thinking of a different room.*

But i'm sure i've been up there... >.< I'm going to be thinking about this all night now, damn... This'll be a good excuse for another playthrough. :lol:
Your confusing the room with the room in Radat in Suikoden II.
wilikas

Post by wilikas »

Most probably I am, I tend to get my facts mixed up all the time! :shock:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Okay unless you have somehow have a picture that is not fake or from Suikoden II, DO NOT BOTHER POSTING "I SEEM TO RECALL..." RESPONSES. In fact, there is enough information to invalidate this rumor by now, so this thread is closed. If you EVER somehow find this place that doesn't exist, post a new thread with the picture. Anything with no substantial evidence will be closed/deleted.

CelesDestiny used a walk-through-walls code and found no "upstairs" room: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10592