Toran Castle's layout

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Toran Castle's layout

Post by KFCrispy »

Toran Castle's ground floor stairs does not make sense. it is all the way on the right of the ground floor, and you have to go further right to get to the next floor. but you end up next to the elevator...

Ground floor: (D)ownstairs, (E)levator, (U)pstairs
D_____E_____U

the stair section has you go up right down

1st floor..
_____DEU_____
Benthos

Re: Toran Castle's layout

Post by Benthos »

Yeah, you're right. It makes me confuse actually. When I'm in a hurry inside the castle, I run into the stairs and then I arrive at the point I was before because I ran in the same direction.
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

i never paid attention to this, and i have never even noticed this :roll:
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Toran castle was my LEAST favorite HQ in the whole series.......
(because it looked like a huge pile of bird droppings on the outside........sorry for offending some people)

You're right, it IS very confusing.
(That's why I'd rather be out on an adventure than stay in that castle and get lost on the stairs...)
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

WichitaQ wrote:i never paid attention to this, and i have never even noticed this :roll:
same here

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Now that you mention it, it IS pretty crazy. But, Toran wasn't much of a castle in the first place, really just a hollow rock that jutted out of the lake and made a cozy home for a perfectly nice zombie dragon until someone had to show up and start killing things!

Anyway, Toran made no sense, particularly when you consider that there were no grunts or footsoldiers hanging around. Where did the army stay between battles? No one knows.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It used to serve as a base for the Imperial Navy, until Sonya Shulen moved her troops to the newly built Shaharazade.

In fact, Sonya was the one who left the Dragon to look after the place in their absence. It didn't conveniently turn the fortress into its home by pure chance.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Oh......well, poo. Of course, this begs the question, how could Sonya command undead (or even living) dragons? She didn't have a Black Rune.

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

She didn't need to command the zombie dragon, all she did was summon the thing (and apparently she knew how to do that sort of stuff). The zombie dragon was just there to kill anything that entered, and that didn't require any commanding by the general.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Still, the thing had wings, and was clearly mobile, so she must have at least been able to command it to stay within the castle. Outside of powerful commands or magic, I don't really see how one could control a dangerous undead monstrosity like that. Maybe she did have a Black Rune, and the whole "rune-burning-away" scene for her got cut from the final game?

Georg = Batman?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The dragon probably couldn't get out of the castle, considering where it was positioned. I don't think it would have tried to blast its way out for fear of having the castle cave in on it.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

dragon: "goddamnit, i've been summoned to another castle and the paths are too narrow for me to get out again!!!"
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Man...now I feel bad for that dragon. There he was just relaxing in bizarro world, or where ever summoned critters come from, then some bossy blonde calls him into a whole different dimension and traps him in a crappy hollow rock formation, and for what? To keep out squatters?

Poor Zombie Dragon. He just can't catch a break.

Georg = Batman?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Man...now I feel bad for that dragon. There he was just relaxing in bizarro world, or where ever summoned critters come from, then some bossy blonde calls him into a whole different dimension and traps him in a crappy hollow rock formation, and for what? To keep out squatters?

Poor Zombie Dragon. He just can't catch a break.
Oh great, now I'm going to feel bad next time I play through the game.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Sorry. I shall refrain from mentioning his wife and kids, who shall never know why daddy never returned from the ethereal grocery store that fateful day...

Georg = Batman?