best Long range attackers?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Hxc Flavor

best Long range attackers?

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I figured it'd be fun to use 1 or 2 Long range fighters as strong attackers. Who are some of the best? I was already thinking Clive and Shilo. Clive's multiple hit rate is almost as good as Nanami's, and he's got decent stats too. I was also thinking Shilo. Last time I used him he got more criticals than anyone else. With a Killer or Double Beat, he could cause some pretty good damage. I realize both of these characters both only have rune rune slot, which makes them a bit weak. Who else could work? Rina maybe?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

for me, the long range fighters i use the most are Stallion and Kinnison. both are really good. i think Stallion has two or three rune slots and Kinnison has two. Rina's pretty good with magic (I guess) but she's ok with her attacks.
"If you have nothing better to say to me, then leave me alone." -me
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I always push for Rina as the best L-range attacker because she is the only l-range fighther who has three open rune-slots. This means she would be able to deal a lot more damage to enemies than single-slot characters.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Argento Breesa wrote:for me, the long range fighters i use the most are Stallion and Kinnison. both are really good. i think Stallion has two or three rune slots and Kinnison has two. Rina's pretty good with magic (I guess) but she's ok with her attacks.
Stallion only has 2 rune slots, which unfortunately only one of them is open (the other one was occupied with True Holy Rune). But he's still a good L-range character to me due to his high speed.

Kinnison is good, just give him Fury and Double Beat Rune and you'll be fine. Same goes for Ayda. Or even better use them both and equip Double Strike and Fury, and let their unite work. Stallion could replace one of them but due to his only 1 open slot, he wouldn't deal as high damage if compared to the two.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in terms of attacking ability in this game, it's mostly about rune slots. if you want someone with many rune slots to equal or better Clive and Shilo in multiple hits and criticals, use a Killer and Gale.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

I'd say the best long ranger is Rina

3 Free rune slots
Free weapon rune slot
No fixed equipment

If you raise her atk useing stones then she her ATK stat can reach 455. If you then give her a weapon rune and runes like fury, double-beat, double-strike etc. then she will be doing plenty of damage per turn.

I think the next best long rangers are Kinnison and Ayda. Slightly worse than Rina as they each have one less rune slot, but they are probably naturally better attackers (not sure though) and they also have a unite that hits all enemies for 0.5 x damage. If you raise their attack high enough with runes and equipment then they will be able to kill almost all monsters on the screen in one unite. If you'd rather just have one long ranger you could give Rina a Kite rune, as the effect is pretty identical to the unite.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

One problem that I faced while I used Rina with the Kite-D.Strike-Fury setup is the fact that D.Strike would make her receive 1.5x damage as well. I was so scared when I fought the Beast Rune. Luckily, it always waste a turn or two using the status attack (which didn't manage to affect Rina, though affected my Riou and Luc). The only time the Beast Rune really attacked three times during 1 turn, it easily KO'ed my Rina (strangely not Eilie, who also had D.Strike attached).

So yeah, while Rina could deal high damage (which is still not as high as against normal monsters compared to when facing Beast Rune), proper care must be taken for her defense as well. Might be a safer choice to use D.Beat-Fury-Gale (or replace one of them with magic rune) instead.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Stallion and Clive are good choices.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Divine Dragon

Post by Divine Dragon »

Well, my favorite long range character would have to be Sasuke, because he has a pretty decent speed rate plus, he already comes equipped with a Killer Rune, which allows him to deal out critical hits easier.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

clive and sasuke...their stas are pretty good(sasukes speed and clives multiple hits) but to tell you the truth mainly cause theyre so cool looking
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Clive attacks like 3 times every round.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Blitzkrieg wrote:Clive attacks like 3 times every round.
It doesn't happen all the time though.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

It's pretty frequent for me. Every other fight he does that, or criticals.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

clive does seem to get a lot of hits. how come you cant get multiple hits on one enemy, sort of like how double beat works? i dont see why its possible to attack 3 different enemies but not attack the same enemy once.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Clive's deffinitly one of the best long-range attackers. But I'd rather stick to the classic formation, fighters in the front row and spell-casters in the back row (Mazus). I think Stallion and Ayda are pretty good, especially when they level up a bit because their Unite attack can inflict damage on all enemies. So It's good to let them gather some experience and then sharpen up their weapons as much as possible. 8)
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!