Heroes season 2: completely disappointing

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Heroes season 2: completely disappointing

Post by KFCrispy »

starting from the last episodes of the first season of Heroes, i've become extremely disappointed with the series. the first several episodes of season 2 seemed almost pointless, as a few characters were introduced but their abilities and stories were monotonous throughout the episodes, seeming to be re-introducing them each show and having no direction. old characters have been doing their own things and nothing particularly of interest. it's come down to what i hear is the "season finale" - is it really? can it end so poorly?

-end of season 1: why did everyone decide to just forget about Sylar and nobody even noticed he had slipped away into the sewers???

-end of season 1: okay this woman named Digital was supposed to be taking down the Company and appeared for 5 seconds in the actual episodes of season 1 talking to the Nuclear Man. she disappeared and.... yeah she just plain disappeared. good job. why have comics and even a website for her big plans to take down the Company on the website if she is never to do anything whatsoever??

-the "conflict" that ended in Noah Bennet being shot didn't make any sense. Dr. Suresh could have just asked for some samples of blood from Claire, no need for kidnapping or shooting anyone (since that was all that was needed from Claire, and they could even arrange an agreement to get blood from her periodically and they would leave the family alone). Noah didn't have to go bonkers and try to kill Bob, at least for the reason he stated ("so you won't touch Claire"??? see my reasoning above). sure there were other reasons to kill Bob (as he is pretty much leading development in the Company) but Noah didn't even mention this. Bob didn't even really ask Claire to help out when he had kidnapped her, even though she was completely willing to. can you believe the first 3 or so episodes that had Claire actually thinking about using her abilities to help others led to such a pathetic conclusion?

-what are Adam, Claire and Suresh's bloodtypes? all O negative, are you serious? that's a really fat chance. but otherwise, why can they simply transfer their blood without having to worry about blood being rejected like in real life?

-what's up with showing Claire and Peter Pan aka Superboy dating and being for like 6 episodes? who cares??? we got the idea from when they first met.

-rare mutations too common? considering their abilities, Claire should have to be related to Adam, which makes Peter and Nathan related to Adam as well. Peter Pan should be Nathan's son since he can also fly... considering this show is based on rare mutations, how is it that the ability to fly can be so common that 2 people in the world that are not related have the same ability? and if they ARE related, then Claire and Superboy are doing some serious incesting.

-"Adam can't be killed so we locked him up"... umm even the scientist woman who left the company knew how to "kill" him - just separate his head from the body and keep it that way. (though i can think of several more..) which makes us wonder why he was only "locked up" in the first place.
*this faulty logic lead to the strange solution of sending Peter into the air at the end of season 1. why was Claire afraid of shooting Peter since he wouldn't have died? why couldn't Niki just knock him out? cut his head off with a sword or stick something in the back of his head like before?

-what the heck were the original Company members' abilities? they were gathered by Adam because they were special yet most of them have yet to reveal their powers even when they were going to be killed while their children are quite gifted: Hiro's father, Peter and Nathan's parents, scientist lady, Bob.

-along with the above point, the dialogue is getting real tiresome with lots of "can't talk about them" "it's complicated" BS of trying to keep secrets and information to remain mysterious. a 5-year-old might like how uberly mysterious these people are but i consider it a cop-out, a poor way of telling story and developing characters. many things in this show are way too contrived.

-Sylar and the Mexicans: okay why did it only take Sylar like 1 hour to get out of the huge jungle? other than that, the Mexicans' story has been the same since day one. run away from cops, heading to America. i know it's a long drive to New York, but they seem to have spent the majority of the episodes still trying to cross the border.... once they got to Texas, they were in NYC in like 2 days. and their story has not changed one bit. no plot twists, just straight up boring.

-why did they have Micah's father "come back to life" just to become a fireman then actually die again, all before the second season starts? there was no point of telling his story because he didn't accomplish anything significant to the overall storyline. i feel like this was yet another contrived time-wasiting addition written in for no good reason.

-Micah, his female cousin, and Niki's roles have been completely useless so far. Niki took in the virus but unless she actually starts to spread the virus, saving or killing her will be meaningless. Micah and his cousin have not done anything whatsoever. i hope those hoodlums beat them up bad and make a good $5 off stealing the comic books.

-end of last episode: Hiro is about to attack Peter. Hiro went to the Texas location to stop Adam from releasing the virus, yet he does not explain it that way to Peter. instead, he tells Peter he wants revenge for his father's death and charges at Peter. are you serious?

1. if characters are not going to do anything new in an episode, don't show them.. you're just wasting time so the other stories have less screen time and therefore don't have to develop/reveal much.
2. stop being vague with lines such as "they have done things you don't want to know about". the dialogue was decent in season 1, but it's gotten ridiculously childish in season 2 in an attempt to keep viewers watching, hoping the information will be revealed later.
3. stop making such contrived story events such as Hiro attacking Peter. it would save Hiro time by explaining to Peter what the situation is, and it makes more sense for Hiro to talk it out with a friend. it would make sense for Claire to have reached an agreement with the Company and for Dr. Suresh to talk it out with Noah instead of causing problems with such vagueness.
4. instead of showing characters who are doing nothing, why not touch upon other characters who *should* be doing something yet are not featured? Matt, the Digital Girl, Nathan... these people are all working on something big related to the Company.. so are they just clueless and getting nowhere? is showing some characters do nothing but drive for 5 minutes or lay around on a date that much more interesting than what they are doing?
mhatter106

Re: Heroes season 2: completely disappointing

Post by mhatter106 »

haha.. I was just abotu write somethign about this on my website actually after watchign last ngiths.

Season 2 has sucked it HARD.

1. I want the actress who plays Claire Bennet off my TV NOW. She is such a terrible actress, she deliver eveyr single line in the exact same manner. I really don't think she understands who her character is.

2. The Niki character was the most annoying character the entire first seasona nd she hasnt gotten any better this season. I hope she's dead for real.

3. So many episodes this season were just pure unfounded drama for the sake of it. You coudl go several weeks and be convinced you were watchign Days of Our Lives.

Actually, now I'm getting all worked up about this. I think I will write an article about it on my site.

EDIT: and I did.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i just finished watching the last episode and i felt it was much more interesting than the rest of the episodes this season (because the other episodes sucked). however, Sylar should have been killed.. he is so 1-dimensional and uninteresting now. he was actually badass in this episode but he's just rinse-and-repeat material. DO SOMETHING NEW.

this finale was way better than season 1's because while season 1 ended in a completely illogical way, season 2 actually had story and development. but seriously.. the Hiro vs Peter thing was still retarded.
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

to me i find sylar and adam two of the few interesting characters still around.

they are going to have some more balance problems down the line as peter gets more and more overpowered.

btw, bob's power is turning stuff to gold.
altho i cant ever watch the him without think about Ned Ryerson BING! from groundhog day

Phil?? Phil Connors? BING!!!!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

http://tv.ign.com/articles/840/840147p1.html
every editor at IGN talked about how bad the season was. one of the articles reminded me that Peter's irish girlfriend is now in a future that doesn't exist. good job..
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

the power and ablilty thingy is cool. .
but the stroryline is too near to confusing. .

about the researcher know how to kill Adam, its only common sense that once you brain stop
working, you body can't function. So the researcher thought "shoot in the head to stop everything."
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Messiah > Heroes

:twisted:

Yeah, funny how that Sylar guy got sneaked out.
Thaddeus

Post by Thaddeus »

a lot of people hated season 2-- while i dont think it was as good as season 1 I still enjoyed it immensly.

for me the only real dissapointment was its length but that was only due to the writers strike

All in all i think the 2nd season was good it had a bit of a slow start but picked up at the end.

Another poster said that he didnt like claire all that much-- I like claire but he was right (the other poster) in that they arent doing anything with her character at all, she pretty much just makes that pouty kind of face every time the camera is on her. I wanna see her have a real brawl with some other super-power person.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Is it really too bad? I wanted to watch this season more because Kristen Bell joined the cast. But with you guys talking about how disappointing it was, I don't know if I will anymore. By the way, is Kristen doing a good work?
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

meh. shes by no means a positive point, but in her defense i dont think her character was that well written to begin with.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Kristen Bell character has almost no impact to the story whatsoever but they developed some of her background and knowledge to have a role in the next season.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

I actually saw the premiere now, didn't see Kristen yet. I think that some characters could be well introduced, not thrown to the public out of nowhere.

Maya and Alejandro appeared like they were already on the show, and their powers could be more specified, at least with this they could have a well introducement. I don't like the spanish language very much, and I think that their scenes were boring.

Adam/Takezo showed a little charisma with his anti-hero behavior, but it was strange that he was named warrior since he's not even japanese. And I really think he will deserve to be buried by Hiro.

Well, this is it, I can't avaluate more as I only saw one episode, but the bad thing on this certainly was the lack of character introducement.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Season 3 has started. i watched the first couple minutes but had to stop and i'm planning on finishing it soon... but already it's got problems. of course, time travel is going to cause all kinds of logic issues, especially when people can travel at will. i mean, the only thing that is stopping them from revisiting a time period to change something is their "morals", like Hiro learned with the Texas girl. ANYWAY, another problem is the "immortal blood" that everyone and their mom now seems to have. how are they going to fix that?? .... i'll have to finish the episode to find out more i guess, but these ideas are getting too ridiculous.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

there's nothing wrong about time travelling

Charmed had one and they really played it well

one of my favorite episodes was the one that had time travelling involved in it
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

while ignoring all time paradox problems, being able to time travel at will means if something happens that you don't like or you want to find out more information about something that happened, you can go to that exact time and find out everything or even change the outcome.